First Seed Project

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I got these 4 white label Northern Lights regs.
I’m mostly interested in the process, and I welcome any guidance. I have no intention of breeding this with that and making better weed. That may come some day but today ain’t the day.I think I got these from Sensi Seeds and they were less than 20 bucks, so if catastrophe strikes, it’s not like I’m going to cry too much (maybe a little).

726FC8A5-3874-400E-89B5-EB55FFD2B443.jpeg589DCC09-3122-40A3-85B9-CDDE04B870EB.jpeg
NL 1 thru 4 read like a book. I’ve taken 4 clones each. If I don’t get a male I’ll probably just scrap the whole thing.
They’re in one gallon pots with FFOF. The soil was used for some other clones that had vegged for six weeks or so, I reckon. I just put them in the flower tent on 12/12. Only using half of the 4x8 and one Spider Farmer light.
6C2AE91B-9127-4A45-97AD-D087804500A1.jpeg
Shoot, it looks like I need to go back out there and put that plug in.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
I got these 4 white label Northern Lights regs.
I’m mostly interested in the process, and I welcome any guidance. I have no intention of breeding this with that and making better weed. That may come some day but today ain’t the day.I think I got these from Sensi Seeds and they were less than 20 bucks, so if catastrophe strikes, it’s not like I’m going to cry too much (maybe a little).

View attachment 115798View attachment 115799
NL 1 thru 4 read like a book. I’ve taken 4 clones each. If I don’t get a male I’ll probably just scrap the whole thing.
They’re in one gallon pots with FFOF. The soil was used for some other clones that had vegged for six weeks or so, I reckon. I just put them in the flower tent on 12/12. Only using half of the 4x8 and one Spider Farmer light.
View attachment 115800
Shoot, it looks like I need to go back out there and put that plug in.
Sweet. Keep up the good work.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Apparently, I forgot to remember or remembered to forget or something. When I got out there I had already put it back.

NL 1 shows some nutrient deficiencies. Some yellowing of the leaves and some brown spots. I think it sucked all the goodness outta the FFOF. That’s also why I suspect it’s a female. I started feeding them GH 3 part liquid nutes and I added a little Cal Mag today.

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
I'd just hit all 4 of those in a couple spots with rev spray. Depending on how complicated you make it on your self do an open pollination or reserve the pollen outside and apply with a brush and label the branches. Introducing a male in there cuts the line genetics 50% or 1-4 will be more dom instead of if you S1 the 1-4 stays closer to the line. I prefer to pollination at 4-5 weeks so the buds develop and you at least know which phenos are better when you go to sample your work. For seed development using fish bone meal (+N) in addition to your flower regimen improves seed development. I'd get all your deficiencies sorted and clean up the bottom third before going into flower. They look fine to me except maybe overwatered

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I'd just hit all 4 of those in a couple spots with rev spray.
I have no idea what that is.
The rest of your post (well, the part about genetics) mostly went over my head. I don’t know what it is about that topic, but when I start reading about F1s, and S1s, and dominant traits, and these ridiculously complicated crosses, all I can make out is Charlie Brown’s teacher,” whah? . . . Wha-wha-whah.” I know that’s entirely on me. I’m blaming the 70s - and maybe a chunk of the 80s. But I appreciate you mentioning it nonetheless. I inject a question here and there, and I’m sure if I continue with this hobby I’ll become more interested.

Thanks for reminding me to trim up the bottom 1/3. That’s a mistake I made on both of my previous grows. Nothing but heartache and misery down there.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Day 6 of flower, group shot.
20FEBEE9-11DC-41C9-B084-A7D617E729D5.jpeg
NL-1 seems a little pale, but it keeps racing for the light. The others seem happy. They’re all in FFOF, but it was half used up before. I’ve been feeding them GH 3-part veg. nutes, and I’m thinking to change them to the flower mix in another week or two.

