Green's Probiotic Method

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I use a npk and ph soil test kit from lowes. Garden centers carry them too. Won't tell you any other nute levels but it works great for cheap for what it's for. Helps alot if your trying to determine shit right now and not waiting for a lab report, only takes a few minutes. Smoke a bowl while you wait. Lol Like when I was having some micro defs awhile back, I verified it was an excess locking it out vs an actual def. It was caused by a botched experiment I did. Lol.

In farming you soil test fields in a grid pattern. That's because soil changes chemistry periodically throughout the field. When you send a soil test off (usually 6" deep and dozens of samples) and you get it back it shows you everything in that soil. From the CEC to the amount of trace minerals in the soil but also including the PH and recommendations of what your lacking and what you need.

Here is a sample of what one looks like when u get it back, different labs will have it differently and even have a print of the field and your soil types on display for ya.

This is what your layout looks like after you sent off dozens of samples and it's now mapped out.

In taking samples of a compost pile I'm not sure where you would send such a small amount of samples off too but their are a few things to keep in mind. That pile is going to be completely different from one part to the next. One section could be depleted of nitrogen or the pH could be 7 in the middle of the pile could be really hot with a lot of nitrogen and the pH 5.5. you would need to mix it all up really good if you're just going to send off one soil sample or you might need to take 10 or so samples all throughout the pile to give you a better look at what is in that soil.

Last edited:

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
and here is a few different designs from different ppl that I've saved, in order to maybe help perfect mine, or just to have for ideas!

and I apologize that I can't remember exactly who to give credit to for these pics and designs I know it's different ppl, and for that I'm sorry, I save tons of pics that aren't mine for ideas! but to be clear (if somehow you still haven't figured this out) these are not my pictures or my designs!View attachment 270View attachment 271View attachment 272View attachment 273View attachment 274View attachment 275

I have tried flowering in a bucket of water before. I took a 5 gal bucket and cut a hole in the lid just enough to let the one gal pot sit down inside it. It didn't work too good because the plants were transplanted into those pots and then placed in the 5 gal water buckets. Looking back couple things I would change up. I would have put a layer of hydroton or some type of rock in the bottom of the one gallon container and then put soil on top. that way you could submerse the one gallon container into the top of the water and The Roots could go down into it. I did not have any rocks and the soul would get saturated from the water in the five gallon bucket. And you know if the soil is saturated Roots will not grow because roots are in search of water and nutrients.

Oh and also veg out the plant you just put in that 1 gal pot so roots are already searching down at the bottom.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
About how long did you veg those two? I'm following along, waiting to try mine out when I got room in tent.
they vegged for a while, and got root bound in a half g pot, I was trying to buy time until I had more room, so there was a few weeks of having almost zero growth! unfortunately my flower room is ig much bigger than my veg room, so I have issues getting perfectly perpetual, but soon I'll have more veg lights and be able to keep up!

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
they vegged for a while, and got root bound in a half g pot, I was trying to buy time until I had more room, so there was a few weeks of having almost zero growth! unfortunately my flower room is ig much bigger than my veg room, so I have issues getting perfectly perpetual, but soon I'll have more veg lights and be able to keep up!
I'm veg'n in a 2x4 converted bakers rack and flowering in 3x3, so I know what ya mean.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Awesome experiment my man.
Saved me from doing it. Lmfao, I'll just watch and see what you get, then adjust accordingly. Lol.
I'm actually doing one more on my grow, I'm working on it now, I've been asked about growing 2 different Strains in the same pot!

so I figured why not, I've got 30g sip set up. and I'm planting 1 gg4, and 1 stardawg into it! I'm going to keep them as a mother for a few months so I can make some space! I know while in the sips virtually nothing can go wrong, well at least nothing has yet, and my soil was very bad off! so I figured a mix of a few bagged soils and some living teas to give it a kick start, and I should be able to keep these two mothers going for some time!

I'm just hoping the gg4 doesn't wind up swamping the stardawg!CM190417-165508002.jpg

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
I'm actually doing one more on my grow, I'm working on it now, I've been asked about growing 2 different Strains in the same pot!

so I figured why not, I've got 30g sip set up. and I'm planting 1 gg4, and 1 stardawg into it! I'm going to keep them as a mother for a few months so I can make some space! I know while in the sips virtually nothing can go wrong, well at least nothing has yet, and my soil was very bad off! so I figured a mix of a few bagged soils and some living teas to give it a kick start, and I should be able to keep these two mothers going for some time!

I'm just hoping the gg4 doesn't wind up swamping the stardawg!View attachment 3841
Everything looks great. Im a big fan of living soil... beautiful color on the ladies. you may be interested in this https://buildasoil.com/products/colorado-worm-company-vermicompost

Highsince76

Super Active Member
the first of many experiments is under way!

what your seeing below is 2 totes made from farm soil, 2 totes made from bag soil, and one of each, has a air hose and a air stone in the rez!

strains are all cherry mom (cbd strain) View attachment 3838View attachment 3839
Interesting. I'll definitely follow.
What actually is the "farm" and "bag" soil.
I envision the "farm" soil as a tote being filled in the cover of darkness from the neighbors field . The "bag" as FFOF or maybe Wal Mart organic.
There is some areas of the country that has some really nice soil. Could compete with a lot of cheaper bag soil.