Megacrop thread

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member
Just wanna update my experience and opinion of MC V2.

In soil*, it's great for veg/transition, too much N for flower, showing with too much foliage, which in turn stays green right till the end. IMHO too much N in flower encourages leaf growth and inhibits bud formation making small buds which are a PITA to trim. Didn't use any boosters or anything, but isn't that supposed to be the point of MC?

In hempy's fed by a reservoir, I found that there was too much organic stuff in there to keep a clean res' without emptying and cleaning everything every week, I gave up in flower and switched back to Canna flores.

I really like it Veg for flood and drain in clay pebbles, but think it's vital that you're using a microbial inoculate regularly to keep on top of the bad guy's in the res(I use EM1 which initially seems expensive, but it's the cheapest option available if you take a little effort to 'extend' it). Same problem in hydro as with soil tho, too much N for flower.

It's good stuff, just not in a res' that's not highly controlled/monitored or for flowering as a stand alone product.

* by soil, I mean a soil-less mix/potting compost, only 'some' outdoor growers actually grow in soil ;)

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Just wanna update my experience and opinion of MC V2.

In soil*, it's great for veg/transition, too much N for flower, showing with too much foliage, which in turn stays green right till the end. IMHO too much N in flower encourages leaf growth and inhibits bud formation making small buds which are a PITA to trim. Didn't use any boosters or anything, but isn't that supposed to be the point of MC?

In hempy's fed by a reservoir, I found that there was too much organic stuff in there to keep a clean res' without emptying and cleaning everything every week, I gave up in flower and switched back to Canna flores.

I really like it Veg for flood and drain in clay pebbles, but think it's vital that you're using a microbial inoculate regularly to keep on top of the bad guy's in the res(I use EM1 which initially seems expensive, but it's the cheapest option available if you take a little effort to 'extend' it). Same problem in hydro as with soil tho, too much N for flower.

It's good stuff, just not in a res' that's not highly controlled/monitored or for flowering as a stand alone product.

* by soil, I mean a soil-less mix/potting compost, only 'some' outdoor growers actually grow in soil ;)
I think this is most peoples experience. Depending on the new product release it will essentially become a 3 part dry regimen. Run plain mega in veg and transition both into just bud explosion and a micro nutrient product to keep up on the rest. Bought a big bag from all the hype and i should have jumped ship sooner at least for flowering. Def made things a struggle.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I think this is most peoples experience. Depending on the new product release it will essentially become a 3 part dry regimen. Run plain mega in veg and transition both into just bud explosion and a micro nutrient product to keep up on the rest. Bought a big bag from all the hype and i should have jumped ship sooner at least for flowering. Def made things a struggle.
Shit made no sense. Jumped off the mega ship is what I meant lol. I was all organic before so I thought about using a bottled organic nute in coco and figured f it. Next one will be with something different.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I like the mega crop...think ive said that before lol
Am a dirt grower though...one day ill pull out my dwc buckets and use them but I do prefer dirt growing. I'm not after yield I'm after quality.
So I use very little megacrop as the dirt has nutes….its not till week 5 I use ferts.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It sucks in hydro. In coco its ok until late bloom when i would rather use a 3 part because it is so easy to know whats in it :D

But for veg in coco it really does do a good job. For hydro systems i use something less slimy and more dependable

Soil...i bet it would work well except for the PH when you mix it. But you do not feed every time so its probably ok. Mixing it at 700 PPM puts me at 5.9 PH 1000 TDS gets me to 5.6

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Usually when I do hydro grows I use advance nutes...mega crop I just use for dirt grows. I only use half strength of megacrop when I use it. Only puts the ph up a couple points...couple drops of ph down and all is good lol

Mr.Head

I found a rock in my cal/mag. So I guess I'll be filtering this through an old bubble bag before using.

I've followed all the tips, warm water, letting it sit for 24-48 hours, etc etc etc. I bought 5lb bags of this shit, the sample didn't do this. The main nutrient and the cal/mag refuse to dissolve fully.

It's a dirt cheap nutrient that's made cheaper if you make a few forum posts about it. I'm always wary about this type of marketing, it leads to dishonest reviews. The samples worked great, but Megacrop has some serious issues. This rock was small enough to be sucked into one of my pumps and ruin it. Or clog/damage my drip system.

Now like a 5 year old on the playground I've started a rock collection, lets see what else I find filtering the rest of the bag.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I found a rock in my cal/mag. So I guess I'll be filtering this through an old bubble bag before using.

I've followed all the tips, warm water, letting it sit for 24-48 hours, etc etc etc. I bought 5lb bags of this shit, the sample didn't do this. The main nutrient and the cal/mag refuse to dissolve fully.

It's a dirt cheap nutrient that's made cheaper if you make a few forum posts about it. I'm always wary about this type of marketing, it leads to dishonest reviews. The samples worked great, but Megacrop has some serious issues. This rock was small enough to be sucked into one of my pumps and ruin it. Or clog/damage my drip system.

Now like a 5 year old on the playground I've started a rock collection, lets see what else I find filtering the rest of the bag.

Ive completely stopped using the cal mag myself. It doesnt dissolve even when i do a rez change in 2 weeks i still see the white specs all over the inside of the buckets. I was doing the rez change when the ph would go wild on me. I stopped using the cal mag as well and switched to my own and it got back to being stable on me.