I have successfully sexed zero cannabis plants to date. NL-4 I believe will identify as a male. The others are too early to call, I reckon.
AAFD4AC3-2C72-45CC-B46E-0531B7C008D1.jpeg2888B9CC-F83C-4C16-B90B-4511E4676A4C.jpeg499B5EF6-FF71-4BF7-B01E-2D4DB9E594B5.jpeg
Now I know this will come as a complete shock to most, but I have a couple of stupid questions.

First, assuming I have some combination of boys and girls, can I just leave them together and I’ll end up with seeded buds? It seems on its face that should be the case. Else why would Dog make ‘em that way, right?

Second, and it’s more of a continuation of the first. The reason you guys - and by “you guys” I mean people who actually have a clue about what you’re doing, as opposed to a disabled, chubby truck driver who thought growing weed might be fun - take clones is in case you find out you want to breed it, AFTER YOU SMOKE IT, correct? It’s not a timing issue at all?

I’m still going to proceed with this project in the same manner. In other words, I will still collect some pollen and pollinate one or more of the clones. Thanks in advance.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Day 6 of flower, group shot.
View attachment 115935
NL-1 seems a little pale, but it keeps racing for the light. The others seem happy. They’re all in FFOF, but it was half used up before. I’ve been feeding them GH 3-part veg. nutes, and I’m thinking to change them to the flower mix in another week or two.

I have successfully sexed zero cannabis plants to date. NL-4 I believe will identify as a male. The others are too early to call, I reckon.
View attachment 115936View attachment 115937View attachment 115938
Now I know this will come as a complete shock to most, but I have a couple of stupid questions.

First, assuming I have some combination of boys and girls, can I just leave them together and I’ll end up with seeded buds? It seems on its face that should be the case. Else why would Dog make ‘em that way, right?

Second, and it’s more of a continuation of the first. The reason you guys - and by “you guys” I mean people who actually have a clue about what you’re doing, as opposed to a disabled, chubby truck driver who thought growing weed might be fun - take clones is in case you find out you want to breed it, AFTER YOU SMOKE IT, correct? It’s not a timing issue at all?

I’m still going to proceed with this project in the same manner. In other words, I will still collect some pollen and pollinate one or more of the clones. Thanks in advance.
First, all that's pictured is dudes. No matter what CNN says, you can't breed like that...:ROFLMAO:
Second, assuming there's a girl there and they are all the same strain, let the three boys bukakke her and get the widest genetic diversity possible in the beans you will hunt through - rather than trying to make a random selection of which male to use.

The seed stock is what you would want to clone and pheno-hunt to see if you made something good.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
First of all, thank you for responding. It is much appreciated.

First, all that's pictured is dudes. No matter what CNN says, you can't breed like that..
When I first read this, I was like,”fuck man, how does he know that?” I was blowing up the group shot as much as I could, eyeball glasses on and everything. Finally - and I’m a little embarrassed to say that it was a while - I realized that I mustn’t have made clear that the closeup pics were all of the same plant. So good, we got at least one male.

I kinda think I should explain what my objective is for this project. My objective is to produce a cannabis plant from a seed that I also produced. That’s it.
I had a perpetual thing going on and I got sick. Without boring anyone with my medical soap opera, suffice it to say that when I get sick (and it’s always pneumonia) I have about a 50/50 shot of ending up in the hospital. I was able to keep the junk in the flower tent alive, but the grow really suffered. I couldn’t do anymore. No trimming, or staking up, clean up, etc. Everything else that was in the pipeline got trashed. Except that I saved these 4 seedlings, figuring they were regs., they were cheap, and I had little expectation that they’d be any good, so I’d just try to make some seeds.

So that’s where I’m at. Still battling the same case of pneumonia, and taking a break from any serious grows.

I’m really looking forward to running the free beans that @DET—PDX sent me, but I wouldn’t dare start them till I’m feeling a little better.

I’ve done a fair amount of “YouTube research,” and I do pay attention when y’all talk about breeding this and that. And I have no reason to believe that I would have any issues producing some seeds. But, for me, there’s no substitute for putting my own grubby mitts on it, and seeing what happens with my own eyeballs.

