Meatmans Never Ending Grow Journal

ChiefRunningPhist

Drunk on Knowledge
You went from milligrams to multiplying it by three cups, then by the same three cups again.

1 cup = 240ml, 3 cups would be 720ml

36,800Mg THC into 720ml liquid means there are 51.111 mg of THC in every milliliter.

A teaspoon is 5ml so a 5ml/tsp dose would have about 250mg.

Milligrams is the same as Milliliters in weight - weigh the gummy :)
I was just showing the long way, if you didn't use the entire batch of infused oil then instead of inserting "3 Cups" in (the # of cups of infused oil being used in the current recipe) blank, you'd use 1cup or 0.75cups ect or whatever you used. In the example, I was describing using all 3 cups of oil so that's why I put it in there, but ya it looks funny because 3/3 is 1 so its redundant to have it in that exact & particular case, but in the instance where you only used a portion of the oil and saved the rest, then you'd not get 1 if dividing 3 by the portion (3cups made/3cups used =1, but 3cups made/.075cups used, does not equal 1) and the variables are significant then. The Eq (or the basic principle) works in any scenario, though in some scenarios the variables cancel each other out.

The weight method can be just as precise but I think oil and water have decently different densities and I'm not sure about the density of the gummy, but essentially I think you'd want to incorporate a mass/volume conversion somewhere along the way.

Also, just thought I'd mention that the method I'm explaining assumes all the cannibinoids transferred into the oil. Generally they all will be (or close to) but if you're estimating your herb at 22%, and only 85% was infused into the oil, then you'll have even less potency (.22 × .85 = .187; drops your herb potency % used to 18.7%), so the estimates calculated are for the maximum average, or best case scenario on the average (should be pretty dam close to reality though if you estimated your herb potency right).

Edit:
Some people dont strain their oil, they keep all the raw material within, that way they know for certain that all cannibinoids made it in, but I wouldn't recommend this unless baking brownies with lots of chocolate, cause imo it tastes like crap without lots of chocolate, but doing an everclear extraction or some solvent based extraction should yield high %'s. If done in cold enough temps you should be able to soak it long enough to only need 1 run while keeping undesireables out.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
dit:
Some people dont strain their oil, they keep all the raw material within, that way they know for certain that all cannibinoids made it in, but I wouldn't recommend this unless baking brownies with lots of chocolate, cause imo it tastes like crap without lots of chocolate, but doing an everclear extraction or some solvent based extraction should yield high %'s. If done in cold enough temps you should be able to soak it long enough to only need 1 run while keeping undesireables out.
When I you use butter or coconut oil, or something that will soildify above freezing temp, I put a kettle of water on to boil. After you gently strain everything to get the primo extra virgin pre-pressing - whatever oil, put the remainder in a Bodum coffee press then fill it with boiling water. agitate the hell out of everything so the veg gets saturated with water and and sinks - the oil floats, then press it. Pour it in a glass bowl and stick it in the fridge. If you have a thick enough layer of oil on top it'll come off in a puck. If not you can pour it through a strainer. I cook with that stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I use olive oil or some other liquid-at-room-temp oil, I do the above, then mix either budder or butter in the hot-water-and-oil bowl. if it's mixed well, it will all solidify.

Edited: -at least enough to easily separate the water. It might stay soft like that spreadable butter.

ChiefRunningPhist

Drunk on Knowledge
You get 13 gummys out of one batch and there is 55 grams of oil in each batch
Density of EV Olive Oil..
Screenshot_2021-02-27-20-39-51-1.png

Cups per litre...
Screenshot_2021-02-27-20-40-31-1.png

If you weighed out 55g of oil to use, that's..
(55g) ÷ [(0.917kg/l) × (1000g/kg)]
=
0.0599l of oil used in the batch

0.0599l is equal to..
(4.227cups/l) × (0.0599l)
=
0.253cups of oil used

There was a total of 160g used to make 3 cups of oil, so how many grams of bud went into the 55g oil batch?

