First time grow tent purchase?

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
the viperspectras is 100% the best budget Tents,

ive owned a few other brands including VIVOSUN and they all had zipper light leaks.
The trick is to corn starch iron the zipper covers inside the tent that are supposed to be stopping the leaks. when closing the tents always close the tent with the open flap(door) inside the tent while closing..
Thanks for the tip👍

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I just go with the fusion brand 600D,have multiples and the one is 3 years old,zero problems...gorilla is for rich people
I buy these now....but its because 5 foot 2 exactly fits. LOL This is a brand i believe is in Canada only (branded for the Growlights.CA store).

Fusion makes a short line that is 150cm tall which is 5 foot 2 :D

They work. The interior on the brand new ones is really nice too. It has a dimpled thing going on that is incredibly reflective.

a 2 x 2 or 20 x 36 inch tent is 89 and 99 respectively(free shipping at 89). And im loving that LED board i got. the PERFECT light for either of those tents.

And the tips are GREAT...I chase that stupid zipper 50% of the time and sometimes both of the are jammed on flaps.. put it inside first ...what an idea!

Prairiefarmer

Grower of mids
I buy these now....but its because 5 foot 2 exactly fits. LOL This is a brand i believe is in Canada only (branded for the Growlights.CA store).

Fusion makes a short line that is 150cm tall which is 5 foot 2 :D

They work. The interior on the brand new ones is really nice too. It has a dimpled thing going on that is incredibly reflective.

a 2 x 2 or 20 x 36 inch tent is 89 and 99 respectively(free shipping at 89). And im loving that LED board i got. the PERFECT light for either of those tents.

And the tips are GREAT...I chase that stupid zipper 50% of the time and sometimes both of the are jammed on flaps.. put it inside first ...what an idea!
Yup that's where i buy quite a few supplies from,as i haven't found anyone in canada cheaper.My 2x 4 for seedling and cuts is 5 feet tall.The grow till flip tents must be pushing 7 feet tall ?? I know im 6'1" and im not bending over,and still have some head room👍

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I needed a cheap 2x2. I got an off-brand (hydro crunch) because it was just for veg, not as worried about light getting in and stuff.

It is well made except for the zipper. The zipper works fine, but like the gorilla tents you have to completely unzip and separate the two parts of the zipper to open the door. I personally don't like that feature. Too much hassle for as many times as I get in there. the doors where the zipper does not come apart are much easier to deal with.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I needed a cheap 2x2. I got an off-brand (hydro crunch) because it was just for veg, not as worried about light getting in and stuff.

It is well made except for the zipper. The zipper works fine, but like the gorilla tents you have to completely unzip and separate the two parts of the zipper to open the door. I personally don't like that feature. Too much hassle for as many times as I get in there. the doors where the zipper does not come apart are much easier to deal with.
Agreed 100% I like the crescent zipper doors. That’s the only thing I’d change on the Gorilla I think :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Agreed 100% I like the crescent zipper doors. That’s the only thing I’d change on the Gorilla I think :)
Yeah, I'm glad it was cheap because it, the XB200, and the vivosun 4" rattle-fan exhaust are all getting sidelined as soon as I get a new light.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
When you are buying a tent it's better to buy two small tents rather than one large one. If you are considering a 4x4 get two 2x4s instead. You are going to want to have a tent for veg and one for flower so you can run plants all the time rather than cycling a single tent from veg to flower and back. Plus two lights for a 2x4 are less than a light for a 4x4. You'll have extra money for better tents. And you can start with just the veg tent and get the flower tent when you need it and the cost is spread out over time rather than buying everything all at once.

Oh, and the light for the veg tent can be a cheap light which will save you a little more. Spend that on a good light for the flower tent.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
When you are buying a tent it's better to buy two small tents rather than one large one. If you are considering a 4x4 get two 2x4s instead. You are going to want to have a tent for veg and one for flower so you can run plants all the time rather than cycling a single tent from veg to flower and back. Plus two lights for a 2x4 are less than a light for a 4x4. You'll have extra money for better tents. And you can start with just the veg tent and get the flower tent when you need it and the cost is spread out over time rather than buying everything all at once.

Oh, and the light for the veg tent can be a cheap light which will save you a little more. Spend that on a good light for the flower tent.
That’s a good point and one I have been considering but not sure of the best way to go as I’m a novice . How to keep things separated at different progressive stages . Makes sense what you suggest. I need to look at a decent brand of in-line fan that’s not noisy as well. It needs to be discreet because of proximity to other living areas. So far I’ve used a T5 to kick start the veg process

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What’s up with the XB200? Is it like a first gen board?
I got a freebie - older version with no lenses or whatever. It works good directly under the light - period. I got the 2x2 tent just because it fit the light. It just seems to grow things at half the pace of the QB's. The plants are fine under it - just slow.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Hust17 It might be better for late flowering - who knows. I did 2 Paradise Diesel under it start to finish, and got a respectable harvest, tight dense buds, but one flowered for 85 days and could have probably gone longer.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
So far I’ve used a T5 to kick start the veg process
A T5 is fine for veg. At least to start with. Consider an AC Infinity Cloudline fan. They are pretty quiet and seem reliable. You will need a carbon filter. Get the best one you can afford otherwise the room will smell like weed. I got an inexpensive one and it only kind of works.