Hes using b grade fertilizer on his mixes. The granular size and how it mixes is just totally different than Jacks, megacrop etc of any other dry ive used. Those mix just fine and mixes completely.

D

Deleted member 60

The amendments seem to still be in stock but the MC itself is not in stock. My guess is the supply chain from Va-GChina has ceased to exist and MC may well be another casualty of this virus. Time will tell....but they never ran out of stock before all of this that I can remember.

Was just gonna use it for flowers and on the lawn...(not my cannabis, FWIW)....so no huge deal. Sadly, I think we'll see a lot more of the items we got used to using disappear from our World....

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
The amendments seem to still be in stock but the MC itself is not in stock. My guess is the supply chain from Va-GChina has ceased to exist and MC may well be another casualty of this virus. Time will tell....but they never ran out of stock before all of this that I can remember.

Was just gonna use it for flowers and on the lawn...(not my cannabis, FWIW)....so no huge deal. Sadly, I think we'll see a lot more of the items we got used to using disappear from our World....
They were supposed to be releasing a new product soon. One that would allow/convince me to continue using the line indefinitely. Some sort of micro product. I been checking but now you mention it I dont see it happening. Dynagro may be my new go to for bloom.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It was bugging me slugging around that sack of MC...so i started using it in VEG again.

The stuff is pretty awesome in Veg...My flood and drain is the furthest from the door (genius eh) so i keep that with a more stable res product but for every coco pot i think MC is going to work a long time.

The girls LOVE it

And i mixed a 5 gallon bottle at about 600 TDS (25ml of the solution i made gets me to 600). Poured it on the outdoor plants and they LOVED it. It is 100% organic soil with substrates so i will stick to MC until they transition and then i will use an organic till feed bloom product i have (apply 1 time per month).

Finally i am spending no more dough :) well except for coco...holy shit always running out of coco. I need to grow some coconut trees in the backyard or something...

Now that i have a bloom product (jacks bloom booster) i can run MC and Jacks for the next...600 bottles of feed (5 gallon bottles)...I think its closer to 750...

7 to 10 of those per week...so i have a while

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
It was bugging me slugging around that sack of MC...so i started using it in VEG again.

The stuff is pretty awesome in Veg...My flood and drain is the furthest from the door (genius eh) so i keep that with a more stable res product but for every coco pot i think MC is going to work a long time.

The girls LOVE it

And i mixed a 5 gallon bottle at about 600 TDS (25ml of the solution i made gets me to 600). Poured it on the outdoor plants and they LOVED it. It is 100% organic soil with substrates so i will stick to MC until they transition and then i will use an organic till feed bloom product i have (apply 1 time per month).

Finally i am spending no more dough :) well except for coco...holy shit always running out of coco. I need to grow some coconut trees in the backyard or something...

Now that i have a bloom product (jacks bloom booster) i can run MC and Jacks for the next...600 bottles of feed (5 gallon bottles)...I think its closer to 750...

7 to 10 of those per week...so i have a while
Question for you big bro. Cause we have similar ideologies when it comes to nutrients. In hydro when switching from veg (MC) to flower (AN) do you just switch nutes or do you mix both or give the first week into flower mega then the second week switch to AN for the duration of flower?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have to top up reservoirs pretty regularly. When they go in bloom i put them in full of the veg nute and just keep topping them up with bloom.

For coco pots i usually water them with a 50 50 mix for the first 2 weeks. Or veg then bloom if thats whats in the jugs.

You do need to give them the veg food to do the stretch right. When the flowers are setting and fuzzy they dont need it anymore (imho). Sometimes i use just veg nutes right until the fuzzy goes on the bud.

D

Deleted member 60

I musta got banned by MC like I did @ Penile Hunters.....that bag has been "in transit" for 12 days now.....no updates.... so my guess is that it's a pile of powder on a USPS store room floor somewhere by now. The last box came super beat-the-fuck-up and made it in only a few days...so we will see.....but I'm not gettin a good feeling here. Just glad it isn't SEEDS or other fun items.

Good tips @gwheels .....I may toss some on the vegging ladies cus it does work well in veg. In bloom....not so much for my needs. But the lawn will be very happy.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I have to top up reservoirs pretty regularly. When they go in bloom i put them in full of the veg nute and just keep topping them up with bloom.

For coco pots i usually water them with a 50 50 mix for the first 2 weeks. Or veg then bloom if thats whats in the jugs.

You do need to give them the veg food to do the stretch right. When the flowers are setting and fuzzy they dont need it anymore (imho). Sometimes i use just veg nutes right until the fuzzy goes on the bud.
I always give veg nutes with MC since i use it all throigh flower just adding bloom into the mix but theres enough N in the AN connoisseur bloom to handle the two week stretch imo.
Thats interesting tho that you mix the 2 with no ill side effects. Thanks g

V3n0M

Super Active Member
would flower fuel be a good alternative to bud explosion?

i just flipped to flower and im only using the newest mega crop 05/08 at the moment

D

Deleted member 60

The folks at Megacrop shipped me another bag yesterday. Bag #1 is still M.I.A. We'll see of I end up with 2....eventually.

Shoulda had him toss in some Gravitron for the 'rado gear.....huh? LOL Well I never.....