Decided not to go

So today, me and the guys I go fishing with we're to go fishing. We all own a couple boats. I have a 34' Regulator CC and a 46' POST....We were to fish on my CC...this morning my boat was rigged and ready to go when they announce that some guy Paul who is their friend...not mine...brought his boat and they wanted to go with him...now Paul has a long history of being a drunk, crashing his boat, nosed under leaving the inlet etc....I told them that I would not be going then...they said I'm just being bitchy...I said...yeah...fuck you...go on then...so I put my boat back on the trailer and drove off 2 hours to bring my boat back where I keep it...oh it was long about 1030am while I am stowing it away and packing up...I get a phone call...from them...Paul's boat broke down and they need someone to come get them...I said...call the Coast Guard...I am not coming to get you...
Guess I need to find some new friends to fish with because I will not tolerate this bullshit under any circumstances...
There is a back story here too...same thing happened last year when Paul first got this boat...I was on my boat he was on his...coming into Solomon's after fishing the Middle Grounds all day...he tried to pass me in a narrow channel at low tide and hit a piling...boat had a huge rip in the hull...I said to everyone that day that I would never ever set foot on any boat operated by Paul.
What are your opinions about this?
Real mates wouldn't have ditched u for some steamin cocksucker.fuck em.you acted fairly.you made your feelings clear before they left.if they don't wanna listen to you that's up to them.dont let them make you think your the arsehole here.your not.they are.youse made plans and they broke em not u.i personally would ignore em until I got an apology for ditching u for some drunk arsehole.