First time grow tent purchase?

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Any recommendations for a first time purchase grow tent brand that’s both affordable and reasonable quality. Being I’ve never used one before any advice would be appreciated. I’m thinking minimum 5x5. Thanks

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Any recommendations for a first time purchase grow tent brand that’s both affordable and reasonable quality. Being I’ve never used one before any advice would be appreciated. I’m thinking minimum 5x5. Thanks
my vivosuns are good for the money but the zippers start sticking a bit and they are a touch flimsy. Hust17 like his Mars tent and said for the money u can't go wrong. Might end up getting one myself

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Hmmmm.. my Mars is very nice for a 2x4, but for a tent 5x5 or larger I can’t comment on them. It’s solid but it’s not as solid as others. If you’re going for a tent that size you can’t go wrong spending a little more for the best you can find, possibly Gorilla. I have a 3x3 Gorilla and that thing is overkill sturdy! I also have a 4.5x4.5 tent from a company called summit grow labs and that thing is Gorilla quality with a good price point just a lack of standard sizes and I think the 4.5 is their biggest. Best of luck dude!!

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
my vivosuns are good for the money but the zippers start sticking a bit and they are a touch flimsy. Hust17 like his Mars tent and said for the money u can't go wrong. Might end up getting one myself
Yeah I’ve checked out the Vivosun range and they seem good value but yeah considering how often you use the zippers it’s a fairly critical part of the structure . The Mars range does look a step up perhaps

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Hmmmm.. my Mars is very nice for a 2x4, but for a tent 5x5 or larger I can’t comment on them. It’s solid but it’s not as solid as others. If you’re going for a tent that size you can’t go wrong spending a little more for the best you can find, possibly Gorilla. I have a 3x3 Gorilla and that thing is overkill sturdy! I also have a 4.5x4.5 tent from a company called summit grow labs and that thing is Gorilla quality with a good price point just a lack of standard sizes and I think the 4.5 is their biggest. Best of luck dude!!
Yeah it’s the old story of what you pay for. The Gorilla does review amongst the best but being that I’m pretty well setting up a first time the Mars will keep a tighter budget considering I’ll need lights, fans , in-line fan etc it soon adds up .

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Yeah it’s the old story of what you pay for. The Gorilla does review amongst the best but being that I’m pretty well setting up a first time the Mars will keep a tighter budget considering I’ll need lights, fans , in-line fan etc it soon adds up .
Oh ya my man! Do you already have a light scoped out? :)

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Yeah I already purchased a Mars SP250 as an entry LED into the game . I’m pretty well a rookie at indoors besides vegging under the good old T5 before moving outdoors so my ears are open to any advice
Nice! My girls are loving my SP250 so far! Gonna start flowering with it next week, can’t wait to see how she does!

A 5x5 is pretty large :) Do you plan to get more lights or start small and grow into it?

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Nice! My girls are loving my SP250 so far! Gonna start flowering with it next week, can’t wait to see how she does!

A 5x5 is pretty large :) Do you plan to get more lights or start small and grow into it?
Yeah I think I’ll purchase another light that’ll do at least another 2x4 area to maybe cover most of the 5x5 , maybe a 4x4 would be more appropriate but I’m a fairly tall bloke so I figure a bit of extra room will make moving around in it easier. I should probably start small as I’m going to make mistakes but hey I’m a creature of excess so I’ll probably learn the hard way

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Green Architecture makes a good tent. and they are all larger tents on Amazon. I got the 40x40 and it's nice. Better price than Gorilla for the most part.
Yeah only problem is I live in Australia and our access to all products is sometimes limited . Does my head in that in this day and age we can’t all shop globally on some things . Like most of the world it’s mainly Chinese crap that’s readily available.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
600D tents are ok but that 1380 or whatever that next step up is is a massive difference.

And all the zippers get stuck on the flaps...it gives me shudders...frank and beans frank and beans...

You do get what you pay for...all my tents have holes and rips but they are in a room that is dark. I would probably get a gorilla tent if i were to do it over again. That shorty could go in at 4 foot 11 and you can extend it to your ceiling. I was tempted to do that instead of building a room.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I’d go cheap. Their all about the same in my opinion. Spent more for my 4x4 from a “better” brand. There all gonna have some small light leaks but thats an easy fix

Shopping for tents is a pain in the ass. I just bought my 3rd cheap one from eBay.

If on a budget, go with something cheaper that has good zipper reviews. Pinhole light leaks etc. aren’t that big of an issue, but if opening daily you’re going to want a tent with quality zippers. Take that saved $$$ and spend it on lighting, fan/filter.

If money isn’t an issue and you want a worthy investment go with the Gorilla. You could get one with extenders and it would give you extra head room.

V3n0M

Super Active Member
the viperspectras is 100% the best budget Tents,

ive owned a few other brands including VIVOSUN and they all had zipper light leaks.
The trick is to corn starch iron the zipper covers inside the tent that are supposed to be stopping the leaks. when closing the tents always close the tent with the open flap(door) inside the tent while closing..

Last edited: