lucas formula any body have good results it works for me

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
hi I just joined not to long ago and wanted to share my grow with lucas formula
I used this for a while now and had good results
for people that does not know the mix
what I run is GH nutes 3 part but only use 2
8ml of micro per gallon
16ml bloom and 2ml of pro-tek these girls are 3wks into veg will be flipping soon
I have some black mambas going and grape jelly for next grow
from brisco county genetics by the time these finish I will be ready for the BLACK MAMBA
as you can see these look pretty good I am not a pro to hydro but its a fun hobby
and good meds
any ?'s just ask away

happy growing :>)

Attachments

Magrowers

Yea I ran Lucas off bloom and micro for years....then I switched over to just the maxibloom which works out to be pretty much exactly the same. The maxibloom has some ph buffers and I liked that even more. Ran that way for about 2 years. Tried megacrop last year and I bought a big bag...although I do add a tsp of magnesium per 3 gallons or water. Love it.

Way back when I tried a few of the fancier things with a bunch of different bottles. Lucas/megacrop has performed better, cheaper, and easier without any additives. People are crazy running the expensive stuff. Doubters should seriously just run one of their plants this way. They will not go back.

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
I ran a slightly modified Lucas formula for years in promix not hydro....it was just fine...except the flavor profiles were just not as good as organic soil...but the yeilds were better...very easy to use and no problems as long as you know the pH is best kept lower 6.5-6.0 and Cal mag before 30 days...

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I was once hard into the Lucas formula but honestly there is no exact formula imo. If the plant tells me to stray from the plan I listen. That being said, I definitely do subscribe to the ol k.i.s.s. Method and maxibloom will always have a place in my heart. Using mega now. If I had my way I’d use botanicare pure blend pro grow all the way through (3-2-4) but I can only order it by the quart to be shipped up here and the cost doesn’t work out. I flippin love that good shib tho. I once and a while add like 1/8 th of recommendation on the bottle of a generic pk product 2 or so feeds, but mostly love a good one part. Even two/three bottles would drive me bonkers at this point. One thing about megacrop i dislike is it doesn’t drop my ph down really at all. An average feed of the pure blend put me right in the bang zone and I didn’t use ph products whole time I was using it.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
lucas @ work :cool:
hello everyone,
this is gg#4 almost 3wks in flower they seem like they are growing great
I am using 1 600watt hps and 1 cmh315watt you can see the color difference
sorry if pics are not hd but this is a old phone camera I will post more
in 3 wks not bad at all for lucas formula it is for sure the K.I.S.S formula

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
How much do you really save though? The grow formula is the least used in the trio. I always had to use bloom and micro way more than grow.
If you want to save money get megacrop or jacks.. I found Lucas was way too hot for what I was doing and crisped the shit out of everything. Autopots did not like it.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
How much do you really save though? The grow formula is the least used in the trio. I always had to use bloom and micro way more than grow.
If you want to save money get megacrop or jacks.. I found Lucas was way too hot for what I was doing and crisped the shit out of everything. Autopots did not like it.
for me not about saving its a K>I>S>S formula for me and works very well
keeps my RES stable even if I add straight water out of tap ppms stay stable as well
but the more water you add the less ppms you have I just change mine every 2 wks in veg
and every 8-12 days in flower all depends how much they eat
the pic in my profile picture is from my first ever hydro run strain is my hybread blue cheese x red cherry berry
female seed with that cross I got 3 different phenos all are great and all do well outside
I will post some pics on my other thread in a few days its a med grow at my sisters
she has been growing this for the last 4 yrs here is a pic of what I call cherry cheese

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am understanding what you mean now more than ever. I have water systems now. After a week the PH is adjusted a couple of times but the PPM are whacked. Every week you adjust.

BUT there is no growth like a water systems growth. It is ridiculous to even compare. 2 to 3 times the growth in speed and vigor.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
hell yeah regretting not vegging my current grow 30 days I went 3 weeks and the extra weeks would have been better but its a new strain not even sure its GG#4 bit it is some fire I will post some pics later on
i have some old school fire i am workin on now for outside growing and not no auto strain either
her name is purple angel she is so strong and very attractive a strain from a old hippy lady
she had to move and gave my nephew 7 plants and this was off one of them
she lasted from last september till end of march in a 16oz cup and still growing strong in soil
i will be running her in hydro my next grow

sandman83

Super Active Member
running lucas formula right now for the first time, will probably take me a few runs to tweak my system again and get em happy.

Woody

i know this is kinda old thread, but i`ve got to add my cents. i`ve tried all of lucus`s ideas, i tried almost eveything out pior to 7 years ago, even made my own. i switched to the general hydroponics pink powder using lucus`s formula, ive never looked back. seedlings get full strength from the start. no crazy ph problems. i just cant say enough, it`s just to EZ.

Bambam

Woody what’s this pink powder you speak of? I run 8/16 myself with cal mag. Running 2 in coco and one in DWC. I would like to make it even more simple if can be done! Lol 😂 thanks I’m advance.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Woody what’s this pink powder you speak of? I run 8/16 myself with cal mag. Running 2 in coco and one in DWC. I would like to make it even more simple if can be done! Lol 😂 thanks I’m advance.
Maxibloom, the veg counter part is MaxiBloom, you can use it, it cheap, it works but its does has its drawbacks with certain strains in week 4, also A LOT of people tend to over feed with it since they see deficiencies and up the ppm across the board moving things in to danger territory. I’d say for home guys it’s fine until you have your environment fine tuned and your strains tendencies figured out, then move on from maxi bloom, but if you’re a hands off type guy by all means go for it, just watch your salt build up and you’re golden.

Bambam

I like the idea so much I had some delivered lol. Anyone have any helpful information on this stuff in DWC? Running a 5gallon with RO water. Big ol bush of MAC 1. Have enough of the liquid stuff for this grow but for the price I’d like to use this dry nute stuff. Thanks for any help or pointers 👍

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
Sure man, I’ve used tons of it. Never in DWC though. Should be easy.
1. Get a food processor or a coffee grinder and buzz the hell out of it. I usually buzz up the entire 5gal pal when I get it.

2. Get the Grow too.
I use them:
75/25 grow/bloom for veg
50/50 first 2 weeks
After that maxi till when you decide to cut feeding.

3. Have Calg Mag on hand, some strains need more than what’s in there.

4. KSo4 goes great with it on some strains. I love it on my cheese strains and use this exact program no matter what else I’m doing, with the added Sulfer and K it’s literally plug and play.

5. It can get salty if overdone, have a leeching agent if you’re prone to over feeding.

6. It works great in sterile a sterile rez, stable ph.

7. You get a 5 gal pail with it or a square plastic bin to reuse.

8. This is the most important thing, you need to mix it really well, if you’re lazy or old use a food processor, if you’re able to, just use 2 23L pails and dump them into each other using HOT WATER you need HOT WATER to mix it. People complain about it not dissolving but they seldom use hot water. It makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

Dr Evil

I use GH Maxibloom for my hempy grows and have been happy with it over the years

They have changed their formula twice but never indicate so on the packaging, which I think is weird considering it has improved.

The original (left) was lighter in colour but the new stuff mixes so much better.

P3040001.JPG

when mixed up, it looks like koolaid. I always used a blender in the old days as it didn't dissolve easy, but the new stuff mixes much better

DSC_0693.JPG