Hermaphrodite Seeds

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
So I recently had a crop that a few banana popped up and I got some seeds. I had a light leak so I’m assuming that’s why they popped out but idk. I had gdp, trapstar, and garlic breathe. I pulled the seeds from the trapstar. I’m assuming the trapstar pollinated itself but idk. I’m wondering are these seeds any good being that a herm did it. If so I might try and figure out how to send some seeds out to a winner of one of the competitions idk.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So I recently had a crop that a few banana popped up and I got some seeds. I had a light leak so I’m assuming that’s why they popped out but idk. I had gdp, trapstar, and garlic breathe. I pulled the seeds from the trapstar. I’m assuming the trapstar pollinated itself but idk. I’m wondering are these seeds any good being that a herm did it. If so I might try and figure out how to send some seeds out to a winner of one of the competitions idk.
I grew a few of the seeds I got out of my plants that were pollinated by a herm and they were all female. I moved them outside when I left for vacation and haven’t noticed any balls on them. This is one of them. It has pink pistils. F577EAF3-68F6-415A-B210-94D617F98C18.jpeg

IrocZ

Really Active Member
a plant that easily hermed may pass that on in the offspring
Generally it is recommended not to spread that trait, so sending em out might not be the best idea. An undetected hermie can ruin someones garden.

The seeds are not necessarily bad, and you may have good luck with them, but...they will likely carry that easy to herm trait to future generations.

Just my 2cents, fwiw

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Just my opinion but a plant that easily hermed may pass that on in the offspring, ive been telling my growmies to toss em unless its a last resort type thing
I believe mine hermaphroditism due to light leak and hot temps. The whole room turned hermaph three different strains. 28 or so different plants. I’ve heard people say toss them cause it passes onto off spring and u will have hermaphroditism all the time but I’m not 100% sure if mine hermaphroditism due to light leak or genetic. If it was from light leak and not genetic would that change anything. I don’t have much experience in the breeding aspect thanks for all replys and helping me learn

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Generally it is recommended not to spread that trait, so sending em out might not be the best idea. An undetected hermie can ruin someones garden.

The seeds are not necessarily bad, and you may have good luck with them, but...they will likely carry that easy to herm trait to future generations.

Just my 2cents, fwiw
Not trying to throw a wrench in people’s plans so I will hold the beans instead of giving them as a comp prize Thank u for all the help.

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
That's the story, and that's why a lot of Glue crosses are more prone to hermie than some other strains.

I still got Heisen's Glue S1's and a couple crosses, but knowing I needed watch em.

Definitely can still find fire, but also taking chances
Yes you need to keep a close eye for sure..I’ve missed a couple before and the whole crop was loaded with seeds..No Bueno

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I read somewhere that gg came from a herm...That was more than a year ago.
I grew out for long time Royal Gorilla it was excellent smoke and that strain didn't herm on me. Had the same bud structure as heisen gg4.
But when I bred it with a male...2 different males the offspring came out herm.

One thing I really hate is seeds in my weed. Its always a loss and waste of time. I never keep herm seeds those are tossed. I make hash...oil and butter out of herm strains when it happens so its not a whole loss.

I killed all my clones of gg4 and the mother plant as well. I am staying away from any strain that has gg in it...and after I load my next tent that's it for female seeds for awhile. However I am going to run orange punch from dp and Franco lemon cheese but before I load my tent its gotta be cleaned from top to bottom. New duct...new carbon filter and my 2 light hoods in there will get a bleach job...same with the walls and the ceiling and my trays. So any pollen from this last herm grow will be gone.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I believe mine hermaphroditism due to light leak and hot temps. The whole room turned hermaph three different strains. 28 or so different plants. I’ve heard people say toss them cause it passes onto off spring and u will have hermaphroditism all the time but I’m not 100% sure if mine hermaphroditism due to light leak or genetic. If it was from light leak and not genetic would that change anything. I don’t have much experience in the breeding aspect thanks for all replys and helping me learn
Several elite cuts are nothing more than bag seed, all 4 chem plants, gg#4, cookies and Im sure others were all from plants that hermied. And those cuts have made a lot of people big money from breeding with them so its debateable as to pass them out or not. I think as long as you tell folk how they came about then its up to the grower whether or not to risk running them.

In my early days I had a plant herm and seeded up the bud, before I knew about hermies, and my buddy grew a few of those beans without any problems and they ended up being really dank too. Its a roll of the dice but I wouldnt use them in a breeding project though.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Any suggestions on strains for breeding prospects. Wouldn’t want to steal anyone’s strain or step on toes. But I gotta start somewhere cause it seems fun as sheet to develope my own strain. Where to start without stepping on toes Besides my Hermed seeds???