Heisenbubbles Do it yourself RDWC build

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Those the same ones General hydroponics use for they're control or top off? You know the cheapest place to get those?
You have to buy the lid separately from them

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
$19.40 for both, There is a 13 gallon one also but that is to big. Might search around a little bit to find a cheaper price, but they are expensive, but very nice.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I've got the GH kit with these for a control or header and a top off and they are really nice. I'm thinking about re-doing mine or starting over rather with those 8 gals and stepping up to 3" pipe. I've about changed my mind on the smaller pump, just enlarge the whole system instead.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I've got the GH kit with these for a control or header and a top off and they are really nice. I'm thinking about re-doing mine or starting over rather with those 8 gals and stepping up to 3" pipe. I've about changed my mind on the smaller pump, just enlarge the whole system instead.
I like mine amost indistructable, I have 5 with 1 being the epi bucket. I use 2" pipe one mine with no issues after about 6 runs. I believe if you buy a premade one they use 3". The secret IMO is the Air . Pound it with the best air pump you can get. I use the Alita AL-40 which is a linear air pump and I make my air stone out of 1/4" soaker hose and it puts out tons of air. I did see on amazon that there was a 7" Diffusor rubber membrane for $13.00. I always wanted to try them.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I like mine amost indistructable, I have 5 with 1 being the epi bucket. I use 2" pipe one mine with no issues after about 6 runs. I believe if you buy a premade one they use 3". The secret IMO is the Air . Pound it with the best air pump you can get. I use the Alita AL-40 which is a linear air pump and I make my air stone out of 1/4" soaker hose and it puts out tons of air. I did see on amazon that there was a 7" Diffusor rubber membrane for $13.00. I always wanted to try them.

Foxhunter444

Any suggestions or links to some good trimming videos for Hydro systems? Just wanting to know how to keep the leaves and buds from down below the screen and keep the top more productive.
Thanks

Rattman

Hey armdog....I bought the al-40. Man this thing is a beast! Can you elaborate on how you made air stone out of soaker hose? Sounds interesting. 👍

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Hey armdog....I bought the al-40. Man this thing is a beast! Can you elaborate on how you made air stone out of soaker hose? Sounds interesting. 👍
I added a x in the middle and stuffed the soaker hose under the bulkhead to hold it in place.. so I did not need the stainless steel washers. Each bucket has one line to the air Stone and one in the epi with soaker hose also. You will need alot of tees and one 4 way in the middle of each one or you can just use tees and just x them in the middle. Get creative and it is real easy to do. I have used mine on 4 grows with no issues. Just clean the with a toothbrush after each run. Also always soak in bleach water and run hoses after each run to kill off any bad guys.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I added a x in the middle and stuffed the soaker hose under the bulkhead to hold it in place.. so I did not need the stainless steel washers. Each bucket has one line to the air Stone and one in the epi with soaker hose also. You will need alot of tees and one 4 way in the middle of each one or you can just use tees and just x them in the middle. Get creative and it is real easy to do. I have used mine on 4 grows with no issues. Just clean the with a toothbrush after each run. Also always soak in bleach water and run hoses after each run to kill off any bad guys.
Tons of air with this,. Just got tired of the traditional air stones. I love creating my own stuff,. Some work and some not. This one is tested and works great.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
You will have to adapt the AL-40 to a manafold to airline
Hose. I don't believe it comes with a manafold.