Just a couple of sips

Leeski

Super Active Member
@Tvanmunhen , cheers man! I’m good for vertical real estate this run , been nice being able to look down at the canopy for a change hehe , Yh stretch is slowing down for sure, so fingers crossed for a hassle free rest of a run …..

ICGA

I don't buy that. I think that we just didn't understand it until then. Every gastroenterologist I've seen (and it's been quite a few) has told me that humans are not built to consume lactose and we are really only supposed to drink human milk for the first few years of our lives. People who actually have no issues with lactose are in the minority, believe it or not. The key to combating lactose intolerance isn't in a pill, even though lactaid pills do exist...the key is just avoiding lactose.
If your ancestors had cows for thousands of years then there is no reason you should have issues producing enough lactase to digest lactose. However if your ancestors predominantly did not have access to milk then there is no reason your DNA would know to produce lactase. That's why they sell lactase pills for people who are lactose intolerant.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
If your ancestors had cows for thousands of years then there is no reason you should have issues producing enough lactase to digest lactose. However if your ancestors predominantly did not have access to milk then there is no reason your DNA would know to produce lactase. That's why they sell lactase pills for people who are lactose intolerant.
This seems to be the key. I just looked up lactose tolerance persistence in Maasai Africans and it seems they too have been generically selected to retain the ability to digest milk sugar into adulthood. (I suspect that "natural selection" process was pretty brutal; those who couldn't drink milk died a painful death)

Other populations have not.

I'm not sure that leads to any hard and fast conclusions about what people in general are "supposed to" eat. I'm fact, I think it points in the opposite direction; people should eat what works well for them and their body type. If that includes lots of cheese, milk and yogurt like me, fine! If lactose intolerance is an issue then probably not. Calcium is readily available in dark green leafy vegetables and protein is available elsewhere as well.

Anyway... Back to the show!

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Day 21ish of 12/12 , they are hungry and thirsty plants both are doing about 7ltrs of aqua daily , they also got a compost tea and top dressed, View attachment 129422View attachment 129423View attachment 129424View attachment 129425View attachment 129426
These are amazing looking plants!

I tried to do a SIPS system using my old 27 gallon tuffboxes, bus tubs and my old 8" netpot bucket lids and it was not successful. I'm not sure what I did wrong; I think a large part of it was breaking the rule of "no nutes in the water in SIPS." I ran full hydroponics and that plus some structural issues with how I built my SIPS system probably spelled failure.

I didn't see where you mentioned any results in terms of weight from your previous runs? Did you weigh them?

Leeski

Super Active Member
Cheers @ttystikk , Yh I’m enjoying sips atm was a toss up between sips and blumat system , I do a lot of fishing and wanted something I could happily leave to look after it’s self for a good few days. Weight wise I’m pulling about 10-12 ounces a plant from a 4x3 last two runs , I’m wanting to get a larger tent as I struggle with space , just waiting for green flag from my fun protection officer (wife) , anyhow thanks for stopping by ☮

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Cheers @ttystikk , Yh I’m enjoying sips atm was a toss up between sips and blumat system , I do a lot of fishing and wanted something I could happily leave to look after it’s self for a good few days. Weight wise I’m pulling about 10-12 ounces a plant from a 4x3 last two runs , I’m wanting to get a larger tent as I struggle with space , just waiting for green flag from my fun protection officer (wife) , anyhow thanks for stopping by ☮
Does that harvest cover your needs? We all want more space- I've never heard a grower complain about having too much room! Lol

I see you're running 2 LED lights. I may have missed you talking about what they are and how many Watts?

I think your grow is a ton of fun! Well done all round!

Leeski

Super Active Member
Does that harvest cover your needs? We all want more space- I've never heard a grower complain about having too much room! Lol

I see you're running 2 LED lights. I may have missed you talking about what they are and how many Watts?

I think your grow is a ton of fun! Well done all round!
Thank you , I just grow for myself and sort my friends out as and when, but Yh would love to go up to an 8x4 with 3 sips , light wise I’m running two 200w Lumateks as it stands …