Fucking YouTubers

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’ve been using soil from two different companies, mixed together based on a recommendation from the guy at my local shop, and I’ve been really happy with it. I mix up a 1:1 mix of Elevation Organics Basecamp soil and Nectar For The Gods #4. When the grow is harvested I break the soil back up, put it in a bin, and mix in some Elevation Organics Mountain Blossoms Vegetaion fertilizer (1tsp/gal of soil), wet it down to where it feels like it did when new, and then cover it in plastic and let it cook for awhile.

I used to grow in ProMix HP and it’s great to grow in with liquid nutrients. It was my favorite to grow in before I went organic and tried my current blend.
I’m new to the Pro Mix - this is my first go in it.

Can you tell me any details about your watering when in Pro Mix? I’ve been watering till run-Off and the plants don’t seem to mind it, but they only need watering like once a week max, which is weird to me.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I’m new to the Pro Mix - this is my first go in it.

Can you tell me any details about your watering when in Pro Mix? I’ve been watering till run-Off and the plants don’t seem to mind it, but they only need watering like once a week max, which is weird to me.
When I ran it in 5 gal fabric pots, I watered every 3-5 days and always until runoff, but I also mixed in a gallon of perlite for every 4 gallons of ProMix.

SJ_Distiller

Yep and to add to your theory of misinformation how many hours of light do you run your Autos at ? You’ll hear several different theories on that one as well. I run mine 24 hrs and have had solid results . I had one dickhead tell me it was cruel to run my plants under 24 hours light as it wasn’t natural . Like running plants indoors is natural to start with ?
There is the theory that plants need a dark period for certain metabolic pathways that can't run in the presence of light but I have no idea what the basis is for that. I am currently running my autos on a 20/4 schedule, and they are doing fine. I will try the 24 hour cycle next time.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
There is the theory that plants need a dark period for certain metabolic pathways that can't run in the presence of light but I have no idea what the basis is for that. I am currently running my autos on a 20/4 schedule, and they are doing fine. I will try the 24 hour cycle next time.
The dark reactions of the calvin cycle don't need darkness but they happen more efficiently if photosynthesis isn't happening (Most efficient in a 4 hour cycle).

Calvin cycles 3 stages

Stage 1: Carbon Fixation

It starts when carbon in the form of carbon dioxide enters through minute pores in the leaves called stomata, where they diffuse into the stroma of the chloroplast. Next, they combine with a five-carbon molecule ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate (RuBP) to form an unstable six-carbon intermediate that breaks down to form two 3-phosphoglyceric acid (3-PGA) molecules. This step of the Calvin cycle is catalyzed by the enzyme RuBP carboxylase/oxygenase, also known as rubisco.

Stage 2: Reduction
Using the energy from ATP, the three-carbon compound, 3-PGA molecules, produced in the carbon fixation stage, are converted into a three-carbon sugar glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate (G3P). This step involves the enzyme glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase, in which NADPH from light reaction acts as the electron donor.

Stage 3: Regeneration
This is the final stage of the Calvin cycle that starts with G3P, the end product of the entire pathway. Some G3P is utilized in making glucose, while others are recycled to continue the cycle by combining with a carbon acceptor that turns into RuBP. The energy required to regenerate G3P is derived from ATP.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not really a theory. It's science. That said we can do lots of things that are not beneficial that won't kill us. Auto's are already genetically modified to be on a countdown clock so why not?

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
@J.James just got that rock island, I think I'm going to plant a whole seed pack, for the first time.
We shall see, if you got any tips on it, feel free to let me know, I grow with f series Samsung strips (y) :love:
Its a true Chem line so it will throw new white hairs all the way up to harvest. Was a little sensitive to nitrogen past the second week of flower much like the haze lines so back off the nutrients the second week of flower and watch the leaf tips for direction. Medium stretch, should lean sativa 60%

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Correct, Its a plant on a flower timer. Just don't want to start spreading "Autoflowers are GMO plants" rumors.
Just meant that it was purposefully - genetically mixed - with ruderalis to produce a desired effect. The genetics of the THC-bearing plant were modified to make them auto-flowering.

