Hello

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Wow, what great responses. I even took a little heed of some of the advice.
Here’s an update (because I’m sure y’all are on the edge of your seats, wondering about my seedlings).

First, I made these stakes out of a stainless welding rod, because I’m near certain these seedlings won’t be welding any stainless in the near future. I wanted to use copper wire but I was concerned about the copper leaching. View attachment 102768

I got ‘‘em all staked up. I think they’ll be ok this way for a while. View attachment 102770View attachment 102771
I’m running one of the little fans. The tops are moving just a little.
Moving just a little, or dancing, is just what you want.

Did you increase the intensity of the light by lowering it or turning it up?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First, I made these stakes out of a stainless welding rod, because I’m near certain these seedlings won’t be welding any stainless in the near future. I wanted to use copper wire but I was concerned about the copper leaching.
I have a seedling that might need propping up, but since it has enough stretch to mess with here's what you are looking for:
IMG_7561.JPG
It's a rubber coated wire like fat twist ties.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
How are your seedlings doing?
Thanks for asking. I’ve been chomping at the bit to do an update, but I figured it’d be pretty uninteresting to this crew. But I suppose they can scroll on . . .

I noticed some roots coming out of the bottom of the cups, so I went ahead and transplantedD8B0FBF7-012B-40CC-BCDC-703699E3D80A.jpeg8A4225D3-9618-4699-BBAA-141488574C9F.jpeg them yesterday. I probably should have waited another week, but I’m impatient sometimes.

That went well. Everyone seems pretty happy in their new homes.
96FD9D0E-30A5-4C12-B784-49F4EF5FF98F.jpeg5AB9D5D2-0F65-448D-B0A5-4DF0F00703FC.jpeg74EEC6D7-8E8E-4D85-9DE8-418577C20252.jpegAC199EE3-090D-4434-B196-CBACB787E6CA.jpeg
I originally intended to have only six plants, but all ten fit in there somehow.
I’ve been running a 4” exhaust and three of those little clip-ons and the temperature has been staying around 82.

If you look at the pic with a single plant, you’ll see a floor register. That goes directly to the crawl space. I have a black-out drape attached with Velcro covering the sliding closet doors, and it sucks in when the fan is on, but I don’t think it’s drawing enough air through that register. They sell a register with a couple of little fans built in. I might try one of those. I think they’re a little over a hundred CFM.

I’m also kinda kicking the idea around about getting a tent for flowering. I know it’s not exactly today’s business, but that stuff has a way of creeping up on you. I’d be interested in whatever anyone thought about tents. Are the Gorilla tents worth the cost of admission? I don’t want to throw (any more) money around wrecklessly, but I’ve been known to pay for quality.

Your plants are looking great badddion! GetOffMyNutes recently commented about Gorilla tents and said,
First off Gorilla tents are badass and tough like they say...However.....they have the worst light leaks of any tent I have ever owned. My old Mars hydro was almost light tight with a better door design but nowhere sturdy as this beast. Luckily for me it's in a completely dark space and light leaks are absolutely not a concern for me. However if it is to you then I probably might not recommend it.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Your plants are looking great badddion! GetOffMyNutes recently commented about Gorilla tents and said,

I’m sure the Gorilla tents are wicked quality, no doubt. On the other hand, my Marshydro el cheapo tent has lasted me at least three years now and still going strong.

If you’re not wanting to commit to the Gorilla, IMO the Marshydo, Vivosun, AC Infinity etc. tents are just fine for the hobbyist and for the money.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Your plants are looking great.

Now that you’ve transplanted them, what is your plan for watering?

PS. I don’t think you transplanted too early. I think it was close to perfect timing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’m sure the Gorilla tents are wicked quality, no doubt. On the other hand, my Marshydro el cheapo tent has lasted me at least three years now and still going strong.

If you’re not wanting to commit to the Gorilla, IMO the Marshydo, Vivosun, AC Infinity etc. tents are just fine for the hobbyist and for the money.
If they have your size, Green Architechture makes a great tent for the money. Biggest thing is the zipper. After a year some get a little rough and you'll be in that zipper constantly.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I think I’m going to pull the trigger on this one.

It has the thicker material like Gorilla, but at half the price.
Anybody got any recommendations as far as lights go? It’s more tent than I need at 4x8, but I have a space for it so what the hey.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
If they have your size, Green Architechture makes a great tent for the money. Biggest thing is the zipper. After a year some get a little rough and you'll be in that zipper constantly.
The Marahydro zipper is still going strong! (Knock on wood).

I think I’m going to pull the trigger on this one.

