Green's Probiotic Method

Green_256

What's a SIP?
also for you guys that have followed my last few threads, you have heard me saying how I don't use an air stone inside of my rez, my reasoning for this was, that em1 is anerobic! so putting an air stone in it couldn't be good!

well I was wrong! and I'm sorry! technically I wasn't 100% right or wrong, I spoke with a guy who tried to explain that basically something happens when em1 is aerated inside a reservoir! it doesn't make it go bad, like what would happen if you let a compost tea go anaerobic!

from what I understood, it changes completely! and turns into something else! so in order to understand if this is good or bad, I'm going to be running that side by side as well! same strain, same soil. same everything! but one will have an air stone and one will not!

TIME TO PUT THIS DEBATE TO REST! HOPEFULLY HAVE SOME ANSWERS FOR YOUR GUYS BY THE END OF THIS CYCLE! ONCE AND FOR ALL, AIRSTONE IN THE REZ WHEN USING EM1 OR NOT!!!

CM190301-174152002.jpgCM181113-200141004.jpg

Green_256

What's a SIP?
I don't think you'll get water roots without aeration.
I kinda already did, but the "floor" was blocking most! if you look closely at the pics from my break down of my last sip design, I Cleary had a few roots inside the rez, just most couldn't find their way into it!

check this pic, this breakdown was from 2 or 3 designs ago, and alot of the roots were inside the "wick"!(sorry I didn't take a pic of breaking that circle thing pictures in half) so I can for sure get water roots without the air stone, and even in my newest design breakdown, I already achieved some, just not enough to be responsible for the amazing growth I had!CM181124-210136002.jpg

and here man, this is the newest breakdown, I got a lot more roots during this run, but still no where near what I'm looking for!
CM190308-083432002.jpgCM190308-083802009.jpg

Green_256

What's a SIP?
that's the entire reason I think this new design, will smash all before it! there is no floor! there is nothing stopping the roots from circling at the very bottom of the rez! I'm not using any over flow hole! and nothing truly separating the rez, from the soil!

a major issue I have been worried about, is the lack of air that will be in the rez, as we all know, roots require some amount of air! that's also why I went with a 2" fill tube, it's directly into the black hose thing st the bottom! and has slits cut in the tip that's in the black tube thing, my hopes for this, was to allow air to run the length of the rez! the tips of that same black tube, are sealed off with allow chz cloth to prevent any vermiculite from filling up the space inside!

I'll get more pics Tomorrow, of the exact details of the build! not posting these pics on full, bc they have already been posted here...

Attachments

Green_256

What's a SIP?
So for you farm sip design, couldn't you do the same thing but with long troughs like used to feed cattle etc. My uncle's ranch we'd have feeder troughs about 2 ft wide, 2 ft tall and 12 ft long. Couple of the same for water for them. Auto fill top off valve to keep water troughs full.
I can't say I'm following man, just bc I'm working on a farm, don't mean I know shit about it! I literally know nothing about farming or cows, but tomorrow I'll show that to the boss man, and he can show me what your talking about we can discuss it, and tomorrow evening I'll get back to you on that!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Basically I was trying to describe doing your new sip design using much larger containers. Picture a 12 ft long 2 ft wide by 2 ft tall with your black pipe setup in the bottom. Your same design but much bigger overall.
yes boss man may be in love with that lol

I'll show and talk to him tomorrow! but I'll be in trim jail most of the day, that dam gg4 is huge, and potent af

Last edited:

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Where do you send your soil samples off too and how much does it run? Turn around time? Do they offer amendments you need to make to the soil to balance it?

Green_256

What's a SIP?
Where do you send your soil samples off too and how much does it run? Turn around time? Do they offer amendments you need to make to the soil to balance it?
lol sadly that's been on my list to do for months! still haven't done that. just so many things on my plate I'll get to it!

thankfully the life in my method actually fixes anything wrong with the soil on it own! so that's why it hasn't been too high on my to do list!

but I've heard great things about Logan labs, and soil savy! I will probably using both of them! sorry i can't answer your other questions.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
it's truly like magic lol! I put the soil the tote while it's all outta wack, and somehow something in this method just fixes it on its own, I have been experiencing some sulfur issues for the first 2 weeks when I plant into the sip, I've been doing foliar sprays of epsom and tm-7, fixes the issue very fast, usually after 2 weeks, I never have another problem! I wish I could explain it better, and over time I will be able too, but for right now, thats all I know!

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't think you'll get water roots without aeration.
He should, people have grown in the kratky method for a while now with no aeration.

I have had roots from mother plants myself grow out of bottom of 10 gal pots and into the drain saucers as long as their is some standing run off in it.

Drain tile in fields can get stopped up with roots. Here is a thread here talking about it.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
it's truly like magic lol! I put the soil the tote while it's all outta wack, and somehow something in this method just fixes it on its own, I have been experiencing some sulfur issues for the first 2 weeks when I plant into the sip, I've been doing foliar sprays of epsom and tm-7, fixes the issue very fast, usually after 2 weeks, I never have another problem! I wish I could explain it better, and over time I will be able too, but for right now, thats all I know!

Maybe because the new growth roots hadn't ventured out far enough and grown the tiny hairs it needs to take in the nutes it needs?

Green_256

What's a SIP?
He should, people have grown in the kratky method for a while now with no aeration.

I have had roots from mother plants myself grow out of bottom of 10 gal pots and into the drain saucers as long as their is some standing run off in it.

Drain tile in fields can get stopped up with roots. Here is a thread here talking about it.

mind explaining what the kratky method is? never heard of that before.

Green_256

What's a SIP?
and here is a few different designs from different ppl that I've saved, in order to maybe help perfect mine, or just to have for ideas!

and I apologize that I can't remember exactly who to give credit to for these pics and designs I know it's different ppl, and for that I'm sorry, I save tons of pics that aren't mine for ideas! but to be clear (if somehow you still haven't figured this out) these are not my pictures or my designs!270271272273274275