Higher Power Genetics

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
No need to get worked up, my weed has been good enough for the last 3 decades with no gadgets and gizmos. Fuk sakes it's a good thing you guys came along to undo the last half century of fuck ups.
Yeah I’m at peace with it, as long as there’s demand for high potency carts they’ll exist. I am personally a flower person and always will be, I think lots of people feel this way. proper breeding is the key to good weed, you’ve contributed to that and should be really proud.

Here’s a full blown hermaphrodite from seed junky. Cake crasher. Never in my life have I see a hermaphrodite like this girl. Luckily all of the pollen appears to be sterile, we haven’t found any seeds. Even ‘the best’ might not be following proper breeding practices, or these genes might be inevitable. I’m going to keep doing research on hermaphroditism, if any of you have any first hand experience to share it would be really valuable to me.8A90BBD4-55FE-42BA-9E60-9A9E93D76BF4.jpeg

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Yeah I’m at peace with it, as long as there’s demand for high potency carts they’ll exist. I am personally a flower person and always will be, I think lots of people feel this way. proper breeding is the key to good weed, you’ve contributed to that and should be really proud.

Here’s a full blown hermaphrodite from seed junky. Cake crasher. Never in my life have I see a hermaphrodite like this girl. Luckily all of the pollen appears to be sterile, we haven’t found any seeds. Even ‘the best’ might not be following proper breeding practices, or these genes might be inevitable. I’m going to keep doing research on hermaphroditism, if any of you have any first hand experience to share it would be really valuable to me.View attachment 130134
i think my problem with the plant ,i had throw ball was light induced, by me

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin

Here’s a full blown hermaphrodite from seed junky. Cake crasher. Never in my life have I see a hermaphrodite like this girl. Luckily all of the pollen appears to be sterile, we haven’t found any seeds. Even ‘the best’ might not be following proper breeding practices, or these genes might be inevitable. I’m going to keep doing research on hermaphroditism, if any of you have any first hand experience to share it would be really valuable to me.View attachment 130134
That looks crazy

Dalton

Nobody
Those look beautiful! The soap is a really nice strain.
Thanks they are moving along she's a slow grower nice bush structure, lowers have time to reach the upper canopy. Great smoke and the nose just reminds me of clean/fresh with a hint of floral maybe I will have a better review soon.. The Rainbow belts X chemdog I ran of yours fuckin hit the few I have to share and have try loved it.. Thanks again for letting me test your gear

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
D2C8AADA-00B6-4217-B461-093A7C37BE39.jpeg
Apollo 13 x Space Queen F2

34CC9B47-247E-450C-BE02-9D5C2BB6D650.jpeg
^GSC x Durban Poison F2

2724C8F2-3E4C-4170-B18B-D96097A92A9B.jpeg
^^Short’s BlueBerry x Durban Poison F2

2094D555-144F-48BB-A6D5-30F09F01E620.jpeg
Cheetah Piss x Ice Cream Cake F2

10A2AB84-46C1-44D2-A38A-E0E055849FEA.jpeg
Seed Junky 5.19 x IceCreamCake F3^

Reaally excited about Apollo, definitely smells like the skunky, rotten mango terps of old. Many of her fellow females smell like candy but this pheno is special.

I’m missing pics of Ethanol 85 F2, they are surprisingly Low riders in comparison to their stretchy mother. Ice Cream Cake reduced height big time. Plants wreak of kushy gasoline, very impressed with them. Will be interesting to see if maybe chocolate diesel or gorilla glue can add something to the size of the buds after it’s stable in F4.

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That looks crazy
the 1 i had that threw a few balls ,quit after i plucked em off and moved it out , now it is nothing but buds no nanners ,no sacks start flowering like it should after i put it outie .I think the timer thing caused the ball thing with that plant stoner move on my part from the looks of things ,my wife wanted the bcs/fc so i will let it be hers!eye balled every day!

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
the 1 i had that threw a few balls ,quit after i plucked em off and moved it out , now it is nothing but buds no nanners ,no sacks start flowering like it should after i put it outie .I think the timer thing caused the ball thing with that plant stoner move on my part from the looks of things ,my wife wanted the bcs/fc so i will let it be hers!eye balled every day!
Hey glad to hear it! I take all your feedback seriously. Regarding herms, any details you can give me about the grow setup will help. I am fully committed to keeping these traits out my gene pool!

