How to Max out a 4x4?

this is a 3.5' x 3.5'
These are done stretching - all different strains, 2 different flip dates. All but the clone shrub in the back corner started out like the one above, and had a total of 4 weeks veg. Roughly 2-3 feet tall, easy to manage and re-arrange based on height. Main thing is that if there are issues, or if I get a herm since I run a lot of testers, culling is not a heartbreak and a do-over. I'll get 4 fat tops per plant, and each limb will dry out to about a half bag on average. Not really a lot per plant (~2oz) but after the first few runs managing the stash starts to be a thing.
View attachment 89338
Man I got to admit that is CLEAN looking 4 X 4 for having so many plants in it. And hell you could totally put a booster chair under any girls that might need a little help. And sheeeeit could you run threw some bean that way. I dunno why but I still wanna throw a scrog on top all of them lol.

LoudCountryBAMF

So heres a 2x4 im bout to flip with only two plants (smdh!) but using for spacing.

I think im going to try ebb and flow on these tubs and use my 1 gal pots with coco. Apparently ebb and flow and coco work well as long as you top water every week to flush salt buold up.
16191358520411694203340129032766.jpg
I guess im just wondering how tall on average your babies get and how many plants to fit in here. Im thinking 4 per tub 🤔

LoudCountryBAMF

Man I got to admit that is CLEAN looking 4 X 4 for having so many plants in it. And hell you could totally put a booster chair under any girls that might need a little help. And sheeeeit could you run threw some bean that way. I dunno why but I still wanna throw a scrog on top all of them lol.
Lol i know, but with that setup, i dont think theres hardly any training to do. Like clip some fans but thats bout it. Its just 4 big colas 👍👍🤟

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lol i know, but with that setup, i dont think theres hardly any training to do. Like clip some fans but thats bout it. Its just 4 big colas 👍👍🤟
I LST them out like anyone else does to get them spread, but once they start stretching I ditch the wire ties for a large bamboo BBQ stick right in the center near the stem. I have a few packs of this stuff cut to about 10-12"
1619138696459.png
I was just rigging plants up tonight. I have evolved to the hurky stuff so I can use it to spread them or pull them in.
The stake doesn't even need to be that tall or beefy. the plant supports itself.
IMG_3725.JPG
Later in flower I can move those up to help support top-weight, and if needed I can re-apply the tie-downs like high-tension wires to keep a fat girl from tipping over.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I prune every fan leaf that points towards the center, until you get to any frosty ones.
I'll prune side ones if they shade shorter top. I leave all the rest, and I don't care if they scrunch together between plants, or if they get those funky wall-fingers that point all directions. They get moved around enough that it doesn't matter about that. My focus is on the center of each plant so all the tops get light.

Anyway, I don't want to dominate the thread, if you have any questions feel free.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
With auto watering/nutrients I rarely go over 3 gal coco, mother plants is the only time I go to 5s, I grow sog in 2 gal usually, I have had some pretty big plants in 3 gal with zero issues, saves on coco and space....

LoudCountryBAMF

I prune every fan leaf that points towards the center, until you get to any frosty ones.
I'll prune side ones if they shade shorter top. I leave all the rest, and I don't care if they scrunch together between plants, or if they get those funky wall-fingers that point all directions. They get moved around enough that it doesn't matter about that. My focus is on the center of each plant so all the tops get light.

Anyway, I don't want to dominate the thread, if you have any questions feel free.
Bro, preach! I'm bout to put 16 damn seeds in TONIGHT! LOL

The only question i have is the height. Im not worried about.my 4x4, but my 2x4 sucks on height

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Take cuts of that gorilla og kush that was my favorite strain out of all of them I actually just smoked a joint of it with the wife
Or from all of them - all you need is a second space that is on 18/6... (it's just a small snowball) 😁

But seriously, setting up for that next grow even if you wait until they are a few weeks into flower when you take the clones is key.
Clones need nothing special for light if you aren't in a hurry, don't need any ventillation until they are rooted.

Even if you have to switch the tent back to 18/6 to get them really going, having the next generation ready to go with your own stock is $$$

BigCanna

Off-the-grid
My idea of maxing out a 4x4 involves a whole lot of horticulture leds, par meter, co2 & temp controller, dwc with chiller or recirculating soilless, scrog nets & proper VPD. Also whole lot of sensors and automation to manage crop steering & inputs..
YMMV but results are insane when properly dialed in