Found tiny white spots on my 6” potted moms a

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
It’s spider mites or some tiny bugs living unDer the leaves. I treated the
4x8 mom room with 20 moms first.
Then hit the gorilla glue clones and BrideZilla clones next with a mix of 1 oz to 1 gallon of water.
Me and several refills on the quart spray bottle later and I was done for the first treatment. I flipped the plants upside down and st s angle to spray soak the leaves bottom side first then all the top side down.
I picked up this st the hardware store as my first treatment ASAP .
I order the green cleaner and Azamax to follow up just in case
My scrogged moms are clear and all mature plants are in veg.

Attachments

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
It’s spider mites or some tiny bugs living unDer the leaves. I treated the
4x8 mom room with 20 moms first.
Then hit the gorilla glue clones and BrideZilla clones next with a mix of 1 oz to 1 gallon of water.
Me and several refills on the quart spray bottle later and I was done for the first treatment. I flipped the plants upside down and st s angle to spray soak the leaves bottom side first then all the top side down.
I picked up this st the hardware store as my first treatment ASAP .
I order the green cleaner and Azamax to follow up just in case
My scrogged moms are clear and all mature plants are in veg.
Looks good , sorry to hear about your issue .

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I’m in SoCAL , deserts, 3acre farm life. We have aphids and mites and all living types of insects
Ladybugs you name it. I try not to use treatments until I identify the targets
Then it’s full on at the earliest. Aphids are drawn to high imbalances of nitrogen input to environment. ( grower) induced.
I took these plants all
Outside while I did lighting work in each areas. So I know how all the clean plants got mites started.
I hit all the 6” potted moms & clones already. Tonight all the 10” scrogged moms get the same treatment tonight some 15 plants. 😊🌱👍. Thanks for the shoutout of support😊👍🌺

Last edited:

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
The thing with spider mites is they are like the borg. They adapt to sprays.
Most times in the end you loose everything to them. After you drive yourself crazy trying to kill them.
Lady bugs and predator mites are a safer bet...if your in flower as don't forget what ever you spray on buds...you will be smoking.
Really the best thing to do is loose everything and start over. Clean everything top to bottom and all equipment.
When you visit your room...don't wear the clothes or footware that you had on outside...as you can put those into your grow without knowing. Animals...aka pets to they can bring them into your grow.
Never take your plants outside and back into a grow area indoors.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Hack it down😱😱😱😱 . I can do that real all easy....😊🌺 I want to be hydro 100% not in dirt... but needed clones to get there. once I finish taking 4 each more clone cuts from the last 15 moms I be golden.
I will see if I win my battles though.
I got 3 separate battle environments.

1 ).
3x4 x9grow space panda paper over framing area .
10 gorilla glue clones 6” pots
10 BrideZilla clones 6”pots

2).
4x8x9 grow space panda paper over wooden 4x8 tray.
(20 )12”-16” moms in 6” pots

3). (15) moms in scrogg three different mobiles
A).
(2) 40” moms in 10” pots scrogged
In a 3x6 mobile tray dolly.
B).
(10) 22” moms in 10” pots scrogged
Sitting on buckets on a 3x10 dolly.
C).
(3) 32” moms in 10” pots scrogged
In a 4x8 grow tray mobile dolly.
Everything even over half of the clones are sexually mature.

All of the 4 cuts for clones all were sexual mature showing before taking.
All still in veg.

Day 1,2,3

I hit all battlefields with the (ortho)Then all will have been treated in first battle.
Days4,5,6
I defoliate large fan leaves in each of the 3 battlefields.

Then the 1st bomb is dropped...
Pyrethrum TR Insecticide fogger 2oz. At night lights off

Day 7,8,9
Start 2nd attack treatment with the green cleaner.
Day 10,11,12
———————

defoliate of the medium size leaves covering flower sites.
Day
attack following up with the Azamax application.
Day 16, 17 ,18
Then the 2nd bomb drops of Pyrethrum TR Insecticide fogger. 2oz at night lights off

So yea, if I don’t win In the trash it can all go as long as my turbokloner remains safe and isolated 😈🌱
I be 100% hydro in 3-4 weeks. Once the turbokloner starts kicking out hot bare root clones like the incubator I want 😈🌱🌱🌱😈

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
If you don’t win. Take fresh cuts off everything and give them a been bath and stick them in quarantine somewhere. Keep them insanely high humidity and spray them completely every day with water and ever week-2 with neem. They’ll probably look shitty from the neem for a bit, but if you do this a couple gens(3+), you can save your library. This is the main reason I hate picking up cuts, they always seem to come with friends of some kind 😂

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Took more cuts for the mom library
Purple cake ad Topanga S1
I also-on the
c). scrog
Defoliated both plants of large fan
Leaves and medium leaves which blocked flower sites.
As well did 1/2 of B). Scrog
the same.i find no physical mites on the scrogged plants.
Tonight I will take 20 more cuts from the B). Scrog for the turbokloner library then defoliate the other 1/2 of
B). Scrog.
Some pics
A). Scrog

B.)Scrog
02ACCE94-8EB5-4182-8AA7-105C871646F1.jpeg
C).Scrog
D15043B2-92B8-4955-B61B-877D99B3B10B.jpeg

Attachments

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Well best of luck to you.
Spidermites will go onto all equipment to if that's what you have....they web all over...I only had them once but they drove me insane lol
That was many years ago now and I myself sure learned a lesson hard...
I only grow from seed because of that issue...I don't accept any clones or buy them...just seed for me.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
That is very clean from seed way to grow perhaps in the future I can develop good enough grower skills to grow from seed straight from the net pot. One day. You know what you just have me the keenest idea to try.
I bet a seed in a fold of rice paper
Would not contaminate the RDWC
And enhance safety of the seeds after they have verified cracked with tap root showing .
😊👍🌱thank you Mr Blamo

