Feed your plants less

BerryNice

Super Active Member
I would encourage everyone that grows is soil to try the following

Nothing in veg and then feed 2-4 on bloom water out

It may just be the fact that I use what I feel is the best eater in the water for my plants

I get stream water sent to me from my parents house in Jackson hole

You can drink right out of the streams

I get all of advanced nutes given to me free friends with ny rep

I only use Mother Earth and con bloom the rest I give away

Still able to yield over a ounce per gallon and the taste is amazing

Once you put any kind of nute or spray on a plants that shit is in the plant for entire life cycle

I can’t speak for any other medium but with soil get good soil ride out any deficiency’s

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Regardless of what and how you are feeding, I think checking the run-off systematically is the only way to see if they are eating, and to know when they need more. If you wait for it to show on the plants you'll be playing catch-up with undernourished plants.

By systematically, I don't think there is a definitive "system" as long as you check the same thing every time.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
In defense....at least half of those growers are trying to learn something. I was one of those growers at one point and I think we all were at some point with our first grows. Yea you get the people who think, it's a plant " how hard can it be to keep alive " or if they dump a shit ton of Miracle Grow on it that they'll get huge plants. At least when someone tries to get help here....they don't get attacked by 95% of the forum members.
I was talking more about those who don't learn from their mistakes. I've seen people on RIU asking for help diagnosing a deficiency with leaf damage pics who have been a member of the site for 5+ years. That's anther thing that drives me nuts...when people think any problem is a "deficiency". There are certain basic things growers should be able to comprehend after the first 1 or 2 runs. I have a horrible memory and I manage to remember all this by taking notes...lots and lots of notes.

I was talking more about those who don't learn from their mistakes. I've seen people on RIU asking for help diagnosing a deficiency with leaf damage pics who have been a member of the site for 5+ years. That's anther thing that drives me nuts...when people think any problem is a "deficiency". There are certain basic things growers should be able to comprehend after the first 1 or 2 runs. I have a horrible memory and I manage to remember all this by taking notes...lots and lots of notes.
That's the road I went down myself.....1 or 2 grows in said to myself, how can I learn anything if I dont understand how the plant grows and reacts to certain situations. I also thought....its a plant how hard can it be. I learned alot through trial and error as well. I am a hands on learner more then a read a book and learn. To this day I am still trying to learn. Many of us know the bro-science of things....I have been paying attention to actual science lately though.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Terrible advice....sorry to say. 1 heavy feeder and that's a wrap.
I don’t grow for profit or yield and I understand what your saying

I usually don’t have any heavy feeders I have had people give me clones and tell me that but I usually don’t experience it

Just ride out some small stuff but Make own soil mixes that that I prob could get away with water only entire cycle

It wasn’t really advice I like suggest to try it see how it works

People be putting out good but that taste so so

Nobody really knows in 10 years what the shit your putting in the plants is gonna do

Maybe people will start to grow a third ball sack we don’t know yet all these companies lie

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I will never stop trying new things, just not that drastic. I am always looking for a better easier way to grow these plants . If it sounds logical I will try if I think it can help my grow . Every plant is dif too . Man I'm high sorry for the rambling .

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I will never stop trying new things, just not that drastic. I am always looking for a better easier way to grow these plants . If it sounds logical I will try if I think it can help my grow . Every plant is dif too . Man I'm high sorry for the rambling .
Have you tried organic with just dry amendments? Add a Blumat system and it doesn't get much easier. All I do is top off the 5 gallon bucket reservoir each morning and mix up a small batch of tea (usually about 2-3 gallons) and feed each plant that once a week.

LordKoos

I've been growing for years and still make mistakes. Nothing disastrous, but things that can slow growth or make the yield less than it could be. I do mixed grows of several strains at a time so that makes it a little more challenging as some strains are more sensitive than others. I'm kind of a helicopter guy but I don't over feed, I've just learned from my own experience that it's better to inspect my plants at least once a day. It enables you to spot potential problems early rather than too late.

I bought a decent sprayer and I've become a big proponent of foliar feeding during veg. The plants react quickly to it and it's pretty hard to overdo the nutrients that way. It means that I can feed the roots less often which helps keep the soil from building up salts.