Fish in a res?

If you want to go the whole aquaponic way you would need to go back to an organic cycle, the bigger the better because it will be more stable.
They will mainly produce N more anything else so maybe not the best only input for flower, but a couple a gold fish in a dark tank could be a nice boost in veg . You will need to feed them and study a bit of the N cycle. The goldfishes maybe be a consumables too .

As Sfrigon said if you want a water only cycle it is easier to go with a living soil... Less trouble
But you can't take away from the difference a plant grows in DWC from soil...I am going to have to really look into it and learn how NPK and the different micro and macro life supports one another. I never ventured down organic and hear its a real PITA for hydroponics but it can be done. But more the hassle then anything but with a successful grow the hassle becomes irrelevant.

Proud420

But you can't take away from the difference a plant grows in DWC from soil...I am going to have to really look into it and learn how NPK and the different micro and macro life supports one another. I never ventured down organic and hear its a real PITA for hydroponics but it can be done. But more the hassle then anything but with a successful grow the hassle becomes irrelevant.
I am not discussing the difference between DWC and soil, just saying that the N cycle of the fish waste will need an organic cycle to be used.
An aquaponic is a complete ecosystem if you want to take shortcuts you can just pee in the res every morning

I am not discussing the difference between DWC and soil, just saying that the N cycle of the fish waste will need an organic cycle to be used.
An aquaponic is a complete ecosystem if you want to take shortcuts you can just pee in the res every morning
Yea my bad....I was just rejecting the organic soil. Just wanted to see if an ecosystem can be established between fish and other organisms in a ponic setup.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
@Evergreengardener would know. I think they use the oxygen. My .02
They use oxygen from water yes, but fish in the res probably not the best idea they will chew on roots! If you were to do this you would need a holding tank for the fish and feed the Rez and pots from the holding tank. However I don’t think a successful (healthy good yielding) harvest would be achievable in hydro without adding supplemental nutrients.

They use oxygen from water yes, but fish in the res probably not the best idea they will chew on roots! If you were to do this you would need a holding tank for the fish and feed the Rez and pots from the holding tank. However I don’t think a successful (healthy good yielding) harvest would be achievable in hydro without adding supplemental nutrients.
I figured it was a far fetched idea but was just curious if there was a way that they would support one another. Like said above....probably doable but not worth the effort to actually do it.