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Your very welcome bc ca
Now if you don't see any bugs.....white powdery mold will make white spots to and also wind burn can do that to. Plants in front of fans will get leaf issues. It happens to me but its only the plants in front of fans.
I grow some pretty big buds...so I have to have lots of fans blowing across the tops but I also have a fan that blows air over the top of the pots.Some fan I have turn off after light goes out but there are other fans that never turn off...always air moving around...my exhaust fan and in take fan never shut off. Hydro one loves me because of my grow lol...I have a few rooms not just one lol
But I am wishing you the best and hope your grow turn out well. Your grow area looks real nice to btw.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Just to give a before and after comparison..
Scrog A). Before defoliation
E62E5F7F-AB78-4E9E-9772-34CE81FD2756.jpeg
Scrog A). Today after defoliation
Getting ready for pyrethrins ortho treatment last scrog treated with first treatment.
F8E7387E-3907-410F-A2E9-7FD636BBDBF4.jpeg
So my treatment goes on 1/2 hour before lights out . Ac for room set for 73-75.
Wall Fan is off. Spray bottom upward first then top down. Everything is drenched equipment pan buckets
Scrog net support wood 4x4 and concrete floor. All soaking dripping with battle treatment 1.
The plant in the morning will be leaves pointing upward lol 😆
Just so you know I’m still in veg by choice. 18/6.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
If they were Spider Mites, you need to keep a close eye on those plants, even if you think you got them, they will often pop back up in a couple weeks. It appears that what youre using is pyrethrium, and for me it would knock the shit out of them, but they always came back. They were a bitch to get rid of. You might have to consider starting over. Good Luck.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
I think they’re a little too close together without enough ventilation or air movement, that will help reduce those micro-environments created by crowded plants, at the very least get some negative pressure going and get some air moving through that canopy with a small clip fan or two. If its mites idk thats a tough one. Get some predators or start over and bleach or peroxide everything. I don’t recommend pesticides because youll be smoking that shit

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Everyone has posted a very truthful and probable outcome of not being to overcome this spider mite pests.
I have fully accepted that and I am
Committed to trash it all if my attempt fails. I grow for myself so
I can alawsys simply as I have done before start again but next time only in hydro Rdwc. Ultra clean.
1.) treated all scrogged plants
2).treated all cloned plants
3). Treated all 6” potted mom in pots
Events occurred over a consecutive 4 day period.

The next 2nd treatment will be Pyrethrum fogger
It’s a 2oz application for 3000sqft
My grow room is only 514sft
So it will deliver 6x the intensity per the 1 application. Again at night 1/2 before lights out.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
OK, just a thought here. Spider mites are famous for building up a immunity to a pesticide. If you want to use pyrethrum again I might look into the different Pyrethrum "TR" foggers(4 percent), they are allot stronger than the regular pyrethrum foggers(.5 percent).

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Your right on target and that’s why I purchased these two bad boys.
799DDEA5-375D-4DB7-B328-E768E8EA37E6.jpeg
I got them from here for less than $24.00 a can.
C2A659A9-65A8-4E35-94B1-E8E58B42150A.jpeg
B184FAE7-AF6B-44B7-B6E6-0E6474CF7010.jpeg
Here is a good view of the label it’s at solid 4.0% just like daddy needs..
C2CB537F-D951-4F7C-9BA4-9B168C7B0762.jpeg
46B4FACB-0097-43B9-8C93-72FEC1648A99.jpeg
Finally a pic of what it all kills and
How many soft of treatment per can.
00E57DCB-2A0C-48D0-9C86-F94803463DE4.jpeg
6F66E2FA-9639-43D8-BF51-899933311DAB.jpeg
So I have gone at random through all the plants after treatment not a single spider mite anywhere 😊👍.
I did see in mid air flight 3 gnats at separate times the fogger is going off tonight😈⛈🔥😈⛈🔥😈
No mercy no allowances! Just pure poundage and in 5 more days it will be the green wash treatment as a 3rd battle treatment.
As of now. Spider mites are being wipe out and we will continue the battlefield treatments in full warrior
Mode .... all the best my fellow growers 😊🌱👍

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Well it’s not spider mites. 💥
It’s aphids. There’s a distinct sugary surface left at the damage area.(shiny)
They are dead. No webbing no spider mites just a dead 💀 aphid
I pulled 60+ fan leaves on the 6”potted moms found 2 dead aphids.
B2725AB1-9F64-4E6A-A782-F3D1B242EA46.jpeg
F21F1EB3-A7B3-45A3-83BB-985409D5483E.jpeg
4D2E240A-A96B-49BF-BED6-E6C7249F73AB.jpegK

No flying 3 gnats they are
💀🤨dead😊💕
Btw.... special note of discovery.
At lowes or amy store that sells those 3 step Painters ladder perfect for indoor room garden and inspection of potted plants standing up at eye level. Here are pics.
FA19C306-A9C9-4BF6-824E-27FAF3D645ED.jpeg
Now time to pot this 10” scrogged moms into 20 gallon smart pots

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
20 moms damn can you name some lol when I first started I battled aphids. After having them I felt like no bug will ever be worst than them!
You so right! I went as hardcore naturals as I could. I still have 1 the green wash to finalize a 3 up 3down treatment. I think for me Dirt is just too outdoors oriented to maintain indoor sterile systems. I always keeping ph and O2 levels of water feed at optimal. As well I really wanna lean hard on the flora flex feed rings to maintain good cycle of sustainment. Now that a nine -12
Inch center to center is optimal scrogg fill faster and so will flips.
This is my last flip before Summer.
Just too hot too grow . Will focus on maintaining the clones and getting the ready for veg in net pots or grodan somehow