Lets talk GAMES !!!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I found the cords...i plugged it all in...PS3 and Xbox1 are operational and part of the basement rec room.

I am just about to start Monster Hunter World...I bought it a couple years ago and got busy with life...and now i have time.

What are some of your favorite games ? Platform and game. Any of them really.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Witcher 3 was one of my faves. Gta5/red dead 2 . Last of us is still one of the best games ever imo. Part 2 should be unreal. Outer worlds bought that. Regretted it. Fallout 3 was better. Hasn't been a whole lot that is impressing lately I feel like.

I only ever played PC games once they got good. I was an Atari 2600 and 5200 man. There was one other console after the 5200 but I dropped it like a rock once PC came along. I took classes and learned how to program but I dropped that after a bit and took up electronics. I built PC's and added the software myself back in the late 80's. I soon after took up gaming and Doom was my first great experience in an FPS game.

I played Doom and Quake in the early 90's and Duke Nukem until the late 90's. Then in the later 90's I played Hexen and Redneck Rampage. Once online got big I went semi-pro and played Unreal and Unreal Tournament all online and all in leagues. When those games died down a bit I played Tribes on the side.

My favorites of all were Unreal 1, Half-Life and Unreal Tournament (the original). But eventually I got older and my hand/eye skills got a bit slower. To stay on top of the league ladders your hands and arm muscles got to be in tip top shape. Funny huh? That shit gets serious with carpal tunnel and all sorts of muscle tightness when you play 8 hours a day constantly. But I made a name for myself (which I wont type cause people may recognize it).

So after a while I sorta relaxed and when WoW came out in 2004 I bought it. I played it for 3 years, took a break for a few and then went back and have been playing it ever since. It's a great game for old people and I recommend it. I have a level 120 rogue on some gay ass server my guild transferred to. The guild broke up over a year ago so now I roam the lands alone looking for fair maidens to save and dangerous creatures to eviscerate :alien:

I used to play everquest.

What class/race is a good starter for WOW ? classic
A healer or a tank is the best way to get into a guild for Classic or any WoW guild really. I played Classic with some old friends from 2004 but I got bored really fast because I did all that stuff already. You also can play Classic WoW for free if you already pay for the retail version.

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
That 2nd to last pic is the Street Fighter 2/Turbo? I fucking loved that game and I straight annihilated people with Ken and Ryu. I was way better on controller than arcade tho.

Always loved Madden. I've been running franchises for almost 2 decades. I've really been into warzone lately but the cheating pisses me off. Gonna try PUBG soon as it free to play. FPS are pretty fun to me. I'm way behind on all that shit tho.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

DougDawson

Really Active Member
That 2nd to last pic is the Street Fighter 2/Turbo? I fucking loved that game and I straight annihilated people with Ken and Ryu. I was way better on controller than arcade tho.

Always loved Madden. I've been running franchises for almost 2 decades. I've really been into warzone lately but the cheating pisses me off. Gonna try PUBG soon as it free to play. FPS are pretty fun to me. I'm way behind on all that shit tho.
The second last pic is the start of a cabinet I made from scratch to hold that giant monitor that I had rebuilt. The one just beside it is Primal Rage. I got bored with my wife working evenings for a while so I kept snapping up broken games and fixing them. I made the cabinet just for the heck of it. Installed a Mame system with some light guns. After that I converted the Die Hard arcade in the third pic into a Mame machine with a custom light up control panel, track ball, spinner and side buttons for pinball. Was a fun hobby.

DougDawson

Really Active Member
I had a 1988 Swords of Fury pinball machine. It was the only one I’ve owned and I still regret selling it every day.
Nice. I rebuilt the pinball in the pic to put by my fishing gear in the basement of the cottage but it never left the basement of my house. Being electro mechanical I did not want to spend every summer sanding contacts due the moisture there. Still a fun game, got all new rubber and a few other bits and pieces. Still takes dimes. It's a 1971 Bally Mariner. My first pinball rebuild. Would like to do that playfield but out of my wheel house so I left it as is.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Nice. I rebuilt the pinball in the pic to put by my fishing gear in the basement of the cottage but it never left the basement of my house. Being electro mechanical I did not want to spend every summer sanding contacts due the moisture there. Still a fun game, got all new rubber and a few other bits and pieces. Still takes dimes. It's a 1971 Bally Mariner. My first pinball rebuild. Would like to do that playfield but out of my wheel house so I left it as is.
I had to touch up the playfield on mine, and it was a lot of work to get the paint to match well, but it looks nice once it was done and waxed. I also replaced all the rubber on mine but the only other work it needed was a new backup battery holder. It was my first internet purchase ever…bought it in the late 90s from a guy in San Diego (I lived in MT at the time) without thinking about how I was going to pay for it or get it. As luck turned out, a co-worker was going to a Navy base there for training so I gave him a check to bring to the guy and he brought it back with him.