Jacks 321

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
@NoWaistedSpace, what is the emerson effect?more deep red?
When you increase certain nm wavelengths, the plant's photosynthesis gets better.
Everyone was experimenting with this in the beginning of the COB era by adding these certain wavelengths. You know,
the 660's reds and 730's (far red) and we worked with the UV's too.
I fried my flowers the first time I used a Pure UV fixture. lol
I learned real quick about 310-380nm intensity.
It was my fault, I never read the instructions on the back of the box.
I had the right light just didn't use it the right way.
Lesson learned. lol
But yea, there are benefits to adding these wavelengths creating that "Emerson Effect."
But only in the right ratios and at the right times.
It gets complicated,

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
When you increase certain nm wavelengths, the plant's photosynthesis gets better.
Everyone was experimenting with this in the beginning of the COB era by adding these certain wavelengths. You know,
the 660's reds and 730's (far red) and we worked with the UV's too.
I fried my flowers the first time I used a Pure UV fixture. lol
I learned real quick about 310-380nm intensity.
It was my fault, I never read the instructions on the back of the box.
I had the right light just didn't use it the right way.
Lesson learned. lol
But yea, there are benefits to adding these wavelengths creating that "Emerson Effect."
But only in the right ratios and at the right times.
It gets complicated,
i figured there was more than 1 catch!i know i person was running the reds 15 min. before and after lights on/off

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
There's lots of ideas people have been working on since LEDs became
well... ah.. you know, "the thing". There's a lot to learn by testing out these theories
I can stick some light pics over on my project thread if you want.
project thread is where?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I use Jacks 123 exclusively, I add some flower girl when I flip..........in Pro mix. All I use. Some things here might not apply to water growers but take what you can from it.

I make a concentrate in a 3 gallon based on exact ratio of 3-2-1
Part A ='s 180 g's
Epsom ='s 60 g's
Part B ='s 120 g's
I have a 3 gallon container with a sealing cap.......that's the concentrate. I put 8 pieces of 3/4 gravel in the container too. For mixing, just shake......then from that container I add a cup or so of concentrate to 3 gallons water and that is plant food.

I use a clear plastic container as a measure. I initially weighed out the 321 and poured each ingredient into the container......then marked it's height with a sharpie.....for all 3 individual ingredients. That way, you just scoop it out and check the height....you're good, no need to weigh it out any more.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I run far red 15minutes prior and 15 minutes after lights out. I run deep red for the entire 12 with a 15 minute wake up. Why? So I can get an extra hour of lights on per day increasing my overall d.l.i. and bigger yields
They say it works. Been meaning to do a run using 730's,
15mins before lights out till 15mins after lights out to put them to sleep.

I wonder if it's a "deeper" type of sleep for them?
How does it affect metabolism?
Is there certain nutrients to add for a specific reason or side affect?

Photo reds and Far reds research should have its own thread.
It's an important topic for anyone interested in building lights and/or growing on a higher level.

I actually have all the diodes and a 4 channel controller to add 660's, 730nm and UVA/UVB to any one of my builds.
All my lights are interchangeable.
I made one light that could run at 1800watts and will fit in a 3 x 4' tent. lol
Tiny bit of "overkill", but what the hell, weed can take it. lol

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I started using Jacks a couple months ago, and I really like it. Everything looks pretty much the same but yields are a little heavier than they used to be. And it’s a LOT cheaper than what I was using (Sensi Bloom).
Not crazy about it in veg to be honest. Plants don't seem as full or green hard to describe. Flower seems.to be OK. I'm about to.fire up a knarly rdwc system so.well.see

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Mixed up some concentrated stock solutions. 300ml of water to 100 66 and 33 grams. I can add equal amounts of each to keep in the 3-2-1 ratio. I like it. Part A desolved better than I expected. I was weighing each time. Feeding around 500ppm in veg at the moment.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Mixed up some concentrated stock solutions. 300ml of water to 100 66 and 33 grams. I can add equal amounts of each to keep in the 3-2-1 ratio. I like it. Part A desolved better than I expected. I was weighing each time. Feeding around 500ppm in veg at the moment.
I like my Miracle Grow.
Just 1 scoop per gal, then sit back and watch them grow. lol
Even adds a pretty "blue hue" on the leaves of certain genetics.
Best of all, it cost me less than 20 bucks to veg all my plants for 3 or 4 years.