Hermaphrodite Seeds

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
I think your wrong about C99 having a herm tendency. I’ve never had one herm or even heard of anyone else having one. It’s even been said that it’s hermie-proof if I’m not mistaken.
I only meant that it "might" have come from that situation. Similar to some of the other mystery exotics with questionable lineage.
C99 is remarkably stable and should be used more for speeding up crosses in wet locales imho....

Another favorite of mine is the Opt, oregon purple thai, momma to Blueberry and Timewarp, maybe even Romulan or shared lineage, blah blah

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Here is some c99 from last year, I happen to have driven this hard the last year and a half. I have had s1s from it, usually just a couple here and there.
Besides the discussion was about lineage and not herm prone tendencies which are two different things....
@High kev I look at it this way, you cant take away the reproductive system of a plant naturally, like remove all males or females, so in short, yes, most likely, although there is different levels...only crops that did away with sex are things like cucumbers with sterile trihybrids that were colchined, ie alternative treated....
Read thru the mohan ram papers from 1970, 1980, 1984

4our.jpg c99threetw.jpg

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
On top of that though, even if every strain has the ability, you will always find a cultivar in big enough populations that can inbreed true-er, that is less susceptible and adjusts to its environment better, which is probably 80% of hermaphroditic expression, environmental factors....being hermaphroditic in origin certainly isnt hurting the genepool, as evidenced by the elite cuts.....

Opie1

Master Grower
Opie if you got something to type, type it, i am not in it for personal attacks. You have a difference of opinion, good!
Neither am I dude. Your the one that made the list of what you think are hermie prone strains, I just disagreed with one of them.
Then you go all scientific about it. I’ll sit back and get ‘educated’.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
seems like it’s something a chucker / breeder should not look to do on purpose. Sounds like the chances of future beans turning herm is higher. But if the bud is that goood ya take the chances and try breeding it out idk. Guess I gotta start fresh with some gear from one of the paradise members and make sure to get my room dialed in better thanks for all responses for helping this noob grow good

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
That is a very good question. I never really gave it any thought and always throw them out. I had a plant hermy and i am in the middle of seedland with every harvest.. I think the problem has been corrected but i have harvests of seedy buds going into hash.

I never thought the seeds were worth a shit BUT the initial hermy plant was long since harvested.
So all seeds pollinated by that would be viable? I would think they would and probably fems.

And if they hermied because of a stupid light in the bloom room...well thats not beause of a hermy trait in the plant as much as me not being dilligent.

I think i will save and properly label some of my favorites and see what happens....away from the bloom room :D

Like next year outdoors.

Perfect guerilla grow seeds if you ask me...allegedly