Lets talk GAMES !!!

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
The second last pic is the start of a cabinet I made from scratch to hold that giant monitor that I had rebuilt. The one just beside it is Primal Rage. I got bored with my wife working evenings for a while so I kept snapping up broken games and fixing them. I made the cabinet just for the heck of it. Installed a Mame system with some light guns. After that I converted the Die Hard arcade in the third pic into a Mame machine with a custom light up control panel, track ball, spinner and side buttons for pinball. Was a fun hobby.
That's pretty badass. Rebuilding videos could be rather profitable too. Do you ever fix them to sell? I wish I had all the room for that kinda stuff.

Here is an old ass game I used to play as a kid. This is the one my parents still have. It was just lil green dots on the screen and you could move your guy/dot around with the 3 direction buttons. I don't think it works but I could be wrong.
game.jpg

DougDawson

Really Active Member
Do you ever fix them to sell?
I have a few times and done some on site repair for a few folks. It was kind of nostalgia thing for me. I bought the Donkey King Jr. that is in one of the pics as a non working game I was going to use as a coffee table, than I opened it and that was it. I am in IT and do a ton of repair work so I instantly realized how simple the insides of those things were. Even rebuilding the monitors turned out to be interesting. The sit down multicade one is my best work I think. Was an old Pac-Man and beaten to pieces. I changed the monitor, glass, art work, all buttons, wiring, power supply and made new custom control panels for it. These days I do IT support and Managed Print Services for a company that has me working out of 3 hospitals we hold the contract for. They let me put the Ewaste bin in my office so I do a ton of repairs on Laptops, Tablets and TV's. Most of which I donate once or twice a year to a few places. Keeps me busy and feels good to be able to give to those who need it although having my office in hospitals this last couple years has been interesting in itself.

EDIT: Also I had that same game. Amazing how fast you could get that dot moving across the field :ROFLMAO:

That's pretty badass. Rebuilding videos could be rather profitable too. Do you ever fix them to sell? I wish I had all the room for that kinda stuff.

Here is an old ass game I used to play as a kid. This is the one my parents still have. It was just lil green dots on the screen and you could move your guy/dot around with the 3 direction buttons. I don't think it works but I could be wrong.
View attachment 106855
I had this!! rofl memories :alien:

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Just finished Mass Effect 3. What end would you choose? Destroy all synthetics. Control the reapers. Synthesis.