I’m looking forward to picking up a few jewels of info along the way. For instance, this came as a revelation to me.
Second, assuming there's a girl there and they are all the same strain, let the three boys bukakke her and get the widest genetic diversity possible in the beans you will hunt through - rather than trying to make a random selection of which male to use.
I was thinking I’d throw out all but one male. Obviously, I’ll still throw out the male clones. Sorry this was so looooong.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Looks like I have 2 boys and 2 girls.
Group Shot.
FD34CAAF-0086-4F9C-BFE2-7EB7B434B2E0.jpeg
NL-1 She’s heading for the lights. May have to break a couple of he necks.
82E8CDC8-6F20-4837-ACB9-A1391A28A905.jpeg

NL-2 very manly.
B5C1D7AF-2521-4A67-A896-BA34D3524936.jpeg
NL-3
04118A4D-10DD-407C-A68A-176A599ED109.jpeg
NL-4
41CE1701-E7D7-412F-80F0-0541BAF9376F.jpeg
I’m just going to leave them together till they’re pollinated. I’ll likely grab a branch or two from each male and collect some pollen and pollinate a couple of the clones.

On a completely unrelated note, I’ve solved the high gas prices problem.
2635DFBF-8F2D-419E-BEE2-F30BBC0110EC.jpeg
I sent my hot rod to a new forever home.

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Looks like I have 2 boys and 2 girls.
Group Shot.
View attachment 116080
NL-1 She’s heading for the lights. May have to break a couple of he necks.
View attachment 116081

NL-2 very manly.
View attachment 116082
NL-3
View attachment 116083
NL-4
View attachment 116084
I’m just going to leave them together till they’re pollinated. I’ll likely grab a branch or two from each male and collect some pollen and pollinate a couple of the clones.

View attachment 116085
Sorry for your loss. Glad you got some cash in hand though!

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
View attachment 116085
[/QUOTE]
Nice ... I allways liked the early 70's Monte's more than the later 70's style..
Parents had 77 Monte back when i was a kid..

Was a boat of a car, that had huge hood..
Had the factory 350 with 4 barrel carb.. Ran ok def wasnt a race car.. Thats alot of car to push with the under powerd 350. Lol.

Dad wood flip the air filter lid over on it so it wood suck more air down into carb.. Hed go to pass sum1 and all ud hear is that 4 barrel howling..
Oh man, those were the good ole days.. Lol

Thx✌

Badddoin

Really Active Member
So, the boys have started dropping pollen. I can see it here and there, and there’s a bunch of pollen sacks on the floor.
4CA48C15-03DF-44CD-B3F9-57A1B9493F70.jpeg52FB04E1-F5AF-49FE-92CA-38FA27235251.jpeg
Here’s a group shot. The pollen has had to make it to the girls.
AA01A731-A7FB-4D45-A3D9-0191D6A433E0.jpeg
I wonder how long I should leave the males in there.?And also, are these “buds” even big enough to make seeds? It’s only day 13 of 12/12.
13F7DF1D-62F6-4C95-8F80-AED358B4478F.jpegA977D30B-6C4D-4671-B232-6A6C9CF209BF.jpeg54C4EF30-3F06-4CDF-9182-2CF8505D8BD7.jpeg

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
So, the boys have started dropping pollen. I can see it here and there, and there’s a bunch of pollen sacks on the floor.

Here’s a group shot. The pollen has had to make it to the girls.

I wonder how long I should leave the males in there.?And also, are these “buds” even big enough to make seeds? It’s only day 13 of 12/12.

How did this seed project turn out ??

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Shake the male and take it out, they're bred already.
You'll prolly get 500 grade "A" seed on each plant with that amount of hairs showing,
plus a decent amount of flower to enjoy when it's finished.
Doesn't take much pollen.
They ended up getting spider mites. I chopped them early, and none of the seeds would sprout. Looking back, I should have just let them finish. There wasn’t anything else in the building.