Full Auto Drain-To-Waste System

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
UPDATE : Starting to flower the 3rd crop on this system , this time with a pair of the A5 Killer Haze ( Northern Lights dominant pheno) ( first clones from the mother, which was and is delicious). Really psyched for this round.

IMG_1464.jpg

The system has been working without any issues. As long as I make sure the nutrient tanks don't go dry and that the drain is clear, there is literally nothing else to do other than cleaning the system and lines between crops with a bleach solution. I never check PPM or Ph because the recipe is always fresh and identical. I added two Hygger Mini Wave Makers recently, which really helps keep things mixed up and helps prevents accumulation of salts on the bottom of the tank. Looks like I need to add some Thrive Alive here!

IMG_1471.jpg

These are the flood-type watering heads I made with PVC parts. There are 4 3/8" "nozzles" that pump out 3 gallons per plant in two minutes. These will never clog, and provide a much better flushing effect than trickle-type feeders IMO. The big PVC pipes are just to keep things level so that the feed is even. The two blues valves allow fine tuning the output if it's not even.

IMG_1468.jpg

The plants are fed twice a day.
Yes this setup uses more nutrient that a traditional hydro setup. That's about the only downside. But I've never had the same quality results with recirculating hydro and WAY more health issues. Very happy with this working out!

IMG_1467.jpg

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot
UPDATE : Starting to flower the 3rd crop on this system , this time with a pair of the A5 Killer Haze ( Northern Lights dominant pheno) ( first clones from the mother, which was and is delicious). Really psyched for this round.

View attachment 98162

The system has been working without any issues. As long as I make sure the nutrient tanks don't go dry and that the drain is clear, there is literally nothing else to do other than cleaning the system and lines between crops with a bleach solution. I never check PPM or Ph because the recipe is always fresh and identical. I added two Hygger Mini Wave Makers recently, which really helps keep things mixed up and helps prevents accumulation of salts on the bottom of the tank. Looks like I need to add some Thrive Alive here!

View attachment 98163

These are the flood-type watering heads I made with PVC parts. There are 4 3/8" "nozzles" that pump out 3 gallons per plant in two minutes. These will never clog, and provide a much better flushing effect than trickle-type feeders IMO. The big PVC pipes are just to keep things level so that the feed is even. The two blues valves allow fine tuning the output if it's not even.

View attachment 98164

The plants are fed twice a day.
Yes this setup uses more nutrient that a traditional hydro setup. That's about the only downside. But I've never had the same quality results with recirculating hydro and WAY more health issues. Very happy with this working out!

View attachment 98165
Awesome setup! What did that auto doser set you back price wise?you like the ease of use or it take a bit to dial that thing in?

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Awesome setup! What did that auto doser set you back price wise?you like the ease of use or it take a bit to dial that thing in?
This one is the Jebao Aquarium Dosing Pump (DP-5) - $99 Amazon Link

All you have to do is a simple calibration procedure with each pump to make sure it's putting out the right amount, and then figure out how much of each nutrient you need for the number of gallons of water you are using. It's really simple. Using the clear tanks with the gradations helps you see that the nutrients are in fact getting used!

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot

All you have to do is a simple calibration procedure with each pump to make sure it's putting out the right amount, and then figure out how much of each nutrient you need for the number of gallons of water you are using. It's really simple. Using the clear tanks with the gradations helps you see that the nutrients are in fact getting used!
Damm I think I might get that.iv been wanting to play around with an auto doser and that's in my price range.thanks for that link and information brother.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

Dude, your an asset to this community. I tried to write software in college. The shits tough. I'm interested in trying to fully automate someday. I had dreams of the raspberry ic at one point before I had a kid and real job 😄

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I have to thank choco8 for that tip on the wave makers. I use a different system but have a 25 gallon static res that I was having to clean every few days from nasty build up as the nuits have microbes in it and kept getting this slime build up. Had a regular pump from a clone machine for the bottom added a wave maker for the side that you suggested and I am on the second week and nuits are clear with no side or bottom build up.

thanks