Just a couple of sips

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Hey @Tvanmunhen , I have been reading up on spirulina and it’s something I would like to add to my garden , I can’t seem to find any info on
Amounts , how often , whether top dress or is it water soluble? I have seen you mention it a few times any info would be grateful received, thank you 🙏
In my opinion introduce it early in the seedling process up to flower then stop. Too much can cause fox tails and prolonged flowers.I use it on seedlings and the occasional foliage spray like right before flipping or deficiencies.

I've used up to a tablespoon per gallon as a foliage spray. I think this is the fastest and most effective method for spirulina powder. I also hand water a teaspoon per 2 liter of water for seedlings maybe once a week.

It works as top dressing. I found it hardens up and like worm castings when dried and can take time to break down. For me a tablespoon added to dry amendments in 5 gallons of soil once every 2 weeks worked ok.

I'm still tinkering around trying to figure out the best way to incorporate it in my garden. A little goes a long ways.

I'm interested in seeing how you Incorporated in your garden. It will be nice to hear your observations after using it.

Leeski

Super Active Member
In my opinion introduce it early in the seedling process up to flower then stop. Too much can cause fox tails and prolonged flowers.I use it on seedlings and the occasional foliage spray like right before flipping or deficiencies.

I've used up to a tablespoon per gallon as a foliage spray. I think this is the fastest and most effective method for spirulina powder. I also hand water a teaspoon per 2 liter of water for seedlings maybe once a week.

It works as top dressing. I found it hardens up and like worm castings when dried and can take time to break down. For me a tablespoon added to dry amendments in 5 gallons of soil once every 2 weeks worked ok.

I'm still tinkering around trying to figure out the best way to incorporate it in my garden. A little goes a long ways.

I'm interested in seeing how you Incorporated in your garden. It will be nice to hear your observations after using it.
Thank you kind sir , have ordered some and will incorporate into my garden , it’s the macronutrients that interest me . Thanks man have a good evening ….

Leeski

Super Active Member
late flower is where my problems were at, fresh soil and started early with fpj .labs currently working on thissel fpj, will change thing up as the seasons change.
Hi man , yh last run started to see signs of hunger last 2wks of flower , this run wk4 loss of colour , i top dressed and also gave them a little fish mix and seaweed through the reservoir quick fix while top dress kicks in hopefully , to be honest I think I have gotten a little lazy , I use to make fpj and knf inputs and enjoyed making them , was thinking about that yesterday, will grab some comfrey and dandelions and make some fpj me thinks , thissel fpj sounds killer, I did eyeball some mares tail not to far from me so might grab some of that also for fpj , be interested to hear how your thissel fpj goes …

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Hi man , yh last run started to see signs of hunger last 2wks of flower , this run wk4 loss of colour , i top dressed and also gave them a little fish mix and seaweed through the reservoir quick fix while top dress kicks in hopefully , to be honest I think I have gotten a little lazy , I use to make fpj and knf inputs and enjoyed making them , was thinking about that yesterday, will grab some comfrey and dandelions and make some fpj me thinks , thissel fpj sounds killer, I did eyeball some mares tail not to far from me so might grab some of that also for fpj , be interested to hear how your thissel fpj goes …
@Leeski i will keep you up to date as things mature, i am only useing the flowers to make the fpj, season is short on the flower part, for me i like to use the young flowers ,before they bloom.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
where did you get those totes?