160g ÷ 3cups
=
53.33g per cup

0.253cups were used so...

(0.253cups) × (53.33g/cup)
=
13.49g of dry bud went into the 55g of oil and batch of gummies.

If there were 13 gummies made from the batch then...

(13.49g bud) ÷ (13 gummies)
=
1.04g of dry bud per gummie

Now just multiply your potency % by your grams of dry bud per gummie to find total mg per gummie.

Guessing herb was 22%...

(1.04g/gummie) × (0.22)
=
0.228g; 228mg of canninbinoids per gummy

Or you can just know that eating 1 gummy is the same as 1.04g of the material that it's made from. That's kinda how I go by, if I want to get blasted then I'll eat an 8ths worth, or more, otherwise I like 1g worth depending on the strain.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Density of EV Olive Oil..
View attachment 84732

Cups per litre...
View attachment 84731

If you weighed out 55g of oil to use, that's..
(55g) ÷ [(0.917kg/l) × (1000g/kg)]
=
0.0599l of oil used in the batch

0.0599l is equal to..
(4.227cups/l) × (0.0599l)
=
0.253cups of oil used

There was a total of 160g used to make 3 cups of oil, so how many grams of bud went into the 55g oil batch?

160g ÷ 3cups
=
53.33g per cup

0.253cups were used so...

(0.253cups) × (53.33g/cup)
=
13.49g of dry bud went into the 55g of oil and batch of gummies.

If there were 13 gummies made from the batch then...

(13.49g bud) ÷ (13 gummies)
=
1.04g of dry bud per gummie

Now just multiply your potency % by your grams of dry bud per gummie to find total mg per gummie.

Guessing herb was 22%...

(1.04g/gummie) × (0.22)
=
0.228g; 228mg of canninbinoids per gummy

Or you can just know that eating 1 gummy is the same as 1.04g of the material that it's made from. That's kinda how I go by, if I want to get blasted then I'll eat an 8ths worth, or more, otherwise I like 1g worth depending on the strain.
👆 Way too many steps for a stoner and math. Not saying anything is wrong, but here's a short-cut with less chance for error.

Necessary math-number 1:
When I guestimated THC content of decarbed bud or kief - I use 20% just for easy math. If my bud is stronger then the stuff is a little stronger. (Kief I use 40%) Use that and the grams of product, get the THC content in mg.

Necessary math-number 2:
How much oil you are infusing it into and Reduce it to ml for easy math. I do this based on the container size of my cooker.

If either of those numbers is a set number (for me it's the oil, for some it might be bud available or a dosage requirement) then the math is set. The last number you need is the THC content per dose you are shooting for. My example is that if I work the math so that it is (about) 20mg/ml it equals 100mg/tsp. One is easy for a figuring a personal dose, the other for a cooking measurement.

Since my set measurement is the container at 200ml (or any measurement you pick, in ml)
200ml oil x 20mg/ml dose = 4000mg THC I need - I do the bud math after that to get the amount I need to put in the oil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner alert - that was just about the oil.

With the gummies, chocolate, etc. you are obviously adding product to thin out the oil. Count the holes in the tray. There's your dose. Figuring the oil before hand, big batch, whatever makes the dosing easy.

With 20mg/ml of thc, if the tray makes a 12 chocolates and you want them 20mg each, you need to add 12ml of oil. Doesn't matter the volume of anything else if it is all going into those 12 molds and you mix it well.

Big gummies, tiny pats of budder, a dose is a dose. The only problem you run into is if the amount of oil you have to add to get the dosage makes the gummies get sticky, or the choclolate not solidify right. So stronger oil is always better just so you have to use less.

ChiefRunningPhist

Drunk on Knowledge
👆 Way too many steps for a stoner and math. Not saying anything is wrong, but here's a short-cut with less chance for error.