It has the thicker material like Gorilla, but at half the price.
Anybody got any recommendations as far as lights go? It’s more tent than I need at 4x8, but I have a space for it so what the hey.
I dunno about ordering off ebay nowadays as its kinda sketchy and I think you get hit with taxes as well. If you haven't pulled the trigger already maybe take a look at this one and save a bit. (y)
With the money you save you could by a nice couple fans.

As far as a light goes you will be hard pressed to find a better value for you money than a Maxsisun Mother Fuc.... MF2000. 700 samsung diodes powered by meanwell driver. They daisy chain perfectly and are rock solid work horses.

Last edited:
Oh, and Shane's discount code(10% off) for the MF2000 still works MF2KMIGRO and it stacks on top of amazon's current 15% off to make it 25% off an all ready really good price of 139$. You could buy 4 of them for right around 440$ and that would light up your 4 X 8 with 2800 Samsung diodes powered by 1040 Watts off meanwell drivers.

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Well, I’m in with both feet now. I ordered that AC Infinity 4x8 tent, a T8 fan and an 8 inch filter. For lights I went with two Spider Farmers SF4000s.
I ordered all of the junk from Flea Bay, because the shipping from AC Infinity was going to be more than my state’s sales tax.
Wow man! You are all in. You’re gonna love them Spider Farmers. They’re a hell of a light.

Well, I’m in with both feet now. I ordered that AC Infinity 4x8 tent, a T8 fan and an 8 inch filter. For lights I went with two Spider Farmers SF4000s.
I ordered all of the junk from Flea Bay, because the shipping from AC Infinity was going to be more than my state’s sales tax.
Really great choices Badddoin (y) There are several people on here that run SF4000's and absolutely CRUSH(LubdaNugs comes to mind) with them. Here is hoping you don't have to wait for an extended amount of time to get your new gear and setup a legit BAD ASS flower tent. Seriously man I'm jelly.

Last edited:

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Rutrow! I think I may have murdered a few. After I transplanted them on Friday I increased the nutrients to the veg level instead of the seedling amount. It was about 850ppm including CalMag. 9DEFF527-B3AA-4AFE-A8F6-8D433CDE22B8.jpegCBED8567-7799-4011-BFEC-9B0BA510CAAD.jpeg
These are the worst offenders. They’re both Blue Dream. Any ideas? Should I make funeral arrangements?

The little GG4 looks good so far. E0C24F45-5EF8-47B9-B794-F80DDA200C44.jpeg
Another Blue Dream looks pretty good except there’s some deadness at the leaf tips.
B395DEC6-007C-4894-9889-813EEE89345A.jpeg
On a happier note, I ordered a pack of Purple Punch and Sticky Icky from Greenpoint to replace these whenever I get my new tent set up.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Rutrow! I think I may have murdered a few. After I transplanted them on Friday I increased the nutrients to the veg level instead of the seedling amount. It was about 850ppm including CalMag. View attachment 103194View attachment 103195
These are the worst offenders. They’re both Blue Dream. Any ideas? Should I make funeral arrangements?

The little GG4 looks good so far. View attachment 103196
Another Blue Dream looks pretty good except there’s some deadness at the leaf tips.
View attachment 103197
On a happier note, I ordered a pack of Purple Punch and Sticky Icky from Greenpoint to replace these whenever I get my new tent set up.
I wouldn’t count them out just yet. They might be over watered. Try and keep them directly in the fan’s path without being too aggressive, to help them dry out a bit.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I let ‘em dry out, but they looked pretty shriveled up on the lower leaves. I took the one that looked the worst (it’s already broke, right?) and flushed it with just RO water with some calmag. When I first started, the runoff water measured around 1700PPM. I ran a gallon of water through it and got it down to somewhere in the 600s or 700s. The next morning she looked a little less bad, so I did the same to the rest of them. I also took their tops off - with their consent, naturally.

I guess that was 3 or 4 days ago, and this is where we are now.
5F43F413-4FEA-4D3A-B22C-210389C77790.jpegF5C1E55B-CD9C-4AEF-9DCE-170B0FD3EABB.jpeg8E50CE19-5B7D-4258-9194-849CC72497BC.jpeg74737A66-7F52-4781-A725-1E515AC55498.jpeg03F3EA35-DA9F-4029-B4ED-5357ABA903BD.jpeg
And this one is the runt. She’s been the smallest since the beginning.
2F6E7465-B612-47EA-A7CE-D9C46837BDED.jpeg
I think they’re looking pretty good considering.

I had another mishap this morning. One of the Mars Hydro lights took a dump on me. One of the drivers failed, so only half of that light was working. I downloaded a light meter to my phone, and I was in there playing with it earlier, so I know it just happened. Amazon is sending me another, so in the meantime, I put one of those Spider Farmer lights in its place.