Fruit and vegetable gardens 2024

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After battling the chipmunks and randomly good/bad soil next year is pots. Tomatoes and peppers. Cloth pots have not been messed with by the chipmunks so all my old pots will get used. I can still bury them and let the roots go feral but some rootballs have been demolished by tunneling and others by soil that dries toooooo quick or tree roots drinking the water. .

I am starting all the cheapo raised beds I have as worm bins/potting soil for next year.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a new round of flowers and baby peppers on several plants so I took all the adults. The best producers by far have been the Cubanelle, Santa Fe and Agoncagua (cubanelle twin). Also the Annaheim but it just got raped a few days ago. Some random sweet peppers, then the Aji Fantasy hots on the left. I have been waiting for one to turn so I could strip it. The plant has looked horrible from day one but made fruit. If I like these I'll plant more next year but this one is done.

The Principe Borghese determinate tomato gives me one of those trays each day. Because of all the rain I have to pull them as soon as they yellow or they split, but they ripen in three days and are fine. A lot of meat for a cherry size tomato. What I had frozen thawed when the power went out but it was still half frozen so I just made sauce - and got a gallon put away already. not much in it but salt and pepper, and garlic and onion powder to help thicken it a bit. I divide it in pints and it can be spaghetti or chili or soup or whatever. Concentrated like tomato boullion or something rather than canned tomato sauce.

IMG_1331.JPG