Low ph in coco

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Have you checked your runoff ppm? If your plants are not taking as much nutes as water it will be quite high and cause over fert/ lockout root rot low PH. I think read with coco 300ppm higher runoff is max.some say dont pay attention to runnoff but it tells you what the plants are taking in. I loke to check every so often its a good indicator of too little or too much feed.

As said above heat is good. My greenhouse last year was up to 104f in the heat of summer. I was in 3gal fiber pots in coco/perlite auto water 3x day and they didnt miss a beat prayed all day .8-.9 ec all grow. I didn't drain i rcycled till res was almost empty. ppm stayed the same till i upped the p and k started climbimg so i went back to 50/50.
Maybe upping your heat is all you need. Good luck.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Rereading one of your replys on heat, RH and ventilating. It can be quite the jugling act.
Led can run cool and cause just what you are seeing.
I alternate between dehu and veantalation to keep vpd in check.
Dehu will add heat as it lowers RH. Not very cost efective but it works. I run a themostat on the power going to my dehu. Once temp hits 78 it shuts off and the ventalation takes over.
Adding more light will do the same especially the inefficient leds.

larf

Have you checked your runoff ppm? If your plants are not taking as much nutes as water it will be quite high and cause over fert/ lockout root rot low PH. I think read with coco 300ppm higher runoff is max.some say dont pay attention to runnoff but it tells you what the plants are taking in. I loke to check every so often its a good indicator of too little or too much feed.

As said above heat is good. My greenhouse last year was up to 104f in the heat of summer. I was in 3gal fiber pots in coco/perlite auto water 3x day and they didnt miss a beat prayed all day .8-.9 ec all grow. I didn't drain i rcycled till res was almost empty. ppm stayed the same till i upped the p and k started climbimg so i went back to 50/50.
Maybe upping your heat is all you need. Good luck.
I saved my grow from catastrophic failure by checking the runoff EC a few weeks ago. I typically never check it, but I'm using Blumats and had my suspicions.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I saved my grow from catastrophic failure by checking the runoff EC a few weeks ago. I typically never check it, but I'm using Blumats and had my suspicions.
Do you run nutrients through your blumats? Most people I know who do have problems.

larf

Do you run nutrients through your blumats? Most people I know who do have problems.
Yeah, but that wasn't really the problem. I had an clogged pressure reducer screen from running powdered silica and kelp, but everything was fine once I cut them out. I blame using too small of pots really. There was a complicated balance between trying to find the proper EC and finding the proper Blumat setting. With the Blumats, there is a thin margin of turns between over and under watered due to the pot size. Either the plants were too wet or the pots would slowly dry out., and either way the salts would runaway. I could either give a progressively weaker nutrient solution or regularly hand water to runoff. So I chose to hand water and let the Blumats act as a secondary watering system until harvest.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Yeah, but that wasn't really the problem. I had an clogged pressure reducer screen from running powdered silica and kelp, but everything was fine once I cut them out. I blame using too small of pots really. There was a complicated balance between trying to find the proper EC and finding the proper Blumat setting. With the Blumats, there is a thin margin of turns between over and under watered due to the pot size. Either the plants were too wet or the pots would slowly dry out., and either way the salts would runaway. I could either give a progressively weaker nutrient solution or regularly hand water to runoff. So I chose to hand water and let the Blumats act as a secondary watering system until harvest.
This is why I never got them. I found running large res RDWC to be easier for me to manage.

I imagine that if all your nutrients are in the soil or organic soil so you run nothing but water through them, they'd be great.

larf

This is why I never got them. I found running large res RDWC to be easier for me to manage.

I imagine that if all your nutrients are in the soil or organic soil so you run nothing but water through them, they'd be great.
I think I’m going to retire them to an actual garden next summer.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I have a pack of blue mats. Tried them. Too unpredictable with wetness. May try them outside.
Good thing you found the high ppm runoff. @larf I find once the ppm gets too high plants quit taking on nutes and drinking and it gets much worse. I had some autos seed plants get up to 2000ppm surprisingly they looked ok but stalled. Once I did some flushing roots started to grow and they finished.
Im experimenting auto water coco with runoff going back to the res. Much like hydro. Easy to monitor ppm and ph.

I have a pack of blue mats. Tried them. Too unpredictable with wetness. May try them outside.
Good thing you found the high ppm runoff. @larf I find once the ppm gets too high plants quit taking on nutes and drinking and it gets much worse. I had some autos seed plants get up to 2000ppm surprisingly they looked ok but stalled. Once I did some flushing roots started to grow and they finished.
Im experimenting auto water coco with runoff going back to the res. Much like hydro. Easy to monitor ppm and ph.
I wouldn't want my runoff going back into my res.

larf

Some of my pots were giving readings of over 4000 PPM. I have no idea what that is in EC because it maxed out my truncheon. It took me two full days to flush them back down to a safe level. I caught it before it effected the buds, but they were definitely stunted. The buds are dense and actually look extra frosty. They didn't stack much, so I'll be harvesting a bunch of chodes.

I would love to try a RDWC setup at some point. I agree with 20 that recirculating coco water is probably a dangerous game.

Some of my pots were giving readings of over 4000 PPM. I have no idea what that is in EC because it maxed out my truncheon. It took me two full days to flush them back down to a safe level. I caught it before it effected the buds, but they were definitely stunted. The buds are dense and actually look extra frosty. They didn't stack much, so I'll be harvesting a bunch of chodes.

I would love to try a RDWC setup at some point. I agree with 20 that recirculating coco water is probably a dangerous game.
4000 ppm is 8 EC on the 500 ppm Hannah scale.