Speaking of the gene pool, I ended up getting Khalifa Kush from Cresco Labs. While they were breeding the strain, I worked at Reassure Labs. After re-testing the strain for months, I found one single bag seed in one of the many ounces we were sent, I finally planted her, and she’s growing in veg right now. Boy does she already stink. Cresco finally settled on the chosen phenotype at 25-28% total thc. It’s earthy, really skunky, and has unique incense smells, just like kush is meant to be, but possibly even better with some major skunk added in.76D22D05-E37B-4205-8942-340B572FCECC.jpeg

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
View attachment 130262
Apollo 13 x Space Queen F2

View attachment 130260
^GSC x Durban Poison F2

View attachment 130261
^^Short’s BlueBerry x Durban Poison F2

View attachment 130259
Cheetah Piss x Ice Cream Cake F2

View attachment 130263
Seed Junky 5.19 x IceCreamCake F3^

Reaally excited about Apollo, definitely smells like the skunky, rotten mango terps of old. Many of her fellow females smell like candy but this pheno is special.

I’m missing pics of Ethanol 85 F2, they are surprisingly Low riders in comparison to their stretchy mother. Ice Cream Cake reduced height big time. Plants wreak of kushy gasoline, very impressed with them. Will be interesting to see if maybe chocolate diesel or gorilla glue can add something to the size of the buds after it’s stable in F4.
Just checking things out in here and saw you were working with Apollo 13. I had an Apollo 13 x LVTK freebie from GLG that had a nice skunky profile. I forgot about that til I read your post. I will have to dig those out and see if I can find some more of the Skunky ones.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Just checking things out in here and saw you were working with Apollo 13. I had an Apollo 13 x LVTK freebie from GLG that had a nice skunky profile. I forgot about that til I read your post. I will have to dig those out and see if I can find some more of the Skunky ones.
Yeah it’s primarily a skunk smell but with a twist, it’s kind of cheesy.

Quick updates for you all,
Great Lakes Genetics and I are discussing terms, not counting my chickens before they hatch though.
Seed cellar may also be interested.

Added a few strains to the website including Garry Potter (Gary Payton x Wizard Punch). I’m also going to be doing informational posts about HPLC, Triploid seeds, clinical research we are doing in Alzheimer’s, and more.A0A2A288-8927-487C-B12B-E5D69151D34D.png

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Those look beautiful! The soap is a really nice strain.
I just planted a dozen more of those seed you sent us about 2 years ago. Do you have seed of the Apollo 13x Space Queen?
I bred a male and female Plushberry (Black Cherry x Space Queen) about 10 years I got from TGA, when they were still up and running.
The mom had some the best grape/berry taste. Wasn't real potent, but was a joy to smoke.
2009 King's Kush(Pure Kush x Grape) had a strong grape flavor. Seems to me, they were very similar.
I'm still searching for the Ludens "Cherry Cough Drop" from the cannabis of old.
Pot just doesn't taste like the Sativa Hybrids of the past.
Do you have other TGA genetics you are working with?

