Dirtbags grow-n-show

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
Things are coming along lovely! Was just appreciatkng that room. The hid its own ac. Is that another AC on the back wall?
It's a 15000btu AC I put in a couple months ago thinking I'd need it for the hot summer months, but it never did get hot enough to need it this year.

The temp is controlled with the extraction fan hooked up to a digital temp controller. It kicks on at 27c and kicks off at 23c.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
It's a 15000btu AC I put in a couple months ago thinking I'd need it for the hot summer months, but it never did get hot enough to need it this year.

The temp is controlled with the extraction fan hooked up to a digital temp controller. It kicks on at 27c and kicks off at 23c.
That's what I thought it was. They're really nice. Was gonna get one for my old garden but I moved lol. Very fuckin nice dirtbag. Really loving your setup.

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
That's what I thought it was. They're really nice. Was gonna get one for my old garden but I moved lol. Very fuckin nice dirtbag. Really loving your setup.
Thanks man, I'm quite proud of my little shed.
And yeah these wall shakers are great. I couldnt pass this one up, it was a return at home depot I got for $280, regular $800. Someone brought it back because the outer metal housing had a dent in it... The thing has all the bells and whistles, it's perfectly light proof so no glowing foam in there, The fresh air vent closes tight and doesnt leak smell, It has 1 degree digital temperature settings and holds it within 4 degrees celcius.. Itll be great if I ever need to use it lol.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Ahh reading this again you might be looking at my 750w baseboard heater? It sits just above plant height just below the air intake. The AC is on the right hand side with tuck tape around it.
Oh okay that makes more sense. I seen the ac just thought you add an additional one added in. That really is one beast room. What are the dimensions?

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
Oh okay that makes more sense. I seen the ac just thought you add an additional one added in. That really is one beast room. What are the dimensions?
It's an 8x8' footprint, the ceiling is 8' on one side sloping to 10' on the other and I have my fan and filter hung on the high peak. The building is an 8x12' constructed with 2x6 walls and R20, purpose built for growing in. Air intake has a 16x20" furnace filter and backdraft preventer. Header house is 4x8.
This run I have 4 benches in there for 16 plants. When I do 9 bigger plants I use 3 benches. Also I usually have runoff catchment totes just below the section of gutter at the end of the sloped benches.

Pics were obviously before I installed the AC.
20190112_142413.jpg20190112_142429.jpg

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
Well I've got a little issue...

The guy I got these strains from told me they grow essentially the same in terms of height and yield.The cookies on the left I've grown before but the violator on the right is new to me... They are not growing to the same height lol. The violator is stretching for Canada.

Looks like I need to figure out a way to get in here and elevate the two benches on the left 4-6" to keep the canopy the same height on both sides. Always something.... At least it's a good problem this time. Not gonna complain about them growing too much lol.

20190906_061110.jpg

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
I've got a question for some of you experienced growers following this.

the plants stigma hairs are shriveling up and darkening early on me. I've verified no male bits, these are all tried and reliable cuts. I have two suspicions; my dehu died the other day and they had a couple dark cycles of super high humidity, like 95%+. Second thing being I just started using GP massive, and thinking about it massive caused some pistil darkening last time I used it but I dont recall it being this dramatic. Mind you, the strains I ran last time didnt have very pronounced stigma to begin with.

What do you think? Humidity? Massive? Something else?

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
Well I spent a few hours looking for any trannies while I did my final prune and found nothing, no balls. Thinking the burned hairs were from using my sulphur burner the day my dehu died and RH had skyrocketed. Things are coming along just fine now and there are already so many new white hairs you can hardly tell it happened. It's also a lot easier to feed now that I cleaned up the bottom a bit.

Latest forecast, I think we are in for some heavy frost..

20190914_124255.jpg20190914_185811.jpg20190914_124142.jpg20190914_190004.jpg

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Hot snot Bro!

I flipped on the 5th ,,, no way in Hades will I have bulk like that in 2 weeks - no way.

This is your 'revenge grow' and you are kill'n it.
You deserve it.

Looks like your biggest concern at the moment is shearing force and directional load,,, I am worried about your roof !
Just make sure to chop them before the walls bulge out toooo far. :cool: