Is this a cal mag issue?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Do you filter the water? Chlorine in rural and Chloramine in city water. If it's Chloramine, need a special filter for that. Let water set for 24 hrs for Chlorine, or, a "carbon filter" (not a Brita filter) along with a "sediment" filter.
Just throwing this out there. Push your PH up a tiny bit. You are on the edge of Phosphorous absorption. 6.2 might be better.
Light could be the issue also.
You do have new roots growing.
I'm not a "hydro" grower, so I could be way off.

inthetrees

I wouldn't worry about the chlorine in the tap water as its a good thing in hydro so long as bene's aren't being used. You've got a good start with the RO water so just make sure your supplementing calmag @ 100-150 ppm.

Personally I wouldn't remove any plant from a system unless its got root rot or is dead. I excel at fucking plants up yet they can bounce back quite fast in hydro. Since all the roots are white I'd say your fine, but you should know what temp your water is getting to. That being said, it would be a good idea to be using a sterilizer to prevent any bacteria growth and have a train wreck half way through flower. Quite a few of us are running the DIY UC Roots and its awesome. The recipe is on here.

Document your ph, ppms, and water level each day. You'll need to know those 3 things in order to interpret whats going on in the system, and when to feed more/less, etc.. There's also an awesome troubleshooting chart on here once you have that info that you can reference if/when you hit the "fml" point(s) in your grow. Lastly the data will show how long your staying in certain pH ranges. I personally set my systems @ 5.6 and within 48 - 72 hours they are at 6.1. I let them ride there a day and then reset back to 5.6. I prefer a drift over static pH values. Even if i hit the balance point of water/nutrient consumption and the pH stabilizes, I won't let it sit in one place for too long.

Best of luck homie

-itt

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I wouldn't worry about the chlorine in the tap water as its a good thing in hydro so long as bene's aren't being used. You've got a good start with the RO water so just make sure your supplementing calmag @ 100-150 ppm.

Personally I wouldn't remove any plant from a system unless its got root rot or is dead. I excel at fucking plants up yet they can bounce back quite fast in hydro. Since all the roots are white I'd say your fine, but you should know what temp your water is getting to. That being said, it would be a good idea to be using a sterilizer to prevent any bacteria growth and have a train wreck half way through flower. Quite a few of us are running the DIY UC Roots and its awesome. The recipe is on here.

Document your ph, ppms, and water level each day. You'll need to know those 3 things in order to interpret whats going on in the system, and when to feed more/less, etc.. There's also an awesome troubleshooting chart on here once you have that info that you can reference if/when you hit the "fml" point(s) in your grow. Lastly the data will show how long your staying in certain pH ranges. I personally set my systems @ 5.6 and within 48 - 72 hours they are at 6.1. I let them ride there a day and then reset back to 5.6. I prefer a drift over static pH values. Even if i hit the balance point of water/nutrient consumption and the pH stabilizes, I won't let it sit in one place for too long.

Best of luck homie

-itt
Or buy dirt LOL

idolized

Really Active Member

Best of luck homie

-itt
Thanks for all the info! I’ve been using hydrogaurd but I’ll look into the UC roots. I’ll start documenting and keeping logs, thanks again for all the help!

idolized

Really Active Member
The ic roots is 49 $ per gallon !!! You can make 72 gallons your self for 53$
I bought a gallon of pool shock (12.5% sodium hypochlorite, and then using 7ml in a gallon of water and follow the feeding chart for UC roots. Side note, I got it at my local pool store for $6 for a gallon) and will be using that when my hydro guard runs out.

Everyone is super helpful here and I really appreciate it. I’ve always loved to grow fruits and veggies and have only been growing cannabis for 2 yrs. Really appreciate everyone here.