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
I just planted a dozen more of those seed you sent us about 2 years ago. Do you have seed of the Apollo 13x Space Queen?
I bred a male and female Plushberry (Black Cherry x Space Queen) about 10 years I got from TGA, when they were still up and running.
The mom had some the best grape/berry taste. Wasn't real potent, but was a joy to smoke.
2009 King's Kush(Pure Kush x Grape) had a strong grape flavor. Seems to me, they were very similar.
I'm still searching for the Ludens "Cherry Cough Drop" from the cannabis of old.
Nope, just Vortex. It’s crazy how similar it is to Apollo. Got lucky in F2 and found a big yielding heavy nose baby poo skunk plant (#14) with a little cheese and a faint detection of fruit. Was amazed at the potency results 26-30% total THC depending on sample. Cures up dense but sort of spongey. The nugs are very long and chunky, sort of forming a perfect cone. Taste is savory and sweet, kind of rich. Hard to describe. Definitely my favorite strain ever. Smells like the skunk genes are pretty locked in during Vortex F3 right now. 40 Reg F3 Vortex plants just recently flipped to flower. It looks like F4 is the end, maybe I’ll do a back cross to the highest potency pheno, but that’s pretty much it, I did what I set out to do. I have probably like 100 F3 seeds left for safe keeps and back crossing/future crosses, or just to preserve her, I’ll do the same with these F4 seeds. I gave around 100 seeds to the facility I work at, it’s possible they’ll find a great one. Once F3 is cured I’ll have all the potency reports available. For the namesake I’m calling it Apollo 13 and giving credit to all those I know worked to preserve it and of course Mr soul who originally bred it.
The only other old school plant I’m working with is from Brothers Grimm, 88 G13/hashplant x Afghan. Definitely the shortest plants I’ve ever grown, some of the stem rubs were absolutely foul. Like garbage dogshit smells. Not sure how I feel about these yet but I swear, you never know until it cures.
The other plant I’m most excited about right now in the grow room is Khalifa Kush from cresco labs. Found one seed out of a few ounces in the lab. She’s getting crossed with the high potency stinky Apollo/Vortex F3 line, which already looks very uniform. That combination I expect to be stellar. Might have to name that one Apollo 14 or something in honor of that lucky F2 plant. Other than that, I have SLH x Clementine, and GG4xTriple OGxRoad Kill. I have a few Grimm Glue growing, as well as Blue Gelatti x Red Pop. The flower room is not going to be pollinated, Apollo boys and girls will get moved to their own room, along with Khalifa. All other plants are being grown for max potency, and tested for selection. They’ll be stabilized either through self feminization or back crossing with other seeds if I can find them. Shouldn’t be too hard.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I'm still working these old Skunk and Afghani #1 lines I've had for years. Breeding the males into some of these newer strains, trying to bring out some more intense flavors from the past. It's really hit and miss at times, but that's ok, I'm not hung up on production,
I just like the high I get from these old strains.
I have no idea about the thc numbers, maybe 17 to 25%, maybe a little more on a few of them. As long as the flavor is there.
Hoping these comp plants turn out to be winners. I'm gonna sling pollen next week and make a batch of regs to sort through.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I'm still working these old Skunk and Afghani #1 lines I've had for years. Breeding the males into some of these newer strains, trying to bring out some more intense flavors from the past. It's really hit and miss at times, but that's ok, I'm not hung up on production,
I have no idea about the thc numbers, maybe 17 to 25%, maybe a little more on a few of them. As long as the flavor is there.
Hoping these comp plants turn out to be winners. I'm gonna sling pollen next week and make a batch of regs to sort through.
that's ok i don't mind beans , thought to be a miss . :)

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
If you send me a clone, or some seeds, I’ll grow them and let you know what they test at if you’re curious. If you don’t want me to breed with them, I won’t. I’m genuinely curious for you lol.
Totally agree THC isn’t everything, unfortunately it’s the name of the game for a licensed facility and I’m breeding with them in mind. One of the best weed experiences I ever had was some 10% chocolope. At this point the facility I’m working at in Michigan is basically partnering with me, I talked to the CFO today about the importance of breeding, and how it sets companies like cookies apart. Recently cookies just put out a Congolese landrace plant.. really incredible stuff. Really, I’d like to breed with terpene and flavonoid content in mind too. Need to convince them to get a GCMS so I can make some methods for analyzing those. Sadly high THC = high price. BUT I have a feeling the classics are making a comeback. I think people want to experience master Kush, diesel, g13, acopulco, skunk, etc. Maybe the education in how THC isn’t everything will continue to shift the market.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Here is the Chop day pics for my Secret mints (thought I posted) I believe I chopped at 60 days.
View attachment 135249View attachment 135250View attachment 135251
Seriously cookies did something awesome with The Soap. A purple plant that yields and actually has a unique scent. What’s the nose on those? Any ice cream cake influence? The nice thing about my ICC male is the vanilla sort of subtly blends in with the dominant terpenes of whatever the mother plant is.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
that's ok i don't mind beans , thought to be a miss . :)
How many you want?
My "seed hoarding" and "pollen chucking" with my eyes closed, is getting to be "unproductive".
I'm gambling on one of these males passing on those nearly extinct traits,
that a small group of individuals are in search of.
I'm getting up in years and not sure how many runs I have left, before I water in that last plant.
I wanna find and smoke the very best flower this plant/planet has to offer.
After experiencing 1/2 a century of hiding and dodging choppers to grow a little head stash.
Can't forget ordering seeds from a magazine the Law" watched very closely,
waiting for 2 months for your seed to show up.
I think everyone should send me their very best to grow "one last time" as many times I as I can.
I think I've "earned the right", as do a few others, not mentioning any names. lol

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Oh and yes, the F3 line is available and it’s awesome.

The skunk pheno is only about 10% of seeds…
Pheno 1- 40% Mango/Pineapple/Coconut
Pheno 2- 20% Oranges/Pine/Kerosene
Pheno 3- 30% Mango/Skunk
Pheno 4- 10% Skunk/BabyPoo