Decided not to go

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
So today, me and the guys I go fishing with we're to go fishing. We all own a couple boats. I have a 34' Regulator CC and a 46' POST....We were to fish on my CC...this morning my boat was rigged and ready to go when they announce that some guy Paul who is their friend...not mine...brought his boat and they wanted to go with him...now Paul has a long history of being a drunk, crashing his boat, nosed under leaving the inlet etc....I told them that I would not be going then...they said I'm just being bitchy...I said...yeah...fuck you...go on then...so I put my boat back on the trailer and drove off 2 hours to bring my boat back where I keep it...oh it was long about 1030am while I am stowing it away and packing up...I get a phone call...from them...Paul's boat broke down and they need someone to come get them...I said...call the Coast Guard...I am not coming to get you...
Guess I need to find some new friends to fish with because I will not tolerate this bullshit under any circumstances...
There is a back story here too...same thing happened last year when Paul first got this boat...I was on my boat he was on his...coming into Solomon's after fishing the Middle Grounds all day...he tried to pass me in a narrow channel at low tide and hit a piling...boat had a huge rip in the hull...I said to everyone that day that I would never ever set foot on any boat operated by Paul.
What are your opinions about this?

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
My first thoughts are why the hell haven’t I fished in a while it would be nice to go out with my cuz on his boat. Second thoughts is why did Paul’s boat break down? Third thoughts is was there any nice spots u can boat some clones to then come back later to harvest her? Fourth thoughts Is it sounds like u knew what was going to happen before it happened. Paul is either just as dumb as you say or me and you should go pick some lottery numbers

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
You were 100% correct sir. If your friends think you made the wrong call well you might need some new one's. Paul is the type to probable kill himself in a accident or worse yet harm a innocent bystander such as one of his passengers. I damn sure would have made the same call except i would have been pretty pissed driving 4 hrs for nothing.I recognize those fishing spots!! I am just a bit north of you but not much.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
So today, me and the guys I go fishing with we're to go fishing. We all own a couple boats. I have a 34' Regulator CC and a 46' POST....We were to fish on my CC...this morning my boat was rigged and ready to go when they announce that some guy Paul who is their friend...not mine...brought his boat and they wanted to go with him...now Paul has a long history of being a drunk, crashing his boat, nosed under leaving the inlet etc....I told them that I would not be going then...they said I'm just being bitchy...I said...yeah...fuck you...go on then...so I put my boat back on the trailer and drove off 2 hours to bring my boat back where I keep it...oh it was long about 1030am while I am stowing it away and packing up...I get a phone call...from them...Paul's boat broke down and they need someone to come get them...I said...call the Coast Guard...I am not coming to get you...
Guess I need to find some new friends to fish with because I will not tolerate this bullshit under any circumstances...
There is a back story here too...same thing happened last year when Paul first got this boat...I was on my boat he was on his...coming into Solomon's after fishing the Middle Grounds all day...he tried to pass me in a narrow channel at low tide and hit a piling...boat had a huge rip in the hull...I said to everyone that day that I would never ever set foot on any boat operated by Paul.
I own a 32 blackfin with twin Cummins. Cool as shit to see someone else here that fishes. . Some good bottom around the middlegrounds. I do alot of rig fishing for tuna and reef donkeys. Snapper opened up a couple days ago.
On your question I would have done exactly what you did and find a new crew. Its them same ones that never help clean or fuel the boat.

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
I own a 32 blackfin with twin Cummins. Cool as shit to see someone else here that fishes. . Some good bottom around the middlegrounds. I do alot of rig fishing for tuna and reef donkeys. Snapper opened up a couple days ago.
On your question I would have done exactly what you did and find a new crew. Its them same ones that never help clean or fuel the boat.
When you inviting me out? 😀

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
About 10 years ago I was supposed to go fishing with my brothers father in-law..Well long story short he ended up running out of gas and was lost at sea for over 10 days. He was a drunker. The story even made the show Dateline

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Being on the water most of my life i have seen WAY to many careless type operators such as you describe. Way more than once the circumstances turned tragic. Like getting smacked in the gut when harm or death would happen to minors because of an adults stupidity. Zero tolerance on operating any boat while consuming alcohol period.

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
Yes...thank you all...I love to fish and I will post some pics once my buddy gets back here in the next week or so...we don't mess around...we are all about the Cobia...we get out in the green for mahi and some canyon tuna...friggin amberjacks can pull...I love getting on the fish...I like working the deck...or run the boat...I'm not so much into catching unless it's on a light spinning tackle...if that makes sense????
We mostly stay with the small boats around Deal MD...close to 42 and the Target Ship and move out from there...we will strategically place a larger boat here and there "Cape Charles"...to jump offshore...we prefer MD. Fishing regs as opposed to VA.

