Led build

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Gotta admit....when my first light arrived I was mad stoked. Then I opened it and it all went South. I was here just like him lol. I was legit thinking I spent over $1000 on 2 lights Ill never use lol. Once I figured the first one out....then second one I could have built with my eyes closed.
Ya when I first saw diagram I was like huh? But it really does makes sense , and is simple

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Hopefully he got into contact with the seller and asked what's up with the 30v driver... what is he supposed to do? Dim that thing way down? I mean maybe that's the idea, but geez the seller couldn't provide him with a little info about it?

Streetpro09

Tester
Dude ain't coming back
Well this thread didn't go quite the way I had planned but I am now learning about leds and drivers. I kinda needed a refresher on electrical theory anyway. I diag and fix circuits almost everyday (mechanic by trade) I just don't design new ones. So learning this stuff is bringing back some old memories.

Get it fired up?
Didn't even get the frame built last night. Figured I'd get the discussion going before I really needed the info just didn't realize I was going to drag my feet. Lol. Hopefully tonight will go better.

Hopefully he got into contact with the seller and asked what's up with the 30v driver... what is he supposed to do? Dim that thing way down? I mean maybe that's the idea, but geez the seller couldn't provide him with a little info about it?
I did get ahold of the seller and am waiting for an email. My guess is to turn volts down on driver. Probably the only one that large that was available at the time. I'll be curious how his wiring compares to the mess I came up with last night. Lol

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Well this thread didn't go quite the way I had planned but I am now learning about leds and drivers. I kinda needed a refresher on electrical theory anyway. I diag and fix circuits almost everyday (mechanic by trade) I just don't design new ones. So learning this stuff is bringing back some old memories.

Didn't even get the frame built last night. Figured I'd get the discussion going before I really needed the info just didn't realize I was going to drag my feet. Lol. Hopefully tonight will go better.

I did get ahold of the seller and am waiting for an email. My guess is to turn volts down on driver. Probably the only one that large that was available at the time. I'll be curious how his wiring compares to the mess I came up with last night. Lol
So glad u got back 😁
I think everyone is so eager to help it can get confusing and overwhelming. On both sides lol