High kevs worm farm

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Let's recap

You own this

and then you own this/these

and you want to fill the first one with worm????, lol. I think you should take door # 2 and fill those planters with worms. For starters..see that plank on the ground there.........do that all the way around each planter. You'll harvest that worm shit in the fall by rolling the plank. Earthworms..........eat down several inches, roots and all . You will definitely be ahead of peepee's 1 quart every 12 weeks. Then, after you harvest your veggies.......you plant covers......which are worm food and in the end.........all that soil will be priceless, all those root balls re generated into soil you can use again.

You can feed them table scraps as well, lol In fact ANY tablescraps you want, you don't have to grind anything, you don't have to sort anything out or exclude anything or be careful at all. They can stay outside in the winter :)

Worm farming is cool, whatever, you already got infrastructure in place to decimate anything you'll get from that 18 gallon tote. I see those posts are high enuff for another round of side boards.........you're loaded for bear, why mess with a tote?

One other thing about those boards that would surround your planters.........no more need for the weed wacker........you can run the mower right over the board and done.

But take it with a grain of salt, I'm not any type of internet guru, just somebody that grows a bunch of stuff and doesn't have time to waste. ;)
You may need to beat this into my head a little bit more but I need to do me a cover crop in those raised beds and step my game up. Thank u for spending the time to beat this into my mush brain

quiescent

Super Active Member
So I think I’m giving up my idea of making tea as I found my way was kinda like this video lol I will use the castings I make from the worm farm as castings and ale the tea another way
If you want to grow organically you're going to have to make teas, especially starting out. You've gotta be able to apply a lot of past experiences to get by with just top dressing. Even then you're best off giving a tea once a week or every other to add more life and food to your soil.

Indoors you want a pretty closed loop. Once you start bringing shit indoors from the outdoors you're introducing all the problems that mother nature can control, you're on your own inside. You can't expect to use agricultural practices and mix them into horticulture without some strife. What's being suggested to you is basically mixing 1/4 worm poop at best, with 3/4 dirt with some compost from what you turn in. Better off buying shitty hydro store worm castings/sawdust at $20 a bag and risking contagion from that.

I really suggest you head here and start reading some stickies. Find the method that you understand and can abide by time/money wise and go from there. You really gotta fill your noggin with this information. Can't rely on forums to help you expeditiously or properly in your time of need - you're already being given questionable advice and you haven't even started. I thought you had a good idea of what you were doing until you didn't know what teas are, you were describing leachate.

See what more than 2 people are saying, read a lot and form your own opinion. There's a lot of people that have dropped knowledge, it's on you to utilize it. You really gotta figure out what you're doing and why you're doing it on your own. You'll waste your time and end up scrapping it all because you're dealing with pests or chasing your tail using sub-par inputs that you're thinking are A-OK.

If you have a question message me, I'm not going to be checking back on this. Good luck.