Humidity

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Tents are hard to deal with with open lighting. You really need an air cooled light in a tent. A fan to cool the light and another to exhaust the tent on a thermostat controller. Plants transpire alot of moisture so you will be dealing with that. Get a good dehumidifier and an ac and never look back.
I'm running Eb strips so light heat is a non issue. Run mid 70s for heat. It's the moisture. Thanks for the ideas. Reds got me thinking.

A good AC unit will kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak when it comes to cooling and dehumidifying. Any AC unit will only really be useful though if run in a closed room. If you have an ac unit in the room outside of the tent while the tent is exhausting to outside, then you will just be wasting your AC and electricity as the AC unit will never reach its set temp and just continuously run.
You got me thinking Red. I think that is my issue. I'm trying to get rid of humidity. But have to bring humid air in so its counter productive. I don't have too much of a heat issue with EB strips.

So I have a T and an air valve on my outgoing air. I can recirc outgoing air back to the room. Winter I'm opposite dry and cool so I recirc.
I may have to try to recirc and dehumidify or AC. Maybe 80% recirc.
Maybe sealed room and co2? I do make beer and have a couple 20lb bottles
Anyone know what a 4x4 would need/grow? Would a 20lb do it?
Problem is it's an odd year. Normally we are not this wet.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm running Eb strips so light heat is a non issue. Run mid 70s for heat. It's the moisture. Thanks for the ideas. Reds got me thinking.

You got me thinking Red. I think that is my issue. I'm trying to get rid of humidity. But have to bring humid air in so its counter productive. I don't have too much of a heat issue with EB strips.

So I have a T and an air valve on my outgoing air. I can recirc outgoing air back to the room. Winter I'm opposite dry and cool so I recirc.
I may have to try to recirc and dehumidify or AC. Maybe 80% recirc.
Maybe sealed room and co2? I do make beer and have a couple 20lb bottles
Anyone know what a 4x4 would need/grow? Would a 20lb do it?
Problem is it's an odd year. Normally we are not this wet.
Id suggest closing off the exhaust to outside and recirculate it back into the room. Certainly if you arent getting crazy heat from your lights. Let the AC unit outside the tent do what it does. I had a very dialed in room and still found Co2 a total waste of time and $$. I personally wouldnt recommend it.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I have a 2 ton in a 20 x 16 room and the issue your gonna have is lights out the ac wont cycle enough to remove the humidity. This is when people usually are getting bud rot and dont realize it. This is why over sizing an ac is bad. I had to size mine with lights on cause your displacing alot of heat to match the wattage your running. But the ac is only removing humidity when it is cycling. I still had to add a 100 L per day dehumidifier.
Like Red said if you are air conditioning a room there is no need to exhaust out of it. The ac sucks the room air in and cools it.
I disagree about the co2. I'm in a sealed room and plants will deplete the co2 levels in about 30 minutes down to below 100 ppm. Atmospheric is around 400ppm so you have to at least maintain that level or your plants will starve of co2.
If you have air leaks into your room than they will be ok but a truly sealed room your gonna need c02.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
ok everyone my flower space is 7ft by 8ft ceiling is 71/2 ft tall
my humidity is reaching 84 at night with lights off my question is
what would be better to combat humidity I have a a/c I could put in window
or I have a dehumidifier my concern is would a a/c be a over kill
in the day time when lights are on humidity is about 65% to 75%
this years is bad for humidity around these parts thanks in advance for your help
I posted this in wrong place //// any suggestions \\\\\\
I just put them in 12/12

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
ok everyone my flower space is 7ft by 8ft ceiling is 71/2 ft tall
my humidity is reaching 84 at night with lights off my question is
what would be better to combat humidity I have a a/c I could put in window
or I have a dehumidifier my concern is would a a/c be a over kill
in the day time when lights are on humidity is about 65% to 75%
this years is bad for humidity around these parts thanks in advance for your help
I posted this in wrong place //// any suggestions \\\\\\
I just put them in 12/12
If you're not having any issues with heat run the dehumidifier. The a/c isn't going to do anything for you at lights off, when the humidity is at the highest.