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
I rock a 12 foot tinner with a 7.5 horse from the 60 s on it. Sorry.. didn’t mean to show y’all up 😆 I just toss it in the truck box. No need for a trailer. No good on the big lakes tho haha. All the good fishing round here is where the big boats can’t go anyways
I have a 14' Grumman with a 9.9 Suzuki on it for the river by my house...lots of smallmouth!
Used it alot last year to gather crab pots.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I have a 14' Grumman with a 9.9 Suzuki on it for the river by my house...lots of smallmouth!
Used it alot last year to gather crab pots.
I have all kinds of crazy old boats. Some very rare antique all original. I have a 22 ft unit that was built up here before aluminum made its way up here. She leaks but I can keep up fine with a coffee can 😆. Every big wave is a decision between safety/gettin wet and crakin the wooden ribs. A balancing act of sorts. We decided that it was our last voyage last season with the family lol. I still go out in it with a buddy (who can swim well) tho cause it really makes you feel like a pirate

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
My first thoughts are why the hell haven’t I fished in a while it would be nice to go out with my cuz on his boat. Second thoughts is why did Paul’s boat break down? Third thoughts is was there any nice spots u can boat some clones to then come back later to harvest her? Fourth thoughts Is it sounds like u knew what was going to happen before it happened. Paul is either just as dumb as you say or me and you should go pick some lottery numbers
Kev....you really need to get out there...ya gotta kill em to grill em...
Paul has 3 Mercs on his boat...I also do not go out on boats powered by Merc...no self respecting waterman will...they are for googans...
I often use my little boat and cast seeds and place a few clones along the river...I always surround the plants with leftover synthetic ferts from before when I was lazy and stupid.
Yes...Paul has a looooong history of being a drunk, fuckin shit up, being an ass...he and his drunk wife have no children and are both federal employees...they have more money then they know what to do with...me...I'm not impressed one bit...I worked for everything I have...Electrician...Master since 02.
Anyways...he has no experience on the water, no Capt license, no fishing experience etc...just money and a hand on the throttle.
I was taken off my dad's 26' CC @10 yrs old by the Coast Guard in Tom's Cove VA...as my dad promised to take me fishing but fell asleep on the couch so I decided to go myself...it has been on ever since...the next year my dad bought me a Carolina skiff with a 50hp...they never saw me again that summer.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Kev....you really need to get out there...ya gotta kill em to grill em...
Paul has 3 Mercs on his boat...I also do not go out on boats powered by Merc...no self respecting waterman will...they are for googans...
I often use my little boat and cast seeds and place a few clones along the river...I always surround the plants with leftover synthetic ferts from before when I was lazy and stupid.
Yes...Paul has a looooong history of being a drunk, fuckin shit up, being an ass...he and his drunk wife have no children and are both federal employees...they have more money then they know what to do with...me...I'm not impressed one bit...I worked for everything I have...Electrician...Master since 02.
Anyways...he has no experience on the water, no Capt license, no fishing experience etc...just money and a hand on the throttle.
I was taken off my dad's 26' CC @10 yrs old by the Coast Guard in Tom's Cove VA...as my dad promised to take me fishing but fell asleep on the couch so I decided to go myself...it has been on ever since...the next year my dad bought me a Carolina skiff with a 50hp...they never saw me again that summer.
Thats an excellent story. Also fuck Paul I hate that guy. Haha
Ever read Patrick McManus? You write like you have.

Paddletail

There are so many idiots on the water and it just gets worse and worse. All it takes is for them to be able to make that monthly payment and they think "hot damn... I'm a Captain". I have multiple boats and I prefer my kayaks quite often because I can get away from them. One of my boats was won in a tournament and has sponsorship stickers on it and it never fails... I could pop a drift off in the middle of the ship channel wit a fully loaded tanker barreling towards me and some idiot will fall in right behind me.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
There are so many idiots on the water and it just gets worse and worse. All it takes is for them to be able to make that monthly payment and they think "hot damn... I'm a Captain". I have multiple boats and I prefer my kayaks quite often because I can get away from them. One of my boats was won in a tournament and has sponsorship stickers on it and it never fails... I could pop a drift off in the middle of the ship channel wit a fully loaded tanker barreling towards me and some idiot will fall in right behind me.
We call them the Miskito fleet.

Paddletail

18B, you made the correct decision by the way.

I can't say too much about the mosquito fleet as I have made some runs out 25+ miles in a 17 footer back when I was a much younger guy. Late late summer when it gets super flat. Way back before they messed limits up and put a season on them. Sucks out of Galveston because the is no drop for 20+ miles, just flat mud.

That's the good thing about Baffin, all the idiots who don't belong get their transoms ripped off or lose the lower unit. Heard some boys will head off into the Badlands and kill their lights when being tailed in the early morning. Being unstudied & dangerous will get you in trouble real quick down there.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
18B, you made the correct decision by the way.

I can't say too much about the mosquito fleet as I have made some runs out 25+ miles in a 17 footer back when I was a much younger guy. Late late summer when it gets super flat. Way back before they messed limits up and put a season on them. Sucks out of Galveston because the is no drop for 20+ miles, just flat mud.

That's the good thing about Baffin, all the idiots who don't belong get their transoms ripped off or lose the lower unit. Heard some boys will head off into the Badlands and kill their lights when being tailed in the early morning. Being unstudied & dangerous will get you in trouble real quick down there.
I can still remember my father taking the boats out of Galveston red snapper fishing. They would come home with trash cans full of snapper. They probably had a 2 trash can limit knowing Texas. Also probably why the snapper fishing is not that good today. ( i actually have no idea what the snapper fishing is like now)