Low ph in coco

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Ran recycle coco the greenhouse last summer ran 400 ppm all summer. 3 gal finner pots. Dumped res after plants went through most of 25gall. Res. Ppm stayed right around 400 as the plants drank.
That was through some very hot conditions. 104+. Blew me away they just prayed though it all.
Acxadub run. So I know it works well.
The center one yielded around a LB.

EC0BAADD-0872-4FE6-82FC-AF143A48C2B2.jpeg

larf

Ran recycle coco the greenhouse last summer ran 400 ppm all summer. 3 gal finner pots. Dumped res after plants went through most of 25gall. Res. Ppm stayed right around 400 as the plants drank.
That was through some very hot conditions. 104+. Blew me away they just prayed though it all.

View attachment 107982
Damn. Well done.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Some of my pots were giving readings of over 4000 PPM. I have no idea what that is in EC because it maxed out my truncheon. It took me two full days to flush them back down to a safe level. I caught it before it effected the buds, but they were definitely stunted. The buds are dense and actually look extra frosty. They didn't stack much, so I'll be harvesting a bunch of chodes.

I would love to try a RDWC setup at some point. I agree with 20 that recirculating coco water is probably a dangerous game.
RDWC is awesome, but you have to make sure the water makes it down into the 60s at least once a day or the snot will come calling. So active cooling in summer is pretty much required.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical

View attachment 107982
This right here. You ran low EC for hot conditions and that's how it's done. Higher EC for cooler conditions. There no need to throw away nutes after just one pass; that's just job security for nutrient makers, not to mention terrible for the environment.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Ya the 3 went through about 20gallons of water every 3-4 days. Tossed the leftover on the strawberry patch and refreshed the res. Another thing that really surprised me was the middle one had some fungus nat damage I think to the stock at medial level. Lost about 50% of the bark and she just keeps going. Used some h202 and stopped the rot but the damage was done. Will be trying her in the GH again this spring. Same style of feed but may dig a hole and sink the res in the ground to keep it cool maybe go with 45gal.

Zmh

That would be my guess. I am only doing two feedings a day with an automated DTW system. Pretty big plants.View attachment 108798
Yeah twice a day would probably be enough, but it doesn't seem to make any harm to water more frequently.

I don't really want bigger plants because I don't have that much space. I focus more on making the plants as happy as possible.

I also had a lot of problems with budds falling over the last week's, will put up a net this run. 5 days since flip.

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
but it doesn't seem to make any harm to water more frequently.
I think with coco it actually is not ideal. I have found I get much better results with a setup that allows the root ball to lose a significant amount of it's water weight between feedings, by using smaller pots and only two feedings. Also, if you aren't getting enough run-off with each round of watering there could be more salt accumulation than with a twice a day regimen. Hope you get it figured out!

I think with coco it actually is not ideal. I have found I get much better results with a setup that allows the root ball to lose a significant amount of it's water weight between feedings, by using smaller pots and only two feedings. Also, if you aren't getting enough run-off with each round of watering there could be more salt accumulation than with a twice a day regimen. Hope you get it figured out!
Coco is actually most ideal with multiple fertigation events daily. Fresh nutrient solution brings in fresh oxygen and nutrients to the roots. Allowing the coco to dry out is not optimal and only increases the chance of salt build up.

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Every fertigation regime that isn't a constant drip has a "drying period" in between feedings. And obviously a constant drip would be very expensive with DTW. Excessive water in the root zone during the dark period can contribute to bud rot and other humidity issues * in my experience*. The idea is to find the proper balance. I have found that balance after tweaking this particular setup for over a year. No ph problems. No health issues. No salt build-up. A spectacular yield every time.

Your setup may vary in it's requirements depending on a multitude of other factors. But there is no "right" and "wrong" number of fertigations. Do what works for YOU.