Hello

So far, including my current grow (6 gorilla glues that haven’t sprouted), I’ve produced zero plants. But I’ve watched a ton of YT vids, so I’m basically an expert. Be easy on me.
Welcome Aboard My friend. Hey we all have to start somewhere! I've grown the GG4 clone only to MUCH SUCCESS. Definitely in my all time favorites list. I've never grown a seed version of it. I know Mycotek offer a IBL and of course Josey Whales GG genetics offer the Glue in seed form. Whatever the case may be, it's a fairly easy plant to grow, yields great, has super bag appeal, and an incredible High. Excited to see what comes from them. Any questions I and everyone else here got your back on your first grow!

Badddoin

Really Active Member
556218B8-6917-4995-843D-12DBD14CB2AA.jpeg556218B8-6917-4995-843D-12DBD14CB2AA.jpeg512A183A-3233-4623-A871-F38C90B76909.jpegE7B44BE4-436E-4748-9B11-77A1A963E185.jpegE180E524-120A-4F38-9F7A-1769F4CE2546.jpeg5D1013D3-A470-4055-A60D-C6FD77192A92.jpeg
So, this is my cluster - I mean closet. I started by trying to sprout 6 Gorilla Glue from ILGM. I really screwed the pooch and ended up with 2 (the two on the left in the smaller pots. Then, after those two sprouted, I germinated 4 each Blue Dream and MK Ultra (also from ILGM

They’re in a 2X6 closet with 2 Mars Hydro TSW2000s. I’m only using one currently, because everything fits under it. I’m getting some gnarly (and not in a good way) stretch outta the MKUs, and the BDs aren’t much better. The lights are on 16, off 8. They’re currently about 13 inches from the tallest seedlings. They were about 18 inches when most of this stretch happened.

I have 4 six inch clip-on fans and a four inch exhaust pulling through a carbon filter. I was running only one of the clip-ons and it seemed ok. The tops of the girls were moving a little, so I added another one, and within an hour two had fallen over. Hence the toothpick contraptions you see.

So I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I just leave it like this till the stems toughen up a little, and more importantly, should I?

2. I plan to transplant into 3 gallon cloth pots whenever it’s time. Should I just go ahead and do that now with the biggest offenders, and bury that lanky stem.

3. With the light where it is now my plants are in about 84 degrees. Will that burn them? I had the exhaust fan on this morning, and it didn’t seem to help much with the heat.

4. Any other critique you may have.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Usually seedlings stretch like that when they aren’t getting enough light. I would move your light down an inch or two.

Also I would set one of those USB fans you got to just gently blow across the tops of the plants. 84 isn’t ideal, but I don’t think it’ll kill them either.

When you transplant them (not yet, wait til the plant is as least as wide as the solo cup) you can plant them deeper to just leave an inch or so of stem above the top of the dirt.

One question: what are you growing in?

Question two: how many watts does that light pull from the wall?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Welcome to the edge of Alice in Wonderland's deep dark hole of "now I need..." :ROFLMAO:

What he said ^^^ because if you have an 'entry level' light it will still grow weed, but you might need to limit your expectations early. It will only flower so many plants nicely to harvest. But you can work with what you have within it's limitations. .

From personal experience with ILGM seeds they are exceptionally average. They are fairly reliable but no matter how beautiful mine ended up the face-punch old-shool high was just never there. That is what I started with as well, and one light, and no tent, etc. I still use the closet for veg.

If you are limited on cash, that's probably a good thing at first so you don't go buying every gimmick out there.

If you have a decent budget for the hobby spend it wisely. There are people on this forum that build lights and have tons of knowledge to point you in the right direction to build your own, or buy a quality light cheaper than the market price. There are several breeders on here with companies that sell much better genetics that ILGM. If we had an AC Infinity rep on here with cheap fans or discounts it would be a one stop shop 😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you are just starting, there are lots of systems that grow plants well. My suggestion would be to pick one and stick with it at it's basic level for at least one grow. If it's organic stay organic. If it's part A and part B don't waste money on "super-special-veg part C" or "extra-fire-bloom part D". Keep it as simple as possible and there's less you can screw up. It is a weed and it will grow unless we kill it - and extra love kills.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
The lights pull 300 watts from the wall. I had them dimmed to 50%, then when I moved it down I raised it to 60%.

I’m growing in coco. It’s double buffered.

I’m feeding ‘‘em General Hydroponics three-part. Very mild seedling amount. About 325ppm. PH was 5.8.

The lights pull 300 watts from the wall. I had them dimmed to 50%, then when I moved it down I raised it to 60%.

I’m feeding ‘‘em General Hydroponics three-part. Very mild seedling amount. About 325ppm. PH was 5.8.
I run TSW2000 for my closet grow and they do well but the 2 generic 150W drivers they put on top of them will run a bit hot, especially once you crank them up to 100%. If I remember right I wanna say Like 150 -160F But looking at your picks you look like your very handy at mounting things(love your fan mount! (y) ) so you might consider remote mounting them outside your closet as they do have a good amount of cable to do so. If you need to warm up your closet for they winter you could always put them back in.

I never really liked popping seeds underneath my TSW2000 because it seemed no matter what power I would try they would always seem stretchy. I think its just too red a spectrum. A nice bit of kit to have is a lux meter and I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098SXQB2T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It really helps to be able to dial in the perfect amount of appropriate light strength depending on what you are trying to accomplish underneath them.
Like H.A.F. mention just keep things simple for the 1st/couple grows.
TS2000.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

OK great Man, you’re off to a good start.

So I’d get that light to about 100 watts (about 70%) and move it to about 12” from the tops. Also, change your light cycle to 18 on, 6 off.

As the plants grow, try to maintain that 12”, but also turn up the intensity a little every other day or so. You could also crank the light up to 100%, but raise it to about 16” off the tops. And then you can play with it from there.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Wow, what great responses. I even took a little heed of some of the advice.
Here’s an update (because I’m sure y’all are on the edge of your seats, wondering about my seedlings).

First, I made these stakes out of a stainless welding rod, because I’m near certain these seedlings won’t be welding any stainless in the near future. I wanted to use copper wire but I was concerned about the copper leaching. E2D6597A-5087-42BF-AE77-A04E5A7B337E.jpeg

I got ‘‘em all staked up. I think they’ll be ok this way for a while. 192712FA-7EED-4A76-B156-93CA4D3B0BC0.jpegF5C392DF-2384-4826-9ECA-AED459C6E25C.jpeg
I’m running one of the little fans. The tops are moving just a little.