Introduced some kind of disease in my rdwc

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
The UV bulb is in a tube and the water goes through the tube. And in the process its supposed to kill off any type of bacteria and virus. I have the pic up of it on i think page 2.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Well my prob has never gone away. Now have ordered and supposed to be in today some Physan 20. Thinking maybe i have brown algae and thats why nothing seems to phase it. I stopped adding uc roots and then tried beneficials. In just 3 days the new growth of roots were already brown and slime setting in. Airlines were slimy, roots etc. On day 5 i lost some plants. So starting over again.

Im thinking when i tried using mega nutrients the ph would go crazy and id have slime in the buckets and on roots. That mega has some type of sugars in it and the hydro herpes love that stuff and go crazy.

Drkillawatt

Kill a "watt"
Looks like you got root rot. I would empty rez check all tubing and the pumps an shit and start over with new water or throw em in soil to finish ive had to do that before too. I've had good luck with emerald harvest nutes in hydro and shitty experience fox farm nutes in hydro. But i dunno man shit sucks but you should be able wash em off really good in shower or bathtub and use hydrogen peroxide or some like aqua clean or something 🤔 maybe.....

Clean the shit outa everything as uncle H says sterilization is big too like needs to be sterile af!

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Looks like you got root rot. I would empty rez check all tubing and the pumps an shit and start over with new water or throw em in soil to finish ive had to do that before too. I've had good luck with emerald harvest nutes in hydro and shitty experience fox farm nutes in hydro. But i dunno man shit sucks but you should be able wash em off really good in shower or bathtub and use hydrogen peroxide or some like aqua clean or something 🤔 maybe.....

Clean the shit outa everything as uncle H says sterilization is big too like needs to be sterile af!

Ya ive been battling thus stuff since late feb and have replaced everything. Even new air pumps besides all the hoses and lines. New buckets etc.

Everything that normally would work does not. Their is a thread on another forum where people have battled this for years and it not go away. The spores get into the air and you have it from then on. Its a battle not really just clean it and its gone.

You can even get it growing in soil, no style of growing seems to slow it down once u get it.

Drkillawatt

Kill a "watt"
Ya ive been battling thus stuff since late feb and have replaced everything. Even new air pumps besides all the hoses and lines. New buckets etc.

Everything that normally would work does not. Their is a thread on another forum where people have battled this for years and it not go away. The spores get into the air and you have it from then on. Its a battle not really just clean it and its gone.

You can even get it growing in soil, no style of growing seems to slow it down once u get it.
That sucks man! Sorry to hear that brother. those battles take the jam outa my fuckin jelly doughnuts lmao that type of shit is exactly why I want back to soil/coco medium. If I had enough money I'd probably buy a new setup an go again cuz i love how fast they grow when shits going good

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

Damn man! Sorry about all your troubles. I had trouble a couple years back. Had to throw everything out and started all over. I had "broad mites".

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I got the Physan 20 in and circulated it in my water for 24 hrs and then flushed. I had one plant that was not looking to hot. I also let it circulate in my flower system to kill any hydro herpes.

After flush i added 5 ml per gal of uc roots to the water and now waiting on fresh roots to shoot out.

Right now they are are black and brown with some slime on em.

My airlines still have some slime on em. So not sure if the physan 20 did its job or not. Time will tell.

I did mix up a solution in a sprayer and sprayed the walls, ceiling, media thats in my system now, light fixtures, dehumidifiers etc.

I got a 30 gal tote and mixed up a solution with physan 20 and around a half gal of bleach and dumped all my hydroton in it that i wasnt using yet. Hope it kills any funk that could be on it. I let it sit for 2 days. I also did another one for the net baskets and let them soak. Today i gotta switch them out and replace them with more baskets.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
As u can see this is what happens to the roots. Bottom pic u can see some bright white shoots starting to poke out the basket.

Roots died in a matter of days when i tried using a combo of beneficials.

Id cut those roots off now but they are limping plants along right now. I cut them off a plant last week and the shock killed it. It was my last sundae driver.20200901_141734.jpg20200901_141745.jpg

I AM

I use to get that slime root when I ran clay pebbles.

-Light leaks in the hempy bucket...from pebble gaps.
-Bucket change neglect or air pump failure.
-Micro life that started in a bad germination.
-& once Stole a branch of peppermint from walmart outdoor plant.
I remember those...

The slime will take MOST of the root hairs & strip them clean off the root line. Slop.

I use to power wash the roots in the bathtub on full blast. R/O water + clearex + tsp H2O2. For a few hours. Then bucket change.

CalMag & R/O to test for recovery...if not...
Then clone harvest the entire tree.

Some trees came back.
Walmart clone destroyed my turbo kloner.
Bleach/anti bact. Soap for days...
The neoprene was event infected.
Thou shall not steal'eth the sweet peppermint branch from wally world.:ROFLMAO: