End prohibition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 60

Dunno where it's all going but if yer making money off this plant currently...ramp the fuck up 'cus the game is gonna be completely over soon for most folks. Then it becomes about the love for the plant...not the $$$. As happened here...less folks loved the plant than anyone ever thought...LOL. Bye. bye.

D

Deleted member 60

LOL....a "dime" vs. a "Dollar" pretty much pegs it in the legal states. $400 a z to "Nah, I'm good. I was gonna ask you if you needed some."

The pros about it are no trimming and a lot of hash for me...but the easy $$$ are long gone here. A buncha bad folks gonna get nice Christmas cards though....heehee. Santa gonna have a lot of coal this year...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
LOL....a "dime" vs. a "Dollar" pretty much pegs it in the legal states. $400 a z to "Nah, I'm good. I was gonna ask you if you needed some."

The pros about it are no trimming and a lot of hash for me...but the easy $$$ are long gone here. A buncha bad folks gonna get nice Christmas cards though....heehee. Santa gonna have a lot of coal this year...
Yeah, there really isn't much money for people growing to sell. Or, at least in my opinion, not enough money to take the risk of getting caught selling when the states are going to be even more pissed that you are taking their dispensary tax income away from them. Friends of friends have asked if I'd be willing to sell to them and I flat out tell them it's not worth the risk to me. The closest I come to selling it is using it to barter with very close friends who do work on my house that I can't or don't have time to do. I figure the state isn't going to worry so much about that unless your a criminal who they are trying to nail with every charge they can.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yeah, there really isn't much money for people growing to sell. Or, at least in my opinion, not enough money to take the risk of getting caught selling when the states are going to be even more pissed that you are taking their dispensary tax income away from them. Friends of friends have asked if I'd be willing to sell to them and I flat out tell them it's not worth the risk to me. The closest I come to selling it is using it to barter with very close friends who do work on my house that I can't or don't have time to do. I figure the state isn't going to worry so much about that unless your a criminal who they are trying to nail with every charge they can.
The biggest fail is people wanting to get illegal weed prices for legal weed.

Whole business models were built on getting $4k a pack, but when there is no fear of going to jail for the rest of your life it's just produce.

Tomatoes are legal everywhere, and everyone knows that homegrown tomatoes are best. Why isn't there a tomato stand on every corner to capitalize on this?

What it boils down to is that this is exactly like the tomato. People that love tomatoes (weed) grow tomatoes (weed) so they don't have to buy the shitty store tomatoes (weed) and the smart ones grow enough tomatoes (weed) to last them all year but never even think about selling a jar. More likely they gift a jar to friends to show pride in their tomatoes (weed) and share the wealth.

Meanwhile we need big, shitty, field-grown or hydroponic tomaotes to supply all the millions of people that like tomatoes - but are fine with canned from the store, or the fresh tasteless ones that still fit on a burger. They might even pay a dollar or two more per pound to get the "organic" tomatoes.

People try to compare it to home brew, and maybe if you want to sell your weed at the store that's the model to follow. There are consumer safety things already in place. But there is no beer drinker who home brews enough beer to never have to buy beer from the store.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wow - good weed.

I think my point was that after the possible small business regulations, and the inevitable "think of the children" regs like with any other intoxicant, the comparison stops there. It's back to being produce. No one that can get a pack of Marlboro Dank for a few dollars per gram is gonna pay $250/oz for anything sitting right next to it on the shelf.

And with federal decrim comes "Winston Indica" and all the rest

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Dunno where it's all going but if yer making money off this plant currently...ramp the fuck up 'cus the game is gonna be completely over soon for most folks. Then it becomes about the love for the plant...not the $$$. As happened here...less folks loved the plant than anyone ever thought...LOL. Bye. bye.
thanks but i'll stick around ,it's not about dollars, it's about my needs!
The way things are these days everyone is a( future) criminal that they want to nail every chance they they get!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

Whole business models were built on getting $4k a pack, but when there is no fear of going to jail for the rest of your life it's just produce.

Tomatoes are legal everywhere, and everyone knows that homegrown tomatoes are best. Why isn't there a tomato stand on every corner to capitalize on this?

What it boils down to is that this is exactly like the tomato. People that love tomatoes (weed) grow tomatoes (weed) so they don't have to buy the shitty store tomatoes (weed) and the smart ones grow enough tomatoes (weed) to last them all year but never even think about selling a jar. More likely they gift a jar to friends to show pride in their tomatoes (weed) and share the wealth.

Meanwhile we need big, shitty, field-grown or hydroponic tomaotes to supply all the millions of people that like tomatoes - but are fine with canned from the store, or the fresh tasteless ones that still fit on a burger. They might even pay a dollar or two more per pound to get the "organic" tomatoes.

People try to compare it to home brew, and maybe if you want to sell your weed at the store that's the model to follow. There are consumer safety things already in place. But there is no beer drinker who home brews enough beer to never have to buy beer from the store.
I totally agree with all of this.

D

Deleted member 60

That certainly nails it. A lot of folks went into it all thinking it'd be like their closet grow.....aka..almost all profits. Sure was fun and profitable while it lasted.

I don't see the "tomato" aspect the same way. not here in CO anyway. Everyone's laws/etc are different though...so never say never.

Tomatoes aren't counted like plants are. If there were no limits on pot plants and you could freely (try to..LOL) sell bags.....Bob knows folks would go off and flood (crash) the market....cus folks are stupid that way. Tomatoes never sold for $4000 a pound...thus...idiots.

And tomatoes aren't "seed to sale" regulated and tracked like the legal weed is...here in CO anyway. Bar codes on everything. Cameras...fun shit. I love that it's a fuckin hassle for em. They stepped into the pile....and crashed the behind-the-scenes gig....so hey...have fun with that shit. If weed was unregulated like tomatoes it'd be apples and oranges. It isn't. Weed still commands a decent price. Foolks just have a "Wal Mart" mentality about it all. It's easier to go buy than to grow. The cheaper..the better....and the more you can buy...like they buy their food and their beer and their plastic, mass produced shit they will kill you for...LOL. Idiots.

And you can set that tomatos stand up roadside anywhere and sell. No license. No regs on how many tomatoes an individual can buy. No testing for pesticides. No taxes paid on sales cus no one came to make sure you paid in. Try that (in a small town...LOL)....er...a..in ANY town. Nope...weed isn't tomatoes. Try it and see. Make a sign! "WEED FOR SALE" The blue idiots will visit you very quickly. Make a "TOMATOES FOR SALE" sign. No crime, no foul.

And LOL @1oldfart. I was more speaking to the hoards of folks who came here...starting in 2000 for "med" pot....to find their riches and generally fuck things up for those of us who paid our dues during illegality. They came...made $$$ til the laws changed... then booked it the fuck out of here. Idiots. Had they bought a house and stayed they woulda made far more $$$...LOL. Fuckers are probably in Ohio or Illinois now...chasing the dollar and fuckin shit up for others.

"Bartering" is good. Free/gifting is also good. I'm also not above hinting that seed money is welcome. Either way...the pay scale has changed a lot.

Like retiring...LOL. Fuckin' old people.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That certainly nails it. A lot of folks went into it all thinking it'd be like their closet grow.....aka..almost all profits. Sure was fun and profitable while it lasted.

I don't see the "tomato" aspect the same way. not here in CO anyway. Everyone's laws/etc are different though...so never say never.

Tomatoes aren't counted like plants are. If there were no limits on pot plants and you could freely (try to..LOL) sell bags.....Bob knows folks would go off and flood (crash) the market....cus folks are stupid that way. Tomatoes never sold for $4000 a pound...thus...idiots.

