Head's Thread

Mr.Head

So I got some real early fade this grow. They should have been transplanted into a larger pot before going into flower. I got some 15 gallons for next grow.

It probably would alleviate the PH issues I've been having and didn't realize until week 4. As it stands they'll be getting Silica to raise the PH for the next 2 weeks. I didn't realize Silica raised PH as well as it does, that's my new go-to to fix the R/O water.

These pics are a week old, week 7 today. Planning on taking to 9-10

Mr.Head

IMG_1104.JPGIMG_1105.JPG
IMG_1106.JPGIMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1111.JPGIMG_1112.JPGIMG_1113.JPGIMG_1114.JPG

Some lights on/lights off pics. The Bandit Breath looks pretty close to done and so do a couple pheno's of Tacky Glue but the green pheno looks like it's just starting to pack on the weight.

Been a busy week, 5x5 is in. Got some new metal scrog screens.

Building a microcontroller timer/weather station that transmits data via wifi to a tablet display in my free time so haven't been on here much lately.

If everything works well and is reliable I'll post it on here for others.

The idea is to have it turn on my water pump every other day and have it water for 2-30 second intervals a couple hours apart at 5gph which seems to be enough for these 3 gallons but will need to be adjusted for the 15 gallons I got for next grow. Then it will control lights. Transmit temp and humidity data to an old tablet which will be used as a dedicated display. Down the road this data will control the fans operation.

I may build an auto-ph-ec doser into this down the road but that won't be for a while as all I feed now is water and silica to raise the R/O Ph.

Codes done and verified, outlets are wired together. Just waiting on the microcontroller to get here. Don't know if I want to run an Arduino UnoR3 or a NodeMCU or both...

Here are the videos I am using for guidance.

Mr.Head

I'm still here. :) :)

Harvest went well, next round of tacky glues are in the flower tent. in 15 gallons. Trimming fucked both my back and my hands. Been dealing with Arthritis and this fucked nerve in my back so I haven't been posting much, trying to give the hands a break.

Think my Thrips issues been dealt with.

@Genuity testers are getting there. They are going to get a pretty long veg. I fucked the labels up and only know what one "Honey Sundae" is. Sorry bout that, we'll have to inspect 'em in a while :). It looks like I got one runty one, but that's probably my fault. My time in the garden has been inconsistent.

@Gu~~~ did a good job on this Bandit Breath. My yield was kinda crap because she had issues before flower, but still put out quality nuggets with nice flavour and no herms at all with all the stress I gave her, root bound, under fed, under watered, bugs.... Buddy from RIU made a good selection with this one.

For all the Canucks out there, I'm trying this Miracle Grow Natures Care Organic Garden soil will post my opinion at the end of the grow. I cut it with some ProMix HP, and added some Lime and Alfalfa meal. Alfalfa might not have been necessary they are pretty green now.

That Arduino project is done and about to go into the first round of reliability testing. Seems good so far, but I haven't hooked up 750 watts of LED's yet. If all goes well the code will be posted for everyone.

It's got a smartphone app with timer programming, an ability to run a local or cloud server via the Blynk app(available for free from the googleplay store)so you can control the grow from anywhere in the world. Temperature and Humidity displays. 4 Outlet timers programable to the second.

Next phase will be programming a dry cabinet controller to keep temp and humidity perfect for drying, and adding DoTW programming for the timers.

So there's a wall of text to make up for being gone for a month :)