Male clone flowering

pHup

Dihydrogen
...The tent is on 18/6 I can't change lighting sched as the ladies needs come 1st.
If I snip the balls will it effect the plant?
Thank you ✂

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I have read that they will always throw pre balls just like the girls do. aIf they are throwing more than that and you are worried, I would go more on time. I just pluck balls on mine as they form as they are pretty close to my flower room.

pHup

Dihydrogen
I have read that they will always throw pre balls just like the girls do. aIf they are throwing more than that and you are worried, I would go more on time. I just pluck balls on mine as they form as they are pretty close to my flower room.
Cheers Tman I'm gonna try and rig up a tall propergator to keep him in. Scalpe to them balls tomorrow!

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
My f2 Mac male clone doesn't show sex till I put him to flower. No nut sacks on him at present. That one if you look at it looks like a female until it goes to flower. Builds tight just like a female.

pHup

Dihydrogen
I asked the breeder he said cutting the balls would harm the plant but it should be ok. He also suggested just pollinate it.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

Hi All,
My male clone is in the veg tent but still gowing balls. I want to run him after harvest. What can I do to stop these balls?

(I dropped a cable on him hence the support - he's a Santa Maria F8)
fyi = 18/6 is fine for veg but if i use 18/6, it's because i want the plants to declare sex faster while still being in veg. just take the male out and put him under 3 - 9 watt led bulbs. the 18-6 schedule was an old school method that i have relayed many times on these boards in the last 15 yrs. to me it's the sexing veg schedule par excellence.

if u want to keep that male leave his balls alone. the only balls u should snip are on females so u don't see your flower room or at least keep it to a bare few. regular veg schedule is 20-4 as they don't need 24hrs of light nor do u need t pay the bill for that without a serious return imho. if u in a hurry than 24 hrs on and flip at 12-12 is standard.

i never give up on genetics unless they voice me to do so. i treat them as if they were bulldogs. until you roll/match or let them hunt hogs after prepped you won't know by looks how it will perform in the end. especailly when done right. many folks just kill/cull and continue and they usually have the extra seeds/clones to do that. that's fine for them but many don;t have oit so comfy and i suggestthey give there genetics their best chance and don't compromise = cutting balls off a male you want = makes no sinse literally imho.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I was thinking of your a keeping a male in an area that pollen could get to the girls and your not using him. Snipping the balls before they open would prevent accidental pollination. I’m talking the odd ball. If he’s in full bloom he’s probly going to get the job done even if you try to temporarily neuter him.
I wouldn’t think removing the odd ball would have negative consequences down the road?

I was thinking of your a keeping a male in an area that pollen could get to the girls and your not using him. Snipping the balls before they open would prevent accidental pollination. I’m talking the odd ball. If he’s in full bloom he’s probly going to get the job done even if you try to temporarily neuter him.
I wouldn’t think removing the odd ball would have negative consequences down the road?
I recently had a male (pre?)flower in veg as well. I wanted to keep him as a father, but he was pollinating my mothers :(
Anyways, I put him in his own spot and a flower had already popped and I picked two to see what was up.
So far the plucking has had no adverse effects and he is still putting out balls on this one top.

Attachments

Stoned Cold Bulldog

based on strain and light schedule preflower in veg can be done on the regular with 18/6 mh light for about a month . i guess full spectrum led will work as well. that male looks a little funny not making ball clusters. never saw that before.

i just transplanted two rooters for one clone today. a male - no. 4 of the same male. talk about prevent defense. for me that's usually 2m but did the xtra one just because i could. this last one was done just to test cloning with a old rapid rooter. if they are free of mites they will be used. if not they will all be merc'd .

wish u all the best.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Had to google glyoxal. Doesn't even
look like it has a use in growing. At least sell us some good stuff that’s hard to attain.

Soon as the flowers start openimg you can harvest. Looks like your there?
Cool beans, many thanks. Yea, it's been dumping pollen on itself a while.
How long will they go for before going bad/ need to regen or do they just keep flowering like they veg?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
They go a couple weeks.
I tip my male sideways over a big sheet of glass, shower door with some fresh paper sheets down to collect. Tap tap on the stock. Make a fold in the middle of the paper so you can lift paper and tap pollen into the middle fold. At this time you can use also use a scraper with just one edge touching to gentle scrape the flowers off the pollen. You can tap the pollen down the sheet. Usually heavy stuff like flowers and bigger particles move first. Good way to separate the chaff.

If you want to store some.
If your RH is low leave it to dry on the paper first. It looks like dust but if you bag it it will mold. If your RH is high you may be able the pollen into a paper envelope and dry artificially with desiccant.