GMO is not always a bad thing. Plants bred to be disease resistant, or pest resistent are modified. Technically, crossing strains is messing with the genetics.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
ProMix is WAY cheaper than any of the pre-mixed soils like Fox Farms or Bluesky. At least where I’m from.... it’s essentially just peat moss and perlite.
I bought 3 bales of Pro-Mix, enough for 180 1gal pots and 20ft of "weed barrier" for 89.00 from the Amish greenhouse a few miles from my home.
You can't beat the price. I use Grow Kashi, 20 bucks a bag and WOW inoculum. You will have a very active biosphere. The plants respond great to this. If you add Mykos, plants can use the nitrogen out of the air too. I think this is right product. ???
Nitrogen-fixing bacteria in the soil and within the root nodules of some plants convert nitrogen gas in the atmosphere to ammonia. Nitrifying bacteria convert ammonia to nitrites or nitrates. Ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are all fixed nitrogen and can be absorbed by plants.

Last edited:

Skunkle Justin

ProMix is WAY cheaper than any of the pre-mixed soils like Fox Farms or Bluesky. At least where I’m from.... it’s essentially just peat moss and perlite.
There is a wetting agent in it too of some sort to prevent hydrophobia . I can’t say what it is though. Anyone know what it is?

Skunkle Justin

Just meant that it was purposefully - genetically mixed - with ruderalis to produce a desired effect. The genetics of the THC-bearing plant were modified to make them auto-flowering.

GMO is not always a bad thing. Plants bred to be disease resistant, or pest resistent are modified. Technically, crossing strains is messing with the genetics.
People have been creating GMOs for the last 30,000 years roughly. Whenever we selectively breed something (crops, livestock, pets) we are waiting for nature to throw some kind of desirable mutations, which may or may not be good or healthy for the organism, that we want to introduce into the breeding gene pool. This takes an incredible amount of time and resources for the farmer which is seen in the market price of the item. We love to see and purchase mutated and twisted dogs like Pugs or oversized monsters with defective hearts like Great Danes. For whatever reason though, when people use CRISPR to create a strain of blight resistant corn so the farmer can go from a 30% projected loss to 5% everyone freaks out because some advertisement on a Facebook video says GMOs are bad. Everyone needs to stop falling for the “”GMO free” marketing campaign. That’s my dumb-ass rant about that

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
People have been creating GMOs for the last 30,000 years roughly. Whenever we selectively breed something (crops, livestock, pets) we are waiting for nature to throw some kind of desirable mutations, which may or may not be good or healthy for the organism, that we want to introduce into the breeding gene pool. This takes an incredible amount of time and resources for the farmer which is seen in the market price of the item. We love to see and purchase mutated and twisted dogs like Pugs or oversized monsters with defective hearts like Great Danes. For whatever reason though, when people use CRISPR to create a strain of blight resistant corn so the farmer can go from a 30% projected loss to 5% everyone freaks out because some advertisement on a Facebook video says GMOs are bad. Everyone needs to stop falling for the “”GMO free” marketing campaign. That’s my dumb-ass rant about that
I think GMO is more frowned upon in animals. Chickens bred fro fat breasts or big wings that no longer resemble a chicken is an example.

D

Deleted member 60

Its a true Chem line so it will throw new white hairs all the way up to harvest. Was a little sensitive to nitrogen past the second week of flower much like the haze lines so back off the nutrients the second week of flower and watch the leaf tips for direction. Medium stretch, should lean sativa 60%
Are you seeing occasional leaf verigation where one half of the leaf is green and the other half (split down the middle) is more yellow? The real deal Chem D(awg) cut from 15+ years ago (or is it 20 now?) does this on some cultivars and it the true indicator of Chem D(awg) in the garden. (it also takes 3 weeks to root from clone) The cut I had for years did this on about 25% of the plants. Definitely weird the first time ya see it.

Attachments