Humidity

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
How do you keep your humidity in check?
My 4x4 is running too high. I tried a dehumidifier in the room it is in, it just seems to heat and not lower RH in the tent much. I have a fan pulling on a carbon filter exiting outside on full.
Perhaps an AC would work better? Cooling plus removing water?
Been raining in Alberta a lot so outside RH is high.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
It’s so dry here, I can’t imagine the humidity would be an issue.

What is the RH in your tent?

Have you tried the dehuey in the tent?

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I fight high humidity during summers here.Upsize your humidifier.Or AC. Which ever is most cost effective and efficient.
Good airflow also helps fight off bud rot and helps with humidity.
Defoliation...I know it's a touchy subject for some,helps.
The humidifier or central air and good airflow is working for me...for now.
Venting, should be considered also.Where is the scrubbed air going? If venting into the room like me,with the dehumidifier going,it's going to raise the ambient temp,which for me is fine since I run LEDs.
Only so much control to be had running multiple tents in the same room.An enjoyable battle I partake in every season.

Last edited:

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm in Alberta. Tent is mid to high 60s pretty high light off like 67. Having some bud mold issues. Been raining hear almost every day. I'll check the out side Rh but it's probly 70s. I do dehumidify the building they are in and that air is the makeup. 60% I may have to cover my flood tables better. Did an bunch of defol. Today didn't seem to make much difference.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Gotcha.Yea, my ambient humidity is 65 daily.My the room the tents are in sit at 50-55 with 70 pint deheuyand lotsa fans ,central air set @78 keeps my temps at 80-85 @ lights on.Lights off my Rh stabilizes @52 If I can keep the drain bucket emptied.
Fills up a 5 gal bucket in about 27 hours.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I'm in Alberta. Tent is mid to high 60s pretty high light off like 67. Having some bud mold issues. Been raining hear almost every day. I'll check the out side Rh but it's probly 70s. I do dehumidify the building they are in and that air is the makeup. 60% I may have to cover my flood tables better. Did an bunch of defol. Today didn't seem to make much difference.
Wow, that’s high.

I struggle to keep it above 40.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
How do you keep your humidity in check?
My 4x4 is running too high. I tried a dehumidifier in the room it is in, it just seems to heat and not lower RH in the tent much. I have a fan pulling on a carbon filter exiting outside on full.
Perhaps an AC would work better? Cooling plus removing water?
Been raining in Alberta a lot so outside RH is high.
You need a good dehumidifier. Like around 70 pt or better

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Going to look into that.
Going to eventually ditch the tent and section the room off for flower. More room for equipment such as the dehu.
Tents are hard to deal with with open lighting. You really need an air cooled light in a tent. A fan to cool the light and another to exhaust the tent on a thermostat controller. Plants transpire alot of moisture so you will be dealing with that. Get a good dehumidifier and an ac and never look back.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
mine stays 78 inside tent, when its in the 80s in the room, and 90's outside. My plants are expiring so much, the two gallon smarties are dry within two days. Got an AC, but don't use it when the inside tent temp is ok. I do use my squirrel cage fan as exhaust into scrubber, and have an intake fan that is bout half the cfm of the squirrel cage and a eight incher just inside blowing pot level, aka on the ground. Ive found keepin to the dry side helps, I don't have probs unless Im watering every day. I do feel the moisture when lights on hit and I raise the vent flaps each morning, but nothing like I used to when I worried to much and watered a lil each day, rather than every two days now and really soak em down. I can tell my light isn't big enough to fill the tent with the two gallon smarties so Im goin back to the one gallons after this round.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
A good AC unit will kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak when it comes to cooling and dehumidifying. Any AC unit will only really be useful though if run in a closed room. If you have an ac unit in the room outside of the tent while the tent is exhausting to outside, then you will just be wasting your AC and electricity as the AC unit will never reach its set temp and just continuously run.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
A good AC unit will kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak when it comes to cooling and dehumidifying. Any AC unit will only really be useful though if run in a closed room. If you have an ac unit in the room outside of the tent while the tent is exhausting to outside, then you will just be wasting your AC and electricity as the AC unit will never reach its set temp and just continuously run.
mine exhausts inside the room, now I can't sleep without hearing that fan running, lmfao.