Fucking weather!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Got hit with a nor’easter and power has been out since midnight. Eversource is saying we may be without power for “multiple days” and 2 of the 3 generators I have won’t start, and the one that will seems to be having a fuel delivery issue because it shuts down after a few minutes. Changed the filter, verified the lines aren’t clogged, and drained the carburetor bowl with no change. Opened up the Sangria Cookies tent yo keep the humidity at bay and will likely just chop and hang those if the power isn’t back tonight. I’m not too concerned about the other tent of CBD that is in early flower since they got seeded. I’ll chop those and start over if I have to. Also had a huge limb from our 220 year old maple come down on the barn and damaged the roof pretty bad.

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
Got hit with a nor’easter and power has been out since midnight. Eversource is saying we may be without power for “multiple days” and 2 of the 3 generators I have won’t start, and the one that will seems to be having a fuel delivery issue because it shuts down after a few minutes. Changed the filter, verified the lines aren’t clogged, and drained the carburetor bowl with no change. Opened up the Sangria Cookies tent yo keep the humidity at bay and will likely just chop and hang those if the power isn’t back tonight. I’m not too concerned about the other tent of CBD that is in early flower since they got seeded. I’ll chop those and start over if I have to. Also had a huge limb from our 220 year old maple come down on the barn and damaged the roof pretty bad.
Dam bro! That sucks ass!. Sorry to hear. Hopefully a little good luck heads your way.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Check your "slow/idle jet. Most likely clogged.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Fucking suxors TFC. I feel sorry for any outdoor growers in OK that still have plants outside today. 60MPH + gusts and gully washing rain all day long.
View attachment 100771
We had 88mph gusts here and where my sister lives hit 94mph. I haven’t seen this kind of damage out this way in a long time. I’m just glad we aren’t dealing with freezing temperatures right now. It’s supposed to drop to about 48°F tonight and PJs, a sweatshirt, and blankets should keep us warm. Tomorrow I’ll tackle that fuckin’ generator again. I was just getting too cold and wet to deal with it anymore tonight.

We had 88mph gusts here and where my sister lives hit 94mph. I haven’t seen this kind of damage out this way in a long time. I’m just glad we aren’t dealing with freezing temperatures right now. It’s supposed to drop to about 48°F tonight and PJs, a sweatshirt, and blankets should keep us warm. Tomorrow I’ll tackle that fuckin’ generator again. I was just getting too cold and wet to deal with it anymore tonight.
Oi, hang tough out there tfc... And WOW your sis is basically dealing with a Category 2 hurricane! Oh, I know this sounds dumb but did you check the oil on your gen that won't stay running? If it's low and you have an oil alert sensor it might be tripping and shutting it down on you.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Oi, hang tough out there tfc... And WOW your sis is basically dealing with a Category 2 hurricane! Oh, I know this sounds dumb but did you check the oil on your gen that won't stay running? If it's low and you have an oil alert sensor it might be tripping and shutting it down on you.
Just got off the phone with my boss and he brought that oil sensor up, too. I did add some oil but I may not have added enough. He said the switch could be faulty, too, and to bypass it to see if it stays running and that will confirm if it’s the switch.

D

Deleted member 60

Damn. I hear similar stories from a friend in Marblehead. Missed her house but yanked the power lines off the house/down into the yahhhhhhhd.

Cool as fuck house though man. If Sabbath/Ozzy make another album.....that first pic is a shoe in.:ROFLMAO: "What is this that stands before me..?"

Hope ya get something goin on the generator front........

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I got a welder we use as generator, gettin a new carb or fuel filter as we speak. Used and worked in an ice storm previously for 4 days or so. Trying to save up for electrician to do the special plug thing at the meter or close I think. Out in boonies with wood heat and gas cook and wall unit, we can weather some storms, fuck the ice and tornadies or high winds, tho

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
What's the name of your generator. What brand of engine? I been working on lawn mower engines this summer. Like to see what the carb looks like. Heisen is right about the fuel. Did you take the tank off. That fuel filter could be clogged inside the tank.
It’s an old Winco from the 70s or 80s with a Briggs & Stratton. Getting it to run should be stupid simple but I’ve never seen this carburetor setup before so I’m afraid to adjust anything too far. I can’t find an oil shutoff switch anywhere on it so it’s probably old enough to where one wasn’t installed. I timed it today and the longest it would run was 3.5 minutes and then it would shut down. Oil is full, gas is clean, I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the lines and fuel valve out, I’d it looks like it’s getting flinty of gas through that filter while it’s running. Thankfully a neighbor let me grab his generator at around noon and is letting me use it until 8pm so I can get the house heated up, the fridge/freezer cooled back down, and a shower. They are saying we might have power back tonight so I’m crossing my fingers.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
It’s an old Winco from the 70s or 80s with a Briggs & Stratton. Getting it to run should be stupid simple but I’ve never seen this carburetor setup before so I’m afraid to adjust anything too far. I can’t find an oil shutoff switch anywhere on it so it’s probably old enough to where one wasn’t installed. I timed it today and the longest it would run was 3.5 minutes and then it would shut down. Oil is full, gas is clean, I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the lines and fuel valve out, I’d it looks like it’s getting flinty of gas through that filter while it’s running. Thankfully a neighbor let me grab his generator at around noon and is letting me use it until 8pm so I can get the house heated up, the fridge/freezer cooled back down, and a shower. They are saying we might have power back tonight so I’m crossing my fingers.
some gens only run for a short time without a load on the gen,tv,frig, and the lighted tree!