Hey Chuckers!

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
I'm a home grower in a legal state. 10 gallon organic soil. Love of genetics brought me here. Looking to learn more about stable breeding stock and what not.

My spot is a little cold right now, lol. Reading and rosin pressing will keep me busy until I fire up the shed.

Might run these freebies next.
bruno.jpg

That or the Twin Peaks (Lucky Dog) I just ordered.

Hopefully I get lucky and find something worth keeping.

Never ran any Chem before, so I look forward to searching the site for info.

But if anybody reading this has run Bruno, Twin Peaks, Chem Sister or Chemdog91 or knows where I can find good info I am all ears.

peace

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I'm a home grower in a legal state. 10 gallon organic soil. Love of genetics brought me here. Looking to learn more about stable breeding stock and what not.

My spot is a little cold right now, lol. Reading and rosin pressing will keep me busy until I fire up the shed.

Might run these freebies next.
View attachment 107222

That or the Twin Peaks (Lucky Dog) I just ordered.

Hopefully I get lucky and find something worth keeping.

Never ran any Chem before, so I look forward to searching the site for info.

But if anybody reading this has run Bruno, Twin Peaks, Chem Sister or Chemdog91 or knows where I can find good info I am all ears.

peace
Seeds today are like a box of chocolates. You don't know what to expect until you grow them out. Breeders slap a name on something so it will get hype and sell. Then on to the next, while thinking up a new name.
I think they spend more time on the name than the strain. I'm laughing but it's true.
1st, you made a wise decision coming to this forum.
The members here take pride in what they are growing and will help you grow their seed with good, honest information as best they can. This here is a "family" of likeminded individuals. And yes, we fight, argue, debate and laugh. We all have our different views of life and that's how we grow as a community here. You don't get kicked out, you kick yourself out. lol
Now back to your questions,
Is that Chem spelled with an o or an aw? lol
Probably better to ask about the breeder than the strain. Breeders seed tend to resemble each strain they produce in one way or another.
My advice, go to Greenpoint Seeds and get in on the reverse auction and start out with high quality seeds. You'll find out all you'll need to know right here in this forum on any strain they have.
Ok, there's my GPS and Heisenbean plug for the day. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mornin!
I know Brothers Grimm has always been legit, even with different iterations of the company over the years. What they say is in the plant is in the plant, pheno's will vary. All three of those in Bruno are special, so there's likely gonna be something good in the pack.

The two chems are siblings. there were 'x' number of famous bagseeds from a Dead concert that made the Chemdog91, ChemD, ChemSis, and a few others that were kept, cloned, passed around, etc.

I have grown out the Chemdog91 from S1 seed and it is going to be an ugly-ish finicky plant that is well worth growing - and cloning if you're into that. Great smoke.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Is that Chem spelled with an o or an aw? lol
I found another clue on that. Listening to a Hash Church podcast and the ChemdAWg special reserve that Aficionado bred had lineage that included the StardAWg from JJ from Top DAWg'

Not baggin' on JJ - the Stardawg was just JJ's version of the Chemdog. I think JJ did some selection and backcrossing of other stuff to find/make a similar male, and he is well respected as having a genetic green thumb. I think him being able to put out the Stardawg regs gave a LOT of breeders access to the male side of the Chemdog genetics. - but ask @Heisenbeans. Or @Gu~~~ since he was actually mentioned by JJ in an interview and is at least an outside part of the story.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I found another clue on that. Listening to a Hash Church podcast and the ChemdAWg special reserve that Aficionado bred had lineage that included the StardAWg from JJ from Top DAWg'

Not baggin' on JJ - the Stardawg was just JJ's version of the Chemdog. I think JJ did some selection and backcrossing of other stuff to find/make a similar male, and he is well respected as having a genetic green thumb. I think him being able to put out the Stardawg regs gave a LOT of breeders access to the male side of the Chemdog genetics. - but ask @Heisenbeans. Or @Gu~~~ since he was actually mentioned by JJ in an interview and is at least an outside part of the story.
JJ uses different males which I like. He never uses the same male , he just selects from every new group he is running. Imo it works better cause it allows the plants to drift into a stronger direction. Autos are done the same way which is probably why they have come so far in such a short time. Every seed crop comes from 2 selected parents our of a lot. Majority of breeders aren't selecting from a large enough lot imo though. When's the last time you heard of a sundae driver 309, or motorbreath 450. Most are growing from a couple dozen pheno hunts and alot are selecting from undesirable traits. Some breeders think foxtailed larf is great and they actually breed for it. Others are all about the frost , terps and flavor are completely looked over. Whenever I smoke or the wife smokes the first thing we always refer to is the taste. It's like sunset sherb got its name from the way it looks. Flip it over after it's finished and it looks like sunset but it don't taste or smell jack shit like sherbert.