Hash making goals

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Great thread! So many ways to achieve the loftiest of Hash Making Goals.
Do any of you press your kief into pucks?
My rule of thumb is if you can't immediately form the pressed resin into shapes that don't crumble, using only your fingers, it's not top quality hash. For me, anything that fails this test gets pressed into rosin. Of course, this isn't the way everyone is going to go about it

I've been getting great quality using dry ice and a 190 micron bag with about 3 minutes of gentle shaking ( with pauses) - I do the first three minutes over one piece of parchment, and then move on to a second piece where I shake harder for about 2 minutes. This gives me two grades of top quality, what I call A and A+. Both of these grades mold by hand easily.

Here's a short video I just made in the wee hours of this hash-making morning ( note the involuntary groan of scooping satisfaction at 1:24). The strain is Lemon Pie, which isn't a hash-making strain by any means, but it still works very well:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I definitely prefer dry-sift. I ran the revegged PD and a couple of bagseed plants that threw nuts. The bagseed stuff i only kept the 73m wad, top center, beautiful blond that smells like fermented fruit. For the PD I did two runs and kept the 73 and the 50-60-whatever one between that and the 25m bag. The IMG_3333.JPG25m bag junk is in the middle.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I didn't mess with that any more than to get it all collected, then rolled into a ball. What do you bubble dudes do next?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looks and sounds yummy!
I got some bagseeds from an amazing plant, tried them out and remembered why bagseeds are bagseeds LOL
But the one that didn't herm is dry today, and the small wad of hash from the other two made it a worthwhile "hey dumbass!" experience. Could have been a lot worse LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Happy accident - don't know what I'll do with it.

When I sift kief for hash, the stuff from over and under the prime grades I just decarb to use for whatever's next. Sometimes it has more veg in it and looks like the one I popped out of the dab-storage there.

Sometimes more oily and you get either the dark-crumbly or the dark-tarry that can be molded like hash.
IMG_3451.JPG
Since my monster-re-veg plants went super long, the 'early ones' I chopped still had some nice amber kief. One grade looked the best, and I have 3/4 of a pound left to sift through - so I dumped all of the mid-grade separately into the Nova. It melted into a bubbly mess in the bottom of the (thank GOD!) silicone insert so I stuck it in the freezer, then popped it out and wadded it up into the blue thing.

I left it at room temp in the blue thing and it settled into a solid glob of brown oily tarry stuff with the consistency of "hot-pavement-bubblegum-stuck-in-the-tread-of-your-sneakers". I put it in the fridge and it solidified. I was able to just roll that container around between the hands to get the full-round shape. I'm thinking about busting out the dab-rig but I'm scared 🤪 IMG_3447.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Happy accident - don't know what I'll do with it.

When I sift kief for hash, the stuff from over and under the prime grades I just decarb to use for whatever's next. Sometimes it has more veg in it and looks like the one I popped out of the dab-storage there.

Sometimes more oily and you get either the dark-crumbly or the dark-tarry that can be molded like hash.
View attachment 88407
Since my monster-re-veg plants went super long, the 'early ones' I chopped still had some nice amber kief. One grade looked the best, and I have 3/4 of a pound left to sift through - so I dumped all of the mid-grade separately into the Nova. It melted into a bubbly mess in the bottom of the (thank GOD!) silicone insert so I stuck it in the freezer, then popped it out and wadded it up into the blue thing.

I left it at room temp in the blue thing and it settled into a solid glob of brown oily tarry stuff with the consistency of "hot-pavement-bubblegum-stuck-in-the-tread-of-your-sneakers". I put it in the fridge and it solidified. I was able to just roll that container around between the hands to get the full-round shape. I'm thinking about busting out the dab-rig but I'm scared 🤪 View attachment 88406
That looks like a little bowling ball!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have high hopes for the stuff hanging to dry right now. This came from 2 weeks earlier, and the best of this batch is aging loose to make hash with in a few months. it's up to the 6oz mark on an 8oz jar, but I know that ain't the weight.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I left that ball out at 72F for an hour
IMG_3457.JPG
This is the Paradise Diesel from @J.James that I re-vegged. the original part of the plant ripened like it should. I think hashing it sorts out any stuff that isn't good.
IMG_3460.JPG
I tried rolling it back small enough to fit back in the jar and it will have to go back in the fridge first.
This is just a wad of dried bubble-hash decarbed in the Nova. Mucho oil.
IMG_3461.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Do any of you press your kief into pucks? I worry about oxidization when storing/curing it loose.
I just saw this, sorry. I did, but I don't any more. It depends on what you plan to do with it. I have pressed measured doses of decarbed kief to use like taking an aspirin (that will fuck you up 🤪 ) but for anything else, loose is better. If you are going to take a razor blade to it so you can break it back down and smoke it in a bowl - keep it loose.

The oxydation is just aging and curing, Sifting it through the smaller seive grades until you find the ones with little to no veg is better for long term storage, because then you won't have the oxidation/color change issues except from green to a more brunette or blonde color.

I keep it in something air tight and light-proof, in the fridge drawer with my beans, and burp it like curing weed. Not as often, but I stir it up when I do.

Myvoy

I love my kief plain but I like it better processed. I think as long as you are compressing and applying some warmth, the composition changes somewhat. At least for me, I definitely get a different high....like difference in high from bong to a joint.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I love my kief plain but I like it better processed. I think as long as you are compressing and applying some warmth, the composition changes somewhat. At least for me, I definitely get a different high....like difference in high from bong to a joint.
Don't get me wrong. I work the primo stuff for hash. Hot water in a rolling pin, turkey bags - the whole nine. If it is not worth doing that it gets left loose for other endeavors.

After the kief has set for a week or so instead of dumping a spent bowl, I leave the ash and put a layer of the kief on top. Most is just a head rush and a gassy taste in your mouth. if it has that nice melt to it instead of turning to ash it doesn't get decarbed. If it has a nice taste or buzz profile as is, it sits by my bubbler to top off whatever I'm smoking. No need to do anything else.
But the other melty stuff is hash waiting to be worked.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
^^ A connoisseur that is a TRUE head. ^^
I currently have a 50/50 mix of Homecoming Queen and Croquembouche (the green one), which both had the same mom - or dad - but the same kick ass buzz. real pine and cedar on the taste. The bagseed bubblehash (posted on here before) is the pink one. It has a real unique fruit flavor and smell. And then for giggles I mixed some of those two together :cool:
IMG_3544.JPG

Myvoy

Relax with a nice cannagar but rather than sip on a mixer, have a nice bowl of mixed extracts.....life is good.

**I like the little rig, perfect size for concentrates