I Grow Things

Faneto

If you got questions, don't hesitate to ask, at least one of the members will be able to help you. And if not, it will get researched till it has been answered. New "talent" is always welcome here.
We got growers here that's been growing for a 1/2 a century or more.
Plus, very talented younger members bringing it to the table.
Those other forums are a joke.
Welcome to our "cult". lol
I have quite some time growing myself. I just want to know the why is works as I already know how it works. I appreciate the welcome. This forum is a million times better than the other sites I was on. One wasn't so bad but I didn't get the response on various questions I have asked. I felt like the outsider because I was new I guess. Much different than here and everyone has been really nice and helpful when needed so far.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have quite some time growing myself. I just want to know the why is works as I already know how it works.
With most plants, new roots means new shoots. As above so below... or vice versa. I can see it spurring new growth, and have heard it in conjunction with keping long term moms. I have just never heard of it as a regular practice for growing flowers. That's what I meant by if you aren't finding it there's probably a reason.

Faneto

With most plants, new roots means new shoots. As above so below... or vice versa. I can see it spurring new growth, and have heard it in conjunction with keping long term moms. I have just never heard of it as a regular practice for growing flowers. That's what I meant by if you aren't finding it there's probably a reason.
That's what I wanted to know basically. I wanted to see what kind of results, were they worth it and so on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's what I wanted to know basically. I wanted to see what kind of results, were they worth it and so on.
What most of us do on here is take something like that and run with it then share the results. If it's something you are interested in do a control plant and a trimmed one. No idea what will happen. I grow in soil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not trying to sound snooty or anything. I think once most of us have a comfortable stash then playing around with something we find interesting is just natural. Lots turn to making seeds for fun or profit, but someof us just keep growing, and always trying new stuff

Faneto

Not trying to sound snooty or anything. I think once most of us have a comfortable stash then playing around with something we find interesting is just natural. Lots turn to making seeds for fun or profit, but someof us just keep growing, and always trying new stuff
All good my friend. I was just curious if anyone had any experience or seen anything along the lines. I have seen it done before but it wasn't ran with another cut to see if the results were worse/better.

Does anyone have any experience with cutting roots during a grow? I have been looking in to ( but can't find solid information ) on cutting the roots of a plant (hydroponics) like 2 weeks prior going to flower?
I never thought to do anything to the roots(Luv me sum Root Booty! :devilish: ) but found your question very intriguing because I to grow in dwc. I asked interwebz jesus "when to prune cannabis roots in hydro" and found a very cool podcast on this subject(If you value Guru's opinion that is) TLDW version he says you will be opening up your plant to MANY MANY pathways to get infected when you prune it in hydro. BUT if your nice and sterile then it can be done which will cause secondary and tertiary branching which would in turn grow more plant & root mass as well.
(Obligatory Root Booty shot)
NL1 Root Bootymeat.jpg

Last edited:

Faneto

I just started to soak
I never thought to do anything to the roots(Luv me sum Root Booty! :devilish: ) but found your question very intriguing because I to grow in dwc. I asked interwebz jesus "when to prune cannabis roots in hydro" and found a very cool podcast on this subject(If you value Guru's opinion that is) TLDW version he says you will be opening up your plant to MANY MANY pathways to get infected when you prune it in hydro. BUT if your nice and sterile then it can be done which will cause secondary and tertiary branching which would in turn grow more plant & root mass as well.
View attachment 116137
Thanks, I'll check it out. The real question then becomes, is the pruning even worth it? Possible plant death vs an extra ounce if even that per plant? I have even heard autos do well but in theory, I would assume the auto would do worse since it would use that time to recover instead of producing. Maybe something I will explore later down the line on 1 plant.

Faneto

View attachment 116137
After watching the link provided, as I said above, the risk alone does not sound like it's worth it.

Faneto

6-20-22

So I have room for about 10 more plants. I know by the time I am done separating the sexes I will have culled a few as well. So, this morning, I started to soak 10 new seeds.

5 of Blueberry Buster ( Buster breath x Gasberry x Ghostblood bx ) by FireNewBreed
5 of Triangle Canyon ( Topanga Canyon x TK Bx1 )(Triangle Kush x Triangle Larry OG by the Jungle Boys

D

Deleted member 2835

6-20-22

So I have room for about 10 more plants. I know by the time I am done separating the sexes I will have culled a few as well. So, this morning, I started to soak 10 new seeds.

5 of Blueberry Buster ( Buster breath x Gasberry x Ghostblood bx ) by FireNewBreed
5 of Triangle Canyon ( Topanga Canyon x TK Bx1 )(Triangle Kush x Triangle Larry OG by the Jungle Boys
Where did you score the jungle Boys seeds?

Faneto

This morning I culled a few different seedlings this morning. I am not the type to really play around with finicky plants in veg. Yes, I know some can be real gems but I am looking for strength, not weaknesses. I abused the garden the past few days as some would see it but to be fair, I can go 2-3 days without opening a tent or looking at them. I find when you try to do too much for them, problems begin. I once had extremely bad watering practices. But then again, I once thought "Miracle Grow" was a good set of nutrients to feed to your plants. ( Boy was I wrong ). But that was a time when the internet did not exist. Before I find myself babbling on and creating a novel, I will have some pictures and full updates later today.