First Seed Project

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
They ended up getting spider mites. I chopped them early, and none of the seeds would sprout. Looking back, I should have just let them finish. There wasn’t anything else in the building.
Oh those damn bugs!
Did you treat them before they went into flower? I always do whether I notice scarred leaves or not. Week 4 and 5 of flower is when you will notice the damage beginning. It's too late by then.
So, best to treat before the flip.
Just my opinion.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Oh those damn bugs!
Did you treat them before they went into flower? I always do whether I notice scarred leaves or not. Week 4 and 5 of flower is when you will notice the damage beginning. It's too late by then.
So, best to treat before the flip.
Just my opinion.
Since then, I’ve been treating with Safari twice in veg, and once with Neem oil right before flip. Those two seeded plants was all I had going on at the time. I could have kept the mites at bay enough to make mature seeds. I just wanted those nasty buggers out and do a thorough cleaning.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Since then, I’ve been treating with Safari twice in veg, and once with Neem oil right before flip. Those two seeded plants was all I had going on at the time. I could have kept the mites at bay enough to make mature seeds. I just wanted those nasty buggers out and do a thorough cleaning.
I use a hard core miticide that takes care of everything in the garden. I use 1 or 2 times before the flip.
I can't stand to see "bug damage" on plants, there's enough other things that can go wrong from germination to "jar" to worry about.
All I can say is be "prepared" for the next time it happens and "learn" to see the earliest signs.

RiccardoVasquez

Apologies for reviving this old thread, but it caught my attention. It's great to hear that you're exploring cannabis breeding for fun. Starting with Northern Lights is a great choice since it's a classic strain that's loved by many.