Feed your plants less

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Helicopter growers probably kill more plants than those who neglect them from time to time, too. Always cracks me up when growers go right to the forums when a single leaf on the bottom of the plant doesn’t look like a textbook example.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Deja-vu - check out the most recent pics on my thread LOL

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
That and overwatering , for sure. When I flip is when I will notice the darkened leaves accompanied by curl ( downwards)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Helicopter growers :ROFLMAO: - I am in there all the time - but only stare most of the time. Do very little.

As far as feeding, I have had luck with 25% of the recommended.

I heard that nute companies use ~1000 watts of light for test grows just for easy math when setting up feeding schedules.

I have !250w in each of my flower rooms - 25%.

Bro-science maybe - butt it works for me.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Helicopter growers :ROFLMAO: - I am in there all the time - but only stare most of the time. Do very little.

I heard that nute companies use ~1000 watts of light for test grows just for easy math when setting up feeding schedules.

Whatever works ! Bro I am beyond excited about your new job. Congrats man 👍 u deserve it. U are a great grower. Can't wait to see some h beans !!!

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I am actually just finally letting the plants do their own thing, and just being there for support and the occasional feeding LOL
Lol it's tough, like when the kids go off to college. All u can do is start em in the right direction, hope they stay on course haha

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

I’m the same, man! I check on my plants, and log the temp, humidity, and water consumption daily, but I don’t bother them buy changing up feeding or anything else crazy. i log everything so I can compare grows and see how the temp/humidity affect each grow. I use blumat now so I really only log the water consumption so I will know if there is something wrong with the system dispensing or if the plants are taking in more or less than usual.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’m the same, man! I check on my plants, and log the temp, humidity, and water consumption daily, but I don’t bother them buy changing up feeding or anything else crazy. i log everything so I can compare grows and see how the temp/humidity affect each grow. I use blumat now so I really only log the water consumption so I will know if there is something wrong with the system dispensing or if the plants are taking in more or less than usual.
I did. I log almost nothing now, and I couldn't tell you without adding days on a calendar how old my plants are at any given time.

I have a calendar and I make a note when I water or feed. I use dry top dressings, so I only feed based on run-off. When it's low I'll add food and then water it in a little more. Or when I see it dropping neat the 1000ppm range I make a note to feed next watering. That's it.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I did. I log almost nothing now, and I couldn't tell you without adding days on a calendar how old my plants are at any given time.

I have a calendar and I make a note when I water or feed. I use dry top dressings, so I only feed based on run-off. When it's low I'll add food and then water it in a little more. Or when I see it dropping neat the 1000ppm range I make a note to feed next watering. That's it.
Same here but no runoff . I ammend when I flip and after four weeks . Good results but I like the runoff idea for sure 👌

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@TreeFarmerCharlie
Here's the pic I was referencing and my deduction about what caused it. And this was literally just before I read your post LOL

"I just fed them good, so all should be well, but I say "missing the mark" because I have killed too many plants with feeding too early. Now I may wait a little too long out of an overabundance of caution. But only two of them show this.

IMG_8978.JPG

So what I am wondering is if these two are/were eating faster than the others and might end up being better plants in the long run.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Same here but no runoff . I ammend when I flip and after four weeks . Good results but I like the runoff idea for sure 👌
I water a little at a time, and only water until I get about a cup of run-off - enough to stick a ppm pen in.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
One thing I like about the organic method I’m doing now is over feeding is pretty much a non issue. I pre-amend the soil, top dress every now and then, and then just feed a small amount of compost tea once a week. It’s so easy it feels like I’m cheating. Oh, and there no need to water until runoff with this method, either.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One thing I like about the organic method I’m doing now is over feeding is pretty much a non issue. I pre-amend the soil, top dress every now and then, and then just feed a small amount of compost tea once a week. It’s so easy it feels like I’m cheating. Oh, and there no need to water until runoff with this method, either.
Feeding with salts I would see run-off over 2000ppm and be worrying about if I should flush, and checking them every few hours for signs of death :ROFLMAO:

With the organic stuff I have seen it over 3500ppm and the plants don't care. And that is all I check on the run-off. when I see it dropping and it gets to the 1200-1500 range I know to feed them next time.

Deez. Nutz

Man, if you guys are like "helicopter parents" for your plants then I must be a dirty abusive ghetto whore, or trailer skank mother to mine.
You know, they type of parent that let's their demon seed, crotch fruit chillins run wild with nothing on but a dirty diaper at 2 A.M. in the hood.

I mainly go straight organic with lots of compost, and then leave them alone and me them show me when they need something.

When I used to grow mushrooms, There was something known as "neglect tech" whereas you would just let them be. So many people killed their crops by loving them to death it was crazy.

Attachments

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Man, if you guys are like "helicopter parents" for your plants then I must be a dirty abusive ghetto whore, or trailer skank mother to mine.
You know, they type of parent that let's their demon seed, crotch fruit chillins run wild with nothing on but a dirty diaper at 2 A.M. in the hood.
I like that.

Since I started running flood and drain with coco, I have gone a full work week without even looking at my plants. :ROFLMAO:

Helicopter growers probably kill more plants than those who neglect them from time to time, too. Always cracks me up when growers go right to the forums when a single leaf on the bottom of the plant doesn’t look like a textbook example.
In defense....at least half of those growers are trying to learn something. I was one of those growers at one point and I think we all were at some point with our first grows. Yea you get the people who think, it's a plant " how hard can it be to keep alive " or if they dump a shit ton of Miracle Grow on it that they'll get huge plants. At least when someone tries to get help here....they don't get attacked by 95% of the forum members.