I Grow Things

Faneto

I recently had a major infestation of spider mites that damn near killed an entire crop AND an entire room of mothers. I must say, I don't wish that bad juju on my worst of enemies. At least the problem is addressed and I know better to add a clone from a unknown source to an already established grow room.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Nice cult then so far. I tried a few other forums prior to here but found out they were more like Nazis.
Let me guess…rollitup? We’re a pretty laid back group. The only stuff that will get you yelled at here is being a pain in the ass troll to other members or getting too political and stirring up drama. We used to have a politics section but it was removed because the arguments from it started affecting the rest of the forum.

Romeo Scragg

I recently had a major infestation of spider mites that damn near killed an entire crop AND an entire room of mothers. I must say, I don't wish that bad juju on my worst of enemies. At least the problem is addressed and I know better to add a clone from a unknown source to an already established grow room.
Me too 😥 worst I can remember. I managed to get ahead of them to the point that I didn't lose any plants but they just won't stay dead this year.

Faneto

Let me guess…rollitup? We’re a pretty laid back group. The only stuff that will get you yelled at here is being a pain in the ass troll to other members or getting too political and stirring up drama. We used to have a politics section but it was removed because the arguments from it started affecting the rest of the forum.
RollitUp was one of them but I also tried ThcFarmer and a few others too. I don't know, just seemed like it was 1 way or the highway. No one really helps when you need it and god forbid you have a question. Seems like children and trolls. It's amazing what results you find with a simple pot forums in google lol.

Faneto

Me too 😥 worst I can remember. I managed to get ahead of them to the point that I didn't lose any plants but they just won't stay dead this year.
I got them for the first time in nearly a decade. Besides fungus gnats a hundred harvests ago (when I wasn't as experienced as I am now) I never really needed to worry about pests. Then, I started shipping in some breeder cuts from various places. I have an idea where they came from but a bunch of pissing and moaning in emails will accomplish nothing. At least I "Know" now though lol. I could have saved them but I was so frustrated, I scrapped everything, cleaned, waited a few weeks and cleaned a million more times in between. A simple mistake smh but at least I was able to recoupe some mothers as well.

D

Deleted member 2835

I could think of a few growers that I wish nothing but spidermites, powdery mildew, root rot, and bud rot on..fuck em lol

Faneto

I could think of a few growers that I wish nothing but spidermites, powdery mildew, root rot, and bud rot on..fuck em lol
I try to put positive energy out in the world anymore. I get what you are saying totally and used to be like that at one time too. Now, I find it drains me too much to worry about the bads out there anymore. Unless it affects my family directly, that is an entire different story.

Faneto

I feel somewhat helpless not being able to upload pictures at the moment. I can, however, there's just not much to see as of yet. This morning, had taken the seedlings that I sprouted in rockwool and moved them over to their homes. As of now, the King Bling will be the only plants I grow hydroponically and the rest will go in the coco/soil mix. If anyone is wondering, I use GH's Flora series for hydroponics and I use Fox Farms nutrients for the soil plants. In a few days, I will start uploading pictures of them so I can document the week by week stages unless something happens in-between the uploads.

I have the hydroponic buckets in my 2x4 tent and the rest are all in my 4x4 at the moment. By next week I should start moving them over to one gallon pots and start the topping and training on them. I am looking for specific phenotypes so this grow is not about harvest weights really. I will flip all the plants at 8 weeks of age since breaking ground. On my hydro buckets, I would normally use scrog nets but this time around I will be bracing bamboo sticks around the outside of the buckets. Kind of like a tomato cage as I would use wooly string to wrap around the sticks for support. This is so I can move them if needed. I recently grabbed smally dollies for each one of my plants so they can be moved easier.

Faneto

King Bling (1 of 3) by In House Genetics. Not much to look at but she will one day. I have 2 others now in my 2ft x 4ft tent. This one is currently in a 4ft x 4ft tent. In about a week or 2 ( depends on her size ), I will be adding the bamboo sticks so I can start training. Just for the journal, I do not and have not ran a chiller on any hydroponic grows of mine. I did have to add a humidifier as my relative humidity was a little low for my liking. Temps currently average 80F-85F with 60-65% humidity. I do only run it during lights on as I tend to spike when my lights go off.

281898620_541596930963353_2531103568511554207_n.jpg
287214976_325034363166869_6935049914102087452_n.jpg

Faneto

Does anyone have any experience with cutting roots during a grow? I have been looking in to ( but can't find solid information ) on cutting the roots of a plant (hydroponics) like 2 weeks prior going to flower?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
RollitUp was one of them but I also tried ThcFarmer and a few others too. I don't know, just seemed like it was 1 way or the highway. No one really helps when you need it and god forbid you have a question. Seems like children and trolls. It's amazing what results you find with a simple pot forums in google lol.
If you got questions, don't hesitate to ask, at least one of the members will be able to help you. And if not, it will get researched till it has been answered. New "talent" is always welcome here.
We got growers here that's been growing for a 1/2 a century or more.
Plus, very talented younger members bringing it to the table.
Those other forums are a joke.
Welcome to our "cult". lol