And tomatoes aren't "seed to sale" regulated and tracked like the legal weed is...here in CO anyway. Bar codes on everything. Cameras...fun shit. I love that it's a fuckin hassle for em. They stepped into the pile....and crashed the behind-the-scenes gig....so hey...have fun with that shit. If weed was unregulated like tomatoes it'd be apples and oranges. It isn't. Weed still commands a decent price. Foolks just have a "Wal Mart" mentality about it all. It's easier to go buy than to grow. The cheaper..the better....and the more you can buy...like they buy their food and their beer and their plastic, mass produced shit they will kill you for...LOL. Idiots.

And you can set that tomatos stand up roadside anywhere and sell. No license. No regs on how many tomatoes an individual can buy. No testing for pesticides. No taxes paid on sales cus no one came to make sure you paid in. Try that (in a small town...LOL)....er...a..in ANY town. Nope...weed isn't tomatoes. Try it and see. Make a sign! "WEED FOR SALE" The blue idiots will visit you very quickly. Make a "TOMATOES FOR SALE" sign. No crime, no foul.

And LOL @1oldfart. I was more speaking to the hoards of folks who came here...starting in 2000 for "med" pot....to find their riches and generally fuck things up for those of us who paid our dues during illegality. They came...made $$$ til the laws changed... then booked it the fuck out of here. Idiots. Had they bought a house and stayed they woulda made far more $$$...LOL. Fuckers are probably in Ohio or Illinois now...chasing the dollar and fuckin shit up for others.

"Bartering" is good. Free/gifting is also good. I'm also not above hinting that seed money is welcome. Either way...the pay scale has changed a lot.

retired, just can't really stay still have things to do, it never ends if you have a home. always a flat on something blown rear air bag on moms car you name it ,water pump on the jeep the shit list never ends!

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

got to agree on the high graders ,after the buck and don't care who it screws over later,when they get the laws fucked up.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

you will get there sooner than you think,old people :)

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

sometimes it takes abit for things to click in my old skull!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

people not haveing tomatoes ,whisky, wine , beer or weed , is from the failure to plan, for future needs!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Or from being fine with whatever is at walmart (or the dispo) and not considering that there may be a toilet paper shortage next week. It's called adulting, and they don't teach it anymore.
Look at the pan. canal not enough water to move ships,then,the sueze canal is hot zone for ships,supplies, things could get in a stage of short supplies, real quick, no shipper wants to go around the horn of africa or south america that would add time and a lot of milage to a load, higher prices just for shipping.

D

Deleted member 60

LOL @1oldfart. I retired 10 years ago @ 55 and I'm definitely far more tired these days than I was when I was workin.

Just got on the Gov't dole....'er...a...the "I paid in and now I get to pay more in" train and am lookin' at that big B-day in a few weeks. Got a new 1 year old dog and it's the first time I've ever wondered if a dog will outlive me. I don't >feel< old (OK...kinda...LOL) but it *is* all gettin' very fuckin' real.

It is nice to let Uncle Sam buy seeds and shit for ya though...LOL. I haven't had any pocket change $$ comin in since legal weed hit the state in 2014.

Yup...that "End Prohibition" thing... :ROFLMAO:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
sometimes it takes abit for things to click in my old skull!
retirement don't pay enough to keep your head above water, wish everyone good health for the years ahead,it makes a difference, to be in good shape later in life.
LOL @1oldfart. I retired 10 years ago @ 55 and I'm definitely far more tired these days than I was when I was workin.

Just got on the Gov't dole....'er...a...the "I paid in and now I get to pay more in" train and am lookin' at that big B-day in a few weeks. Got a new 1 year old dog and it's the first time I've ever wondered if a dog will outlive me. I don't >feel< old (OK...kinda...LOL) but it *is* all gettin' very fuckin' real.

It is nice to let Uncle Sam buy seeds and shit for ya though...LOL. I haven't had any pocket change $$ comin in since legal weed hit the state in 2014.

Yup...that "End Prohibition" thing... :ROFLMAO:
steady routine, in time with seasonal work and doing my owne wrenching is enough to keep me busy ,then throw a little fishing time and i stay covered up.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

never was that much money in it takeing time , setup drops,site prep the year before ,and all yes when it went right it was good then.

Status
Not open for further replies.