Issues , we all got em

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have had an observation related to temperature and dehueys

Currently using cobs boards and a CMH but it will be wall to wall cobs and boards...when that happens 78F is my sweet spot. At that exact temp or lower the dehuey fills every 3 days (1.5 gallons)

at 82F and up it fills the res in 24 hours or less

That is set at 40% RH (keeps bloom at 50%).

I will run my lights softer to keep the plants happier and i think it will result in more production.

LordKoos

My issue in my recent grow which was harvested last month was fungus gnats, I'd always had a few around but never enough to be a real problem. This time I added too much coco to the soil mix and it stayed too wet, even when the plants were 4 ft tall it would take a long time for the pots to dry and the gnats turned into a major issue, with some of the more susceptible plants being affected. I still got a decent harvest but the yield could have been better. I was watering as per usual which turned out to be too often. Live and learn. Second grow is in veg now and I did a much better soil mix so they are draining and the pots are drying up faster.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
My issue in my recent grow which was harvested last month was fungus gnats, I'd always had a few around but never enough to be a real problem. This time I added too much coco to the soil mix and it stayed too wet, even when the plants were 4 ft tall it would take a long time for the pots to dry and the gnats turned into a major issue, with some of the more susceptible plants being affected. I still got a decent harvest but the yield could have been better. I was watering as per usual which turned out to be too often. Live and learn. Second grow is in veg now and I did a much better soil mix so they are draining and the pots are drying up faster.
i just got done battling them. little bastards. they started in my seedling tent. it was to wet under the humidity dome and they spread around the grow room from there. i let my pots dry for an extra day or 2 then after 2 applications of diatomicous earth all i had left was a few flyers. took those out with sticky traps

still id rather have fungus gnats then the plague that is spider mites. spider mites can be so devastating and there really isnt a 1 use/ kill all solution. Some of the miteacides are serious money and ive heard reports some dont work after you get yourself a big infestation.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
After an opinion . This Holy Grail DNA genetics is looking a bit retarded . Looks like maybe Nitrogen Toxicity or that’s my guess . The other plants in the same organic soil mix seem fine ? A genetic flaw ? View attachment 67182
So after taking forum advice from this joint , letting her dry out applying a light feed and foliar spraying with trace element chelates she’s making a comeback after nearly being terminated . Thanks brothers B1710B13-3264-4A4D-970B-B53D93848D41.jpeg

Stoned Cold Bulldog

many have found out the hard way about using coco and soil mixed. they are sorta antithetical to a point. it can be done but why would you wamt to make more headaches instead of keeping it simple

. if u want soil then use standard soil amendments or grow them in a pro mix type soiless like the BX. adjust with simple chunky perlite/regular but u don't have too. soil + same chunky perlite and you;re golden.

coco use by itself or with reg. perlite.chunky perlte. depends on the type of coco you are running and how you are watering = by hand/drip set up. also coco can be adjusted using various coco sizes/grades.

it all reminds me of folks who wanted to run hempy pots but chose to use all sorts of different mediums. most of the, found out all they did was have a funky grow because they complicated something designed for simplicity. so many growers for whatever reason always seem to have a bright idea that's not too bright or antothetical to what their goals are. idk why but many growers are fickle creatures that chase a certain outcome instead of doing what is tried and true with proven results. ijs

i have coco in the basement waiting it's turn. but i've been using soil = epsoma and bio bizz light thus far on my return to growing no issues with either. mind you i always stuck with pro-mix bx in the past. mainly so i wouldn't meed to water as much inside and bulk cost was good for a bale.

simple feediing be it organics/chemical should match you intended outcome and grow situation... adding a bunch of shit shouldn't be done until you understand the basics and even then most of that shit is a waste of cash. that's already been proven by legit growers who have dialed in their strains and their results are stellar.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
many have found out the hard way about using coco and soil mixed. they are sorta antithetical to a point. it can be done but why would you wamt to make more headaches instead of keeping it simple

. if u want soil then use standard soil amendments or grow them in a pro mix type soiless like the BX. adjust with simple chunky perlite/regular but u don't have too. soil + same chunky perlite and you;re golden.

coco use by itself or with reg. perlite.chunky perlte. depends on the type of coco you are running and how you are watering = by hand/drip set up. also coco can be adjusted using various coco sizes/grades.

it all reminds me of folks who wanted to run hempy pots but chose to use all sorts of different mediums. most of the, found out all they did was have a funky grow because they complicated something designed for simplicity. so many growers for whatever reason always seem to have a bright idea that's not too bright or antothetical to what their goals are. idk why but many growers are fickle creatures that chase a certain outcome instead of doing what is tried and true with proven results. ijs

i have coco in the basement waiting it's turn. but i've been using soil = epsoma and bio bizz light thus far on my return to growing no issues with either. mind you i always stuck with pro-mix bx in the past. mainly so i wouldn't meed to water as much inside and bulk cost was good for a bale.

simple feediing be it organics/chemical should match you intended outcome and grow situation... adding a bunch of shit shouldn't be done until you understand the basics and even then most of that shit is a waste of cash. that's already been proven by legit growers who have dialed in their strains and their results are stellar.
I mix whatever I have in a big twenty gal tote. either promix or Coco w some perlite. Luckily I've never had any issues . I do try to shoot for half and half but it's usually whatever is left 😁