It's Nature's Way

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
And now for the less pleasant side of gardening . I found these little alien looking things wriggling around on my native Eucalyptus trees around my yard . No idea what they are ? They were freaking me out just watching them . 321EA445-AA73-482C-A0A6-76630AEF4D18.jpeg

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
So these are the last pictures before we dug up the lilies and i just abandoned everything on the back deck. I've got Asiatic lilies a few times over. One of them I planted last year and it didn't bloom. This year it is 4 feet tall. Then I've got tiger lilies, stargazers, Casablanca, red president, and a mixed bag. If you can't tell, i love lilies 😁. 20200430_174038.jpg20200430_174031.jpg20200430_174100.jpg20200430_174006.jpg20200501_080325.jpg

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Opened my delivery to find mould on my bulbs. Not impressed at all. Contacted the supplier and sent pics. Reply was it’s the first time that’s happened (yeah right) and it’s not a big issue , just clean the bulb before planting. OK bulbs in the ground let’s see what happens ?4E933AB4-7646-40D7-88ED-0C7B998ABED5.jpeg3B22779C-E5E5-4D4B-968D-232B347C3327.jpeg

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Opened my delivery to find mould on my bulbs. Not impressed at all. Contacted the supplier and sent pics. Reply was it’s the first time that’s happened (yeah right) and it’s not a big issue , just clean the bulb before planting. OK bulbs in the ground let’s see what happens ?View attachment 58233View attachment 58234
Who did you order through? I can't imagine molded bulbs are going to be successful, at least this year. Maybe separate the good from the other and plant them. See which come up?

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Who did you order through? I can't imagine molded bulbs are going to be successful, at least this year. Maybe separate the good from the other and plant them. See which come up?
I ordered through an intestate supplier called Powerplanter who’s been good in the past but I was sceptical when they told me my mouldy bulbs were a first time occurrence. I did seperate them and washed the mould off and did a little research on the affects of mould on bulbs, apparently they are tolerant of it to a degree so I’ll find out in a couple months when they should pop . They’re Tulips planted in pots in layers ( the lasagna method) . I’m in the Southern Hemisphere so it’s not spring time until September.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
20200517_122502.jpg
First lily of the season 😁. So since I've recently moved we had to dig my favorite flowers up during the move. We hadn't thought about it so we didn't bring any mycos to help with the transplant. I didn't think they would bloom due to the stress and yet here are my lilies, blooming. I'm so excited. Me and my mister are looking at buying a house this year and my one request is just a small patch of dirt for my lilies. I love digging in the soil.

D

Deleted member 60

On the brink here. Tempting to put things out but we can...and do..still get frost at this time of year so it's tough to hold off. Mom usually gives us one last WHAP first week of June. The season here is already damn short so it's a timing and hoping kinda thing. This year it's been really warm overall. Snow is melting early and the creek is starting to get real noisy. We need rain........

Onions have been out a good month. Had a few cloves of garlic overwinter. Never tried it before here. Definitely the way to go.
001.JPG

Rows in wait.. the 2 on the right are planted with beets and they are starting to come up. Will plant some green beans when we can....maybe some more beets.
002.JPG
El dome

003.JPG
004.JPG
My lone Williamsii. Need to find more...or some seeds....
005.JPG
009.JPG

Have a few ganja starts gearing up as well. Will start an outdoor thread when those hit the big cans in a few weeks.....