Fucking YouTubers

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
NL #5 "matures" fast,(alternating nodes) plus it is a fast flowering breed with huge colas. Yet, it's still a "photo-period" plant. Around 8 weeks.
12/12 from seed is about the only way to grow some pure sativas, because of 14-16 week+ flowering periods. Those "equator"origins. lol
I started doin it due to Gu's old stardog male habit of never finishing or throwing white pistils 12 weeks plus. I avoid the sat heavy doms due to both effect and growth/flower times.

Proud420

NL #5 "matures" fast,(alternating nodes) plus it is a fast flowering breed with huge colas. Yet, it's still a "photo-period" plant. Around 8 weeks.
12/12 from seed is about the only way to grow some pure sativas, because of 14-16 week+ flowering periods. Those "equator"origins. lol
I do like crazy sativa and do at least a run a year:
12/12 from seed is not the only way.

Saying 12/12 from seeds is the only way to go is absolutely wrong: if you like you can even scrog an old mom if you factor in the endless stretch.
Then if you want to go straight into flower you would rather start from sexed clones than from seeds... And about 12/12, you can get them going faster by chosing an shorter light on time like 10/14 or 11/13...

SJ_Distiller

Just to touch on the original post--there is an awful lot of bad/questionable/disparate information out there. For example, flushing at the end of a grow--some swear by it while others claim you are wasting an opprtunity to bulk up the buds. Defoliating--many swear by this but others, including Jorge Cervantes, advocate leaving them alone, that they act like solar panels in providing energy to the rest of the plant. Sometimes I feel like I am being whipsawed between two poles. Using Miracle Gro is blasphemous for growing cannabis (in some circles) but i currently am growing 4 autos in potting soil--2 are in 100% Fox Farm Ocean Forest, one is 50/50 FF and Miracle Gro, and the fourth is in 100% Miracle Gro (I ran out of FF so had to use MG). I cannot really tell a difference between them, so in this very limited data point, I can conclude that Miracle Gro is no worse than FF for growing cannabis.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Just to touch on the original post--there is an awful lot of bad/questionable/disparate information out there. For example, flushing at the end of a grow--some swear by it while others claim you are wasting an opprtunity to bulk up the buds. Defoliating--many swear by this but others, including Jorge Cervantes, advocate leaving them alone, that they act like solar panels in providing energy to the rest of the plant. Sometimes I feel like I am being whipsawed between two poles. Using Miracle Gro is blasphemous for growing cannabis (in some circles) but i currently am growing 4 autos in potting soil--2 are in 100% Fox Farm Ocean Forest, one is 50/50 FF and Miracle Gro, and the fourth is in 100% Miracle Gro (I ran out of FF so had to use MG). I cannot really tell a difference between them, so in this very limited data point, I can conclude that Miracle Gro is no worse than FF for growing cannabis.
Yep and to add to your theory of misinformation how many hours of light do you run your Autos at ? You’ll hear several different theories on that one as well. I run mine 24 hrs and have had solid results . I had one dickhead tell me it was cruel to run my plants under 24 hours light as it wasn’t natural . Like running plants indoors is natural to start with ?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I do like crazy sativa and do at least a run a year:
12/12 from seed is not the only way.

Saying 12/12 from seeds is the only way to go is absolutely wrong: if you like you can even scrog an old mom if you factor in the endless stretch.
Then if you want to go straight into flower you would rather start from sexed clones than from seeds... And about 12/12, you can get them going faster by chosing an shorter light on time like 10/14 or 11/13...
Sorry, I didn't mean the "only" way to grow Sativas. lol
Most growers can't wait 6 months to harvest their flower. It is just easier to start pure sativas in flower early or from straight 12/12.
Not trying to push "false info" here.

F series

Insanely Active Member
I agree they would do better up-potted sooner, I just don’t have the room.

I’d leave them in these tiny pots, except I don’t want to have to water twice a day.