Necessary math-number 1:
When I guestimated THC content of decarbed bud or kief - I use 20% just for easy math. If my bud is stronger then the stuff is a little stronger. (Kief I use 40%) Use that and the grams of product, get the THC content in mg.

Necessary math-number 2:
How much oil you are infusing it into and Reduce it to ml for easy math. I do this based on the container size of my cooker.

If either of those numbers is a set number (for me it's the oil, for some it might be bud available or a dosage requirement) then the math is set. The last number you need is the THC content per dose you are shooting for. My example is that if I work the math so that it is (about) 20mg/ml it equals 100mg/tsp. One is easy for a figuring a personal dose, the other for a cooking measurement.

Since my set measurement is the container at 200ml (or any measurement you pick, in ml)
200ml oil x 20mg/ml dose = 4000mg THC I need - I do the bud math after that to get the amount I need to put in the oil.
Ya it was just to show how to calculate based on weight. I too think it's too long.

Just fill in the blanks here and you'll never be wrong..
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-53890641.jpeg_1614491904410.jpeg

Edit:
(1,000) is the only number that stays the same, all the other numbers will be replaced with different numbers depending on the quantities that you used in your personal process. If you only used 100g then 160 becomes 100, and if you only used 2 cups of oil to infuse your herb into then the 3 becomes a 2, and if you only used half and saved half (of the 2 cups that were infused) , then the other 3 becomes a 1 (half of 2), ect ect. The (1000), or the conversion from g to mg, always stays constant regardless your personal process..

Last edited:

Meatman

Meat Master
Well guys and gals stay tuned here’s a little spoiler I bought 3 new tents I’m getting rid of all of my old ones ordered literally all the grow shit from ac infinity the fans, the filters, the ductwork, the fan controllers for humidity and temperature, and than I am having my light guy send me a light that is just for vegging, so I will be vegging in the 2x4 and than moving stuff into the 4x4 and 5x5 I plan on having a whole tent done every 4 weeks, this should help me out a lot having one tent just dedicated to vegging so I can start taking cuts and keeping some keepers around....sorry to ramble on writing is not my strong point but this should be legit

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well guys and gals stay tuned here’s a little spoiler I bought 3 new tents I’m getting rid of all of my old ones ordered literally all the grow shit from ac infinity the fans, the filters, the ductwork, the fan controllers for humidity and temperature, and than I am having my light guy send me a light that is just for vegging, so I will be vegging in the 2x4 and than moving stuff into the 4x4 and 5x5 I plan on having a whole tent done every 4 weeks, this should help me out a lot having one tent just dedicated to vegging so I can start taking cuts and keeping some keepers around....sorry to ramble on writing is not my strong point but this should be legit
That's about the schedule I've been running, if you run regs you just have to play with quantity, and if you get long flowering ones your flower tents can get backed up.

Meatman

Meat Master
Ya I was running two tents one for veg and one for flowering than I decided to veg and flower in both and now I’m 7-8 weeks out from a harvest and that’s not good so I needed to make some adjustments lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ya I was running two tents one for veg and one for flowering than I decided to veg and flower in both and now I’m 7-8 weeks out from a harvest and that’s not good so I needed to make some adjustments lol
2 flower tents works great to keep a rotation going, flip every 4-6 weeks and drop another set.

Biggest problem will always be full tents. Having a separate little rig for seeds lets you use the whole veg area to get more plants a little bigger without needing room for a dome or anything.

In hindsight, and what I am doing now, is less plants on a regular schedule instead of more plants and getting stuff clogged and delaying drops. Instead of trying to fill a tent with each drop I'll shoot for about 75% of a tent each drop.

Meatman

Meat Master
Well the 2x4 tent came today time to get to work and set that up waiting for my light still it should be here Monday than I can build that and I will be ready to rock my two other tents will be here next week but I think I am going to wait until I harvest the 4x4 and the 5x5 so I dont have to move as much stuff back and forth2D53F475-D661-4B9D-BEB9-4A886AB8D6D8.jpeg