If this works out OK, I may look for some half gallon pots or something in between what I’ve got now for future runs.
I've had a 30 inch sativa in a 1gallon pot.
1 gallon can grow monsters. And I use soil

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Thats cause fox farm sucks and might as well be miracle grow which is nothing more than ground up tree bark

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I started out in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog and never understood why so many people swear by it. The amount of tree bark in the ocean forest is crazy and i always had issues with it going hydrophobic on me.
Not to mention my local guy I gave a few seeds fuked up and got spider mites from that shit. I used it once and got a good batch. Used it again and it was terrible. All tree bark and very little loam at all.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I started out in Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog and never understood why so many people swear by it. The amount of tree bark in the ocean forest is crazy and i always had issues with it going hydrophobic on me.
I'm growing organic, nothing fancy just OMRI listed nutes, no salts. I have been using the FFHF with good results, but I only use it new for babies, and recycled soil for later up-potting. I tried shifting to Roots Organic because of gnats to see if there was a difference and I didn't notice it. Find your personal solution for gnats on the first use, then the recycled soil is good.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not to mention my local guy I gave a few seeds fuked up and got spider mites from that shit. I used it once and got a good batch. Used it again and it was terrible. All tree bark and very little loam at all.
I think a lot depends on where you get it and how it was stored prior to shipment. On a pallet outdoors at the Big Box store is probably not a good option.

F series

Insanely Active Member
I'm growing organic, nothing fancy just OMRI listed nutes, no salts. I have been using the FFHF with good results, but I only use it new for babies, and recycled soil for later up-potting. I tried shifting to Roots Organic because of gnats to see if there was a difference and I didn't notice it. Find your personal solution for gnats on the first use, then the recycled soil is good.
I'm going to try weed blocker when I pot up, I think it's gonna work well, we shall see.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What’s a good soil to use?
What I have now is a mixture of FFHF and RO Greenfields. and both were used separately prior. I have a sack of both new for baby plants. Not really sold on any one soil, but both are convenient and cheaper than the ProMix which I hear is also good. Build-a-soil is a hole you can dive into and get some great results after a substantial initial investment. Not worth it for me as a hobby grower, but if you re-use soil and like organic it's probably a good investment.

I think consistency and drainage are more important than how charged the soil is or what microbial crap they say they include. Probably a list of naturally occurring microbes that happen to be there. I would rather the soil be neutral and just don't fuck my plants up. I'll add what I want them to eat...

The pH of the soil is important, and so far I haven't had issues there from any manufacturer.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
ProMix is WAY cheaper than any of the pre-mixed soils like Fox Farms or Bluesky. At least where I’m from.... it’s essentially just peat moss and perlite.
In areas of the country where it ain't legal what is available at the store is different - even the national chains. Home Despot actually has the Fox Farms now online for an arm and a leg. No one in rural east bum-fuck is paying $30 for a sack of soil to grow 'maters in so Wally World and Slowes don't generally keep it in stock.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My "local" hydro store has a great supply at a decent price, but it's a 45min drive one way and down-town traffic to fuck with.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
What’s a good soil to use?
I’ve been using soil from two different companies, mixed together based on a recommendation from the guy at my local shop, and I’ve been really happy with it. I mix up a 1:1 mix of Elevation Organics Basecamp soil and Nectar For The Gods #4. When the grow is harvested I break the soil back up, put it in a bin, and mix in some Elevation Organics Mountain Blossoms Vegetaion fertilizer (1tsp/gal of soil), wet it down to where it feels like it did when new, and then cover it in plastic and let it cook for awhile.

ProMix is WAY cheaper than any of the pre-mixed soils like Fox Farms or Bluesky. At least where I’m from.... it’s essentially just peat moss and perlite.
I used to grow in ProMix HP and it’s great to grow in with liquid nutrients. It was my favorite to grow in before I went